The Fast Food Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I changed my Probounds to they Them on my work accounts about a month ago, and in the last survey about two years ago I self identified as Asian.

No one has said a word about to, but I’m starting to use this shit against them in case I ever need it. I already only refer to my wife as my partner when meeting new HR staff and executives. They can assume I’m gay.

Keeping the target of the woke losers off of me and on the other straight white guys
I just think it would be a great way to turn all that shit back on them. Too many jews at the C level? Gotta hire more diversity.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Subway dominates because of the low barrier to entry. They tend to be cheap as fuck to franchise and open.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Subway dominates because of the low barrier to entry. They tend to be cheap as fuck to franchise and open.
This actually makes a lot of sense. All you really need is a bread oven, a toaster, a slicer, and some refrigerators, plus a space to operate. A sandwich is pretty easy to make, not hard to train staff (even with the level of retarded of people these days)

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This actually makes a lot of sense. All you really need is a bread oven, a toaster, a slicer, and some refrigerators, plus a space to operate. A sandwich is pretty easy to make, not hard to train staff (even with the level of retarded of people these days)
Its very popular with non-citizens looking to gain citizenship. IIRC, the turnkey cost for a unit was under $100k-$200k. Purchasing an existing franchise could be had for less. Units maxed out generally at about $35k profit which is why you see people owning lots of locations.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
The business model of most chains isn't the storefront profitability, let the franchisees figure that one out. They control the the supply line. Napkins and straws, equipment, food, the paint on the wall...you typically have to purchase through the approved vendors and can't argue the rates much. Places like subway the math is easy, it's less about ability to run a restaurant than location and traffic count. Low barrier to entry and pre-approved loan packages. What gets alot of them under water is the franchise agreement language with time gated expansion goals. Lower supply chain costs tied to location count. End up taking on more debt and get strung out trying to run too many stores.

Franchises getting too greedy and bleeding the franchisee dry with set prices and mandatory purchase schedules. That's how Quiznoes died. Cold Stone Creamery has undergone multiple franchsee lawsuits in recent years because of how stringent they control the supply line. Have to buy new scoops every 8 weeks type of madness.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
And sucking DEI cock. Mother fuckers have a DEI officer

We don't have one locally, but I felt they were worth supporting, so a few times a year while traveling we'd plan for eating at Chick-fil-A. Key word being were worth supporting.

After they started sucking DEI and BLM cock I sent them a polite message explaining how DEI and BLM goals were counter to their publicly stated missions and morality. Explained how their website messaging did not reflect the reality of DEI and only showed their ignorance. And that I wouldn't eat there any more, and I haven't.

I'm not even some hardliner political activist. I'll eat liberal chicken if it's good and they keep their politics out of business.

If a company publicly makes a sociopolitical statement or stance, though, I'll assume that's more important to them than their business, and if I don't agree with it, they'll lose my business.

I also understand they don't care about me nor the fact I believe they had the power and opportunity to push back against forces out to destroy them and all the things they claim to stand for.

They can make themselves into hypocrites, but I'm gonna pass on them making me into one.

They'll be just fine, though, with all the boomers and nutless "conservatives" that will keep slurping down their diversity-is-strength chicken. Cants put a price good chicken, boss, and dats some good chicken.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We don't have one locally, but I felt they were worth supporting, so a few times a year while traveling we'd plan for eating at Chick-fil-A. Key word being were worth supporting.

After they started sucking DEI and BLM cock I sent them a polite message explaining how DEI and BLM goals were counter to their publicly stated missions and morality. Explained how their website messaging did not reflect the reality of DEI and only showed their ignorance. And that I wouldn't eat there any more, and I haven't.
This is the most karen boomer shit I've ever read in the sanctified thread.

Amod Amod

You wanna fix this shit? I just like McDoubles. Can you shoo these people back to their pen?

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This is the most karen boomer shit I've ever read in the sanctified thread.

Amod Amod

You wanna fix this shit? I just like McDoubles. Can you shoo these people back to their pen?

But whining for amod to sanitize your fast food thread from things you don't like isn't faggot shit at all, though? You could have ignored me. You could have whined like a bitch in the actual amod thread. But you chose to be a complete fucking faggot.

Edit: could have reported a post if you felt it was a violation. Nope, instead you chose faggotry.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm not even some hardliner political activist. I'll eat liberal chicken if it's good and they keep their politics out of business.

If a company publicly makes a sociopolitical statement or stance, though, I'll assume that's more important to them than their business, and if I don't agree with it, they'll lose my business.

I also understand they don't care about me nor the fact I believe they had the power and opportunity to push back against forces out to destroy them and all the things they claim to stand for.

They can make themselves into hypocrites, but I'm gonna pass on them making me into one.

They'll be just fine, though, with all the boomers and nutless "conservatives" that will keep slurping down their diversity-is-strength chicken. Cants put a price good chicken, boss, and dats some good chicken.
This is the most boomer post I've ever read on this forum. And we have Astrocreep as a member.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Chickfila isn't even that good, you fucking boomers arguing over the privilege of purchasing mediocre chicken.

• 1Salty

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Visiting the fam over the holidays I always make it a point to have a little pilgrimage to my favorite childhood pizza place. It's a one store restaurant that started in the late 50s.

Now I don't know how to describe it but my mom says all local pizza places uses to serve pizza this way. But as the chains moved in and consumed them it's just more of a rarity these days.

The crust is much different. It's crackery and the dough is airy. They absolutely pile it with cheese too. So good.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

joz123

Potato del Grande
Last time I ate at Chick-fil-A the inside of my chicken sandwich was green. I showed the cashier and he was speechless. Just gave me my money back. Haven't been there for years and will never go back.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm not trolling, it's overhyped mediocre chicken in the same way In n Out is a cult for burgers. It's not bad, but it's not "great".
Chik-fil-a is a quality and consistent product with excellent service. Calling it mediocre is just real retarded, because their chicken is objectively good. Maybe it's not your favorite, and that's just like your opinion man.

Like I love popeye's, but I usually don't got time to deal with a drive through wafflehouse.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Purely from a food perspective Palums right. The CFA chicken sandwich is fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

But just like In & Out, its wildly overhyped and has a boring ass menu. Its a pretty much perfect analogy. CFA is to chicken sandwiches exactly as In & Out is to burgers.

There are certainly other things to like about CFA, and it makes sense if those factor into your decisions about where to eat. But that boring plain chicken sandwich? Acceptable, tasty, but not even really memorable on its own.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I thin that CFA is just too high and mighty. App gives damn few rewards. There are almost never coupons for the stuff, plus when you try to order ahead, their app in invasive of your data (tracks you and where you are and what the traffic is on the route you are coming) and then tries to have your order hot and ready. I get the idea-- but it's creepy to me.

Burger king had a perfectly decent chicken sandwich and you can get two for $5 sometimes.

Th Iraqi restaurant near me has the best chicken sandwich of all time. It has the diameter of the center of a basketball. Their chicken is crispy and the bread is freshly baked:
1703686796754.png

I was hoping they would offer a special-- but that will never happen. It's like $8 for their sandwich but if you upgrade to the $10 "special" you get fries and a salad.

I gave them a perfectly great slogan to use:

"From the river to the sea, buy one get one free."

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users