The Fighting Game Community Thread

Tactician

Ancient
Watching the MK11 meta change every 3 matches while it's so newly released is a lot of fun. Been watching tons of team spooky streams of mk11 tourneys

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Combo breakers this weekend. MVC 2 finals live now- clearly the most hype thing going. Justin in finals. What year is this?!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit this VSAV exhibition. Japanese dude with bishamon has been schooling all comers for like 2+ hours now.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

SFV eeked out ahead of Tekken 7. SamSho with a very nice showing!

• 2Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I like SamSho quite a bit, but that's still rather baffling. It's just really not that suitable for a tourney, but hell i'll watch it for some super dumb shit. Though I'll say the same thing about Smash till I die, and those numbers are rediculous. Pre-release announce + signups and the pot bonus infusion helps tho.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll probably only watch Top 8s this year, and maybe some Tekken

Samsho is quite fun to play but very uninteresting to watch imo

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Snake vs Mike..

I miss watching this game so much. SFV is so ass.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
yeah, 5 is not very good, i tried to get into it, i tried to play it, i just couldnt after a while. I sucked at 4, but fuck i was hooked and scrubbed it with the best of them! lol. It was fun.. Hoping we get a new Street Fighter soon! Ono said he's was working on new info for Evo. They fucked up 5. It kinda all feels the same! I dont even watch it on twitch at all. Ill watch Evo though. I used to watch major's religiously, dont remember the last tone i even watched.

• 3Like

Molten Core Raider
I used to watch major's religiously, dont remember the last tone i even watched.

This is me 110%, SF5 killed my interest in the fighting game community entirely. SF4 just allowed for so much more freedom in how you play than 5 does, it was so fun to watch. SF5 is too same-y.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are four or five guys that need to be tuned down in small ways, maybe allow custom move sets would address this mostly. Aside from that MK11 is rock solid and rewards knowledge way more than twitch. That's were SF5 fucked up the most in their quest for balance. When all the characters are samey, twitch eclipses all other factors and you end up with the shitshow it has ended up. Twitching attention whores belong playing Smash, not SF or MK.

• 3Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Samsho ended up being a lot more fun to watch than i expected. Also caught Uniest , good chunk of BBTAG, VSAV, Sailor moon (lol). Think i caught a match or 2 of Sako styling on fools in SF5, but i basically skipped that whole stream.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
As much shit as Street Fighter gets I still find it fun to watch. I wish Punk could have gotten at least top 8 but at least Bonchan was up to the challenge.

Murica winning the weeb game earlier. Truly the darkest timeline.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
As a purely spectator of fighting games, I find pro level SFV enjoyable to watch. Only times I get turned off is when 1-2 characters start becoming way over represented, ie Cammy awhile back. Of the Top 8s I watched(SamSho/BBTag/SFV) I thought SamSho was definitely the one I liked best, just how it plays with the potential of huge hits makes it very tense. Only knock was same as I have with SFV, way too many Genjuro but was whatever considering first major tournament.

Other big thing for me was the official confirm of the Riot fighting game, tho at best might get a demo/trailer at next year's EVO.