The Fast Food Thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chik Fila has had a bbq ck Sammie and one with jalapeños and honey. Both were fantastic and will probably be seasonal options in the future. Most places today do seasonal to increase anticipation/sales and limit waste and inventory space.
The fact they wont add spicy strips to the permanent menu rustles me. When they trialed them they were really good.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There is no defense for bland food. Its an offense that should literally never exist. Not in a school cafeteria. Not in a home cooked meal. And absolutely, definitely NOT in fast food whose only reason to exist is that its supposed to taste good.

It has nothing to do with being "real food". It has to do with a complete lack of seasoning. And this touches on really the one and only major problem with CFA. Wheres the buffalo chicken sandwich? The one with jalapenos? The one with barbecue and onion rings? The one with swiss cheese and ranch for people who still like bland but like their bland a little saucy? The 18 other kinds of interesting and flavorful chicken sandiwch varieties humans have come up with?

Nope, but we've got a plain chicken on some plain bread. Would you like fries with that? Good, cause thats the other item on our menu, regular fries.

People around here like to fetishize simple menus in the hopes of promoting quality. And theres something to it. But when the simple menu is a boring ass plain chicken sandwich, I can approve of the chain all day long, its still gonna be boooooooring.

No amount of "my pleasure" changes that.

I very clearly said the problem isn't the food, but the blown out taste buds of the average consumer.

And your main argument is there is no defense for bland food and that they should follow all the other fast food gimmicks of loading fast food with an ever increasing amount of flavor necessary to "taste good" to people like you with blown out taste buds?

Feel free to address my concerns that it's not the good at Chick-fil-A that is deficient. You're deficient.

Oh, yeah, and that FAST foods only reason to exist is to provide good tasting food? Too many Diablo Chickens burned a few brain cells?

And this thread doesn't fetishize basic,vreal food. It very evidently fetishizes all the Frankenstein flavors (and for good reason).

How are you so wrong on such a basic topic?

Xevy

Log Wizard
A: Burger King's Crispy Chicken is the same as Wendy's Spicy Chicken. So if you say it's bad you've literally just not had it and can fuck off.

B: Chik Fil A is brined in pickle juice. That's the seasoning outside of what they put on the breading. That's why it was green inside for whoever said that. They also have a spicy variant.

C: Your tastebuds dull as you get older. Once you're 50+ your tasting capacity is shot to fuck. Food isn't blander, you're older.

D: The mega monster foods that are jalapenos and cheese and bacon and tots and this and that are usually not great. They're like a 100% markup on price and they're just one or two overwhelming flavors and you lose the beef or chicken behind. Shit like that is like when you let an 8 year old make a sandwich. It sounds great, but in reality it's just too much. The best shit is flavors that work together rather than just one overwhelming thing hiding everything else like a lot of "hot" shit. For instance look at Popeye's sandwich. It's chicken + sauce + pickles. That's all it needed to be great. Another great comparison is Checkers/Rally's. They have weird mondo creations all the time, but a single Rallyburger with cheese still outshines most of it because it just works in equal parts.

That said I still love trying these monstrosities, but they almost always come up short. The best example is McDonald's. Their specialty QP's are like $2-3 more each and taste different, but they're almost never better than the OG or just two Cheeseburgers because those are literally scientifically formulated to be perfect.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A: Burger King's Crispy Chicken is the same as Wendy's Spicy Chicken. So if you say it's bad you've literally just not had it and can fuck off.

B: Chik Fil A is brined in pickle juice. That's the seasoning outside of what they put on the breading. That's why it was green inside for whoever said that. They also have a spicy variant.

C: Your tastebuds dull as you get older. Once you're 50+ your tasting capacity is shot to fuck. Food isn't blander, you're older.

D: The mega monster foods that are jalapenos and cheese and bacon and tots and this and that are usually not great. They're like a 100% markup on price and they're just one or two overwhelming flavors and you lose the beef or chicken behind. Shit like that is like when you let an 8 year old make a sandwich. It sounds great, but in reality it's just too much. The best shit is flavors that work together rather than just one overwhelming thing hiding everything else like a lot of "hot" shit. For instance look at Popeye's sandwich. It's chicken + sauce + pickles. That's all it needed to be great. Another great comparison is Checkers/Rally's. They have weird mondo creations all the time, but a single Rallyburger with cheese still outshines most of it because it just works in equal parts.

That said I still love trying these monstrosities, but they almost always come up short. The best example is McDonald's. Their specialty QP's are like $2-3 more each and taste different, but they're almost never better than the OG or just two Cheeseburgers because those are literally scientifically formulated to be perfect.
A fresh off the grill, no warming table McDonald's cheeseburger is pretty tasty for a cheapy bottom of the barrel cheeseburger.

Unfortunately you won't ever get one like that.

Juvarisx

Florida
It will continue until they cant get away with it anymore. Sit-down restaurants prices didn't go up that much or at all, shit like Taco Bell is still taking advantage of a lot of people who got out of the habit of going to a place like Applebees. They cant even use the minimum wage excuse in Florida, its just out of control greed.

Hell I used to love getting a Baconator now they are like $9 so I might as well order from the small burger joint that tastes 10x better for $1 more.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
It will continue until they cant get away with it anymore. Sit-down restaurants prices didn't go up that much or at all, shit like Taco Bell is still taking advantage of a lot of people who got out of the habit of going to a place like Applebees. They cant even use the minimum wage excuse in Florida, its just out of control greed.

Hell I used to love getting a Baconator now they are like $9 so I might as well order from the small burger joint that tastes 10x better for $1 more.
Fucking seriously, fiance wanted something different so she said she was going to smash burger and handed me her phone. Fucking $11 for a bacon double? GTFO of here.

I mean, if she's buying, whatever, but last I checked you can still get a burger at outback for like $10 too. Why the fuck would I waste my time with that shit.

Fuck, I can make burgers at home that taste way better in less time than it takes to drive to get the shit too.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Burger at outback was like $14 I was there the other day because I found old gift cards. I am much too pretentious to eat their regularly so I doubt I’ll ever go back.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Prices will level off when inflation hits zero. Prices won't go down until we see deflation.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Burger at outback was like $14 I was there the other day because I found old gift cards. I am much too pretentious to eat their regularly so I doubt I’ll ever go back.
Carry out. Lunches for work or something to reheat for dinner. Even if you are pretentious, that's no excuse to be throwing money away.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Taco Bell updates their value menu as the new $3 or Less Cravings Value Menu starting January 11, 2023 at participating locations nationwide.

The updated $3 or Less Cravings Value Menu includes the following items:

• Cheesy Roll Up
  • Spicy Potato Soft Taco
  • Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito
  • Double Stacked Taco
  • Stacker
  • 3-Cheese Chicken Flatbread Melt
  • Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
  • Chicken Enchilada Burrito
  • Cheesy Double Beef Burrito
  • Loaded Beef Nachos

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Taco Bell updates their value menu as the new $3 or Less Cravings Value Menu starting January 11, 2023 at participating locations nationwide.

• Cheesy Roll Up
  • Spicy Potato Soft Taco
  • Double Stacked Taco
  • Stacker
  • Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
  • Loaded Beef Nachos

diarrhea GIF

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

• Cheesy Roll Up
  • Spicy Potato Soft Taco
  • Double Stacked Taco
  • Stacker
  • Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
  • Loaded Beef Nachos

If no one has said it in the last 10 days or so.

Fuck Yum! Brands. They are the cancer that has ruined Taco Bell forever.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pizza Hut: Please buy half of a P'zone for $8. We know we sold the full one for $5-6 during covid but we promise to sprinkle some seasoning on the half you get now.

My KFC was replaced by a Roy Rogers years ago. So we just pretend it doesn't exist. Like the Dunkin Donuts next to it.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pizza Hut tastes vile to me. I threw away a free one after half a slice. For some background on how bad this pizza was to me, I'm an avid morning left out leftovers pizza eater, and I think places like Cicis and ceasers pizza are pretty dope. About the only other pizza I don't really like is Digiorno's, but that's more you can get better for cheaper in a frozen aisle. I'll still eat one of its in front of me.

Plus I think like half the pizza hut pizza I got was crust. How can you not put sauce and cheese on a pizza.

Fucker

Log Wizard
LOL@ Pizza Hut. I noticed they laid off all their delivery drivers in California. That's the livable wage at work there.

:D