The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The burgers aren't bad at all and appear to use "fresh/fresher" ingredients. But the price? I stopped going due to the price and that was before Bindenflation. I can't imagine the cost now.
shake shack imo is in the same price tier as 5 guys but w/ 5 guys you can roll the dice and get a bomb ass burger and amazing fries or just get disappointed, shake shack is just
ok
you can eat it and not worry about the runs at an airport/airplane

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
shake shack imo is in the same price tier as 5 guys but w/ 5 guys you can roll the dice and get a bomb ass burger and amazing fries or just get disappointed, shake shack is just
ok
you can eat it and not worry about the runs at an airport/airplane
Five Guys Cajun fries are legit though. I wonder if they still dump the extra fries in the bag after Bidenomocs kicked in.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As a hot sauce nerd the sambal shortage has affected me much more than the sriracha shortage, so not sure how you guys just “switched over”.

Just make my own sambal from scratch now. Not that hard. So many of the imposters brands coming out are literally liquid ass. I had to berate the relative that keeps buying them for me and trash all the bottles in front of her to finally get her to stop.
I tried a couple other sriracha brands, but they sucked. I just basically started using more like chili crisp/chili oil more than anything. One of my favorite fat boy meals is a large order of Char Siu and a big bowl of white rice with sriracha.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Five Guys Cajun fries are legit though. I wonder if they still dump the extra fries in the bag after Bidenomocs kicked in.
it depends on location i'm sure, i've had some where they didn't, and i had 1 location where this one girls job was only to dump extra fries in lulz (they were so busy, she just looked at the bag and pre dumped reg/cajun fries in

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tried to order the Street Chalupas at Taco Bell but the lady was quick to inform me the "truck" was 6 hours late and still not there so I had to settle. Their $2 burrito menu is VERY solid comparatively to other $2 offers at fast food places. Got 2 chipotle ranch burritos and 1 beefy crunch burrito for like $6.54 or something and that's a good amount of quality calories.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tried to order the Street Chalupas at Taco Bell but the lady was quick to inform me the "truck" was 6 hours late and still not there so I had to settle. Their $2 burrito menu is VERY solid comparatively to other $2 offers at fast food places. Got 2 chipotle ranch burritos and 1 beefy crunch burrito for like $6.54 or something and that's a good amount of quality calories.
Thats literally almost an entire day's calories for $6 and change.

Protip -- order a chicken burrito between 10-11AM and you can have them add bacon from the breakfast line. Best enjoyed with Spicy Ranch in place of the Chipotle sauce

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

And you won't be able to use any other deal on the app if you take the offer. It's a scam.

You can't even use your points and a deal on their app. All the other major chains let you.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Duh, they want you to use the free fries I stead of your points or deals that costs more, and so that people take free fries over spending points and their points expire and that liability is waived off the ledger

Then they see a spike in sales and make more money with less points out there. It’s brilliant and that’s why I McDonalds. They give away free shit to make more money on fatties.

Sludig

The what? Don't even show on the website when I went to look.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's literally only in Indianapolis, Indiana. It's some weird test market thing. The website I linked a few pages back, Brand Eating, shows a lot of these test items and they're in weird as shit places.

For instance, apparently Regime Regime could be out there testing some fucking Chik Fil A burgers right now!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's literally only in Indianapolis, Indiana. It's some weird test market thing. The website I linked a few pages back, Brand Eating, shows a lot of these test items and they're in weird as shit places.

For instance, apparently Regime Regime could be out there testing some fucking Chik Fil A burgers right now!

That’s closer to McCheese McCheese and Merrith Merrith

I’d be down tho

Malakriss

We don't go into DC proper for much these days, but if the Rockville microcenter has some good Black Friday deals might be able to swing by and try then.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We don't go into DC proper for much these days, but if the Rockville microcenter has some good Black Friday deals might be able to swing by and try then.
Sichuan Jin River is best spicy food around in Rockville.