The Fast Food Thread

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Pretty much always. They'll never wait for the commoners, but they -definitely- wait for the right people. I saw a guy push over a gate agent, tear down a jet bridge and then run down the side stairs onto the tarmac to chase after a plane that was backing up at my airport. That's a federal crime, and asshole was about to get arrested. Airlines redshirt runs over and checks his boarding pass and sees he's a business plat exec first class++, and they had the stairs wheeled over and the guy on the plane fast as you could blink.
Got that level of service back in the old days with British Airways with normal business class. Transport in Paris running late, I arrive late. The flight attendant took me down on the tarmac, we drove across two different tracks up to where the plane had parked, just in time for a stairs to arrive, let me climb, and...

... everyone clapped when I came in. I felt like I was some saudi princeling or something.

(Of course, at destination, my luggage wasn't there, and I had to wait a day to get it delivered to the hotel. That was the 80s, and probably the last time shit like that happened. They started chasing cheaper fare to attract more business, and before you blinked, you didn't have a business class, you had economy with slightly larger seats)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The Burrito shop I go to was out of chicken last night so they kinda went extra tonight as an apology.

I'm curious how it compares to something like Chipotle. This cost me $10.

20240314_210606.jpg

image.png

Got some nice snacks for after as well.

image.png

Good food day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Japan has pretty high rates of lactose intolerance too. At my old job we had a group that went to lunch every other Friday and the one Japanese guy was in a conundrum every time we did pizza because he loved pizza but he knew he would be on the shitter all afternoon if he went.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
1710422904654.jpeg

Tried every flavor of this so you don't have to, they were on sale super cheap. The orange is alright, the rest of the flavors are absolute ass. And no caffeine? Just don't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You generally wont find much of dairy anything in japan. It's not that they don't eat it, it's just a rarer thing to them.

They have it at this burrito shop, I just go without it!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 519701

Tried every flavor of this so you don't have to, they were on sale super cheap. The orange is alright, the rest of the flavors are absolute ass. And no caffeine? Just don't.
I saw these at my grocery store and just said why would you want a caffeine free version of the energy drink!

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
New pretzel flavor dropped, they heat up quick. I want to try mixing in the bowl with the mustard ones.

1710523063146.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been watching this guy make food. It's so different from when I worked at McDonald's 30 years ago.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've been watching this guy make food. It's so different from when I worked at McDonald's 30 years ago.

I'll take jobs that will be gone in 5 years due to the push for an insanely high minimum wage, Alex.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'll take jobs that will be gone in 5 years due to the push for an insanely high minimum wage, Alex.

Are they shiny, chrome robots or dingy black matte ones? Do they mess up orders frequently? Is it a hate crime to report an incorrect order? I dunno, could be an improvement...

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, that level of fine motor insertion skills will be reserved for "home massager" bots.

Uh oh derail gonna make people angwy. Sir, this is a Wendy's thread!
The future of fast food is still about fast food. But assembly line machines are already well past the point to be able to replace all cooks in fast food. The only reason they haven't been rolled out is that it was still cheaper and "friendlier" to have humans doing that work. With doubling, tripling, and more the minimum wage? Yeah, not so much anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users