The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
McDonald's finally raised my Ice Coffee price from $1.99 to $2.19. It was a sweet 15 years, but I guess it was bound to happen. I hope I can survive the financial strain.

They don't have any Filet O' Fish 2 for X deal yet for Lent either. Fucking dicks. It's probably going to be like 2 for $8 which is saving like $1, but whatever.
I usually have a 1 dollar iced coffee deal in my app.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Picked this up thinking it would be good, turned out it is dangerously good. Way better than it has any right being.

View attachment 462105
I know it isn't exactly the same taste, as it doesn't have the cream flavor, but if you haven't had an It's It, you really should. Granted, they are made in San Francisco so I am not really sure if they are available nationwide or I'm just privileged to have access to the greatest dessert item of all time, but if you can find them, they are wonderful.

The pic doesn't really do it justice, but it is ice cream sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies (no raisins, thank Baby Jesus), all dipped in a hard chocolate shell.

920x1240.jpg

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
McDonald's finally raised my Ice Coffee price from $1.99 to $2.19. It was a sweet 15 years, but I guess it was bound to happen. I hope I can survive the financial strain.

They don't have any Filet O' Fish 2 for X deal yet for Lent either. Fucking dicks. It's probably going to be like 2 for $8 which is saving like $1, but whatever.
McDonald’s is more expensive than Chick-fil-A now cheapskate !

We both know you hate Jesus.

Last edited:

rad

Lord of Guk
I know it isn't exactly the same taste, as it doesn't have the cream flavor, but if you haven't had an It's It, you really should. Granted, they are made in San Francisco so I am not really sure if they are available nationwide or I'm just privileged to have access to the greatest dessert item of all time, but if you can find them, they are wonderful.

The pic doesn't really do it justice, but it is ice cream sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies (no raisins, thank Baby Jesus), all dipped in a hard chocolate shell.

920x1240.jpg

Hell yes - Mint chocolate ones have been my favorite since I was a kid. Even had a few boxes shipped to the house over the years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
IHOP
Buttermilk Crispy Sandwich: basically BK sandwich but $3 more; 3/10
Hash Browns: bland, fine; 4/10
Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Pancake: goodish first bite but gets sickening quickly. Buy brownie mix from grocery store for a fraction of the price; 3/10

Xevy

Log Wizard
McDonald’s is more expensive than Chick-fil-A now cheapskate !

We both know you hate Jesus.
It's just not that good. It's good, but not once in my life for a single second have I ever craved Chik Fil A. Maybe it's because I don't have boomer blood.... yet.

• 1Moron

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's just not that good. It's good, but not once in my life for a single second have I ever craved Chik Fil A. Maybe it's because I don't have boomer blood.... yet.
I don't mind Chik-Fil-a but I'd rather have a burger. Also I prefer the chicken sandwich from Popeyes or KFC more.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Last time I got Chick-fil-A a couple years ago I just happened to look at the chicken after I took a bite and it was green. I showed the cashier and he looked stunned and just quietly gave me my money back. Haven't gone there since.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
If you haven’t craved Chik-fil-A nugs and waffle fries at least once if you’re life, then I’m pretty sure that you’re a communist.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Best chicken sandwich out there, fries are subjective but my favorite out there, and Sweet Lightning is basically Peach Mt Dew - super artificial but it hits right 8/10
Good but inconsistent. CFA is 19 miles from me and the best local KFC is 7 miles from me. CFA sandwich is great every time. KFC sandwich is amazing 10% of the time, great 30% of the time and mediocre the rest.

The one I had today was fantastic. The combo is an exceptional deal though, compared to every other meal. Chicken Sandwich + 3 small sides + a shitty watered down soda for under 11 bucks? That's like pre-Biden prices.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If you haven’t craved Chik-fil-A nugs and waffle fries at least once if you’re life, then I’m pretty sure that you’re a communist.

It's not even the nuggs, sometimes. Sometimes, I just want those sweet, sweet crunchy bits that fall off the crispy nuggs. Best part.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's brined in pickle juice, so that's probably the deal.
Some meat handling places use dyes to mark things. Every now and then you get something like a steak where they messed up and spilled some and a spot is bright purple or something when I worked in a grocery store ages ago. Chicken won’t turn green naturally.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'll also say I had two fast food places on my installation: Subway and Chik Fila. I can tell you when I didn't go offsite for food I ate Subway 0 times and Chik Fil A about 10 times in a year. And due to security shit they didn't even have a full place, just a shack with premade sandwiches they heated up and sold at lunchtime. They weren't as good as the in-store stuff, but good enough.

• 1Like