The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe you back answer this, but why the fuck are the Japanese so weird with language when it comes to these advertisements? Why write out “spicy” when they have a word for that? Same with shit like garlic. Why is the Belgian chocolate pie pronounced shokora and not chokora?

I have no idea. The only one I can think of is the same reason sometimes western people put signs upside down. To get attention.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah those are always bullshit. They'll bring you one refill, then disappear for half an hour and bring back the check, forcing you to look bad if you want any more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Those sort of deals are baller when you get a waiter that hates their job in a way that brings them to slams plates down on your table before you're even done the previous one, but most of the time you get the typical bored hatred where they just wander off and disappear. As part of my never tip again scheme, I simple can't participate in those sort of places.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I worked at Olive Garden to put myself through college. I'd go in during the Never Ending Pasta Bowl on my day off and since I knew everyone, I would get bowls of pasta at the appropriate speed. They'd bring me two or three refills at a time, or plates of just meatballs and sausages. That's the only time it was ever actually worth it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The correct order at In-N-Out is 2 double doubles animal style. Then you don't need fries.

Not a fan of animal style, but yes, two double doubles is the appropriate way to In N Out. The fries are certainly much better when ordered medium well or well done, but it's still not better than two double cheeseburgers.

• 1Quality Calories

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If I want fries, I'm going to anywhere but in n out. Arby's serves the god tier fry, so I'll even hit up two places if there's an Arby's nearby. Buccee's is experiencing some rapid biden-flation. I swear their sandwiches have gotten smaller, and now they want almost 10$ for a bisket sammich.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not a fan of animal style, but yes, two double doubles is the appropriate way to In N Out. The fries are certainly much better when ordered medium well or well done, but it's still not better than two double cheeseburgers.
I’ll have to try that next time I’m out there.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Sierra Mist rebrand, Starry, is supposed to be pretty decent. Haven't had it myself but friend did a 7UP/Sprite/Starry taste test. Said 7UP was the worst and Starry was more fruity than Sprite.

1673651264614.png

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If I want fries, I'm going to anywhere but in n out. Arby's serves the god tier fry, so I'll even hit up two places if there's an Arby's nearby. Buccee's is experiencing some rapid biden-flation. I swear their sandwiches have gotten smaller, and now they want almost 10$ for a bisket sammich.
Beef prices are insane. I was gonna make a brisket for Christmas and it was twice the price I paid the year before. It was more expensive than prime rib.

• 3Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beef prices are insane. I was gonna make a brisket for Christmas and it was twice the price I paid the year before. It was more expensive than prime rib.
Chicken seems worse IMO. $6+ a lb right now.

• 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Barbecue has gotten too popular. Brisket is no longer a cheap cut.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I buy whole prime ribs all the time precisely for this reason. I like brisket, but who the fuck would pay more for brisket than a prime rib. Prime rib is some quality eating. I’ve wondered who the suckers are paying like 22$ a pound for sirloin like I’ve seen, when prime rib prices have barely budged through the pandemics and what not. Even stupider yet, rib-eye is more than twice the price of prime rib at my grocery store. Even if I just threw the bones in the trash I’d save money. People are stupid.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users