The Fighting Game Community Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I can't wait for this. I really miss watching high level play of SFIV. SFV not so much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your Evo 2020 lineup. I wish it was ST or USF4 instead of MVC2, imho. I guess Ed Boon didn't pay McRib enough money to keep MK in the lineup.

Dcs8QrY.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
MK has pretty much always been a one and done as far as evo goes. MVC2 has been brewing in the background w/ yipes and various others running tourneys lately. MVC3 too for that matter. Lotta rusty people but high level play of both those games is still a thing all of its own. IF people actually shake the rust off, and practice up-marvel is super hype. Bring out Art's horde of modded dreamcasts! Sloppy mvc is gonna be a bummer tho, and the execution ceiling in that game is pretty absurd.
I'm semi surprised that SC is back again- that scene seems to have died pretty hard. The rest are pretty much gimme's. I am amused that samsho is back, but not shocked.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Fuck yeah MVC2 EVO.

MK 11 lost me when they added Terminator and Joker. Please no more of this shit.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
mvc2 is just oldschool hype, i'm stoked for it
bring my man fanatiq back, we must revive beyonzo and sentijamal

also pretty sure as much as i'd love to see SF4 again, capcom doesnt want it played while SF5 is there as well

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Art and Spooky been keeping it alive during lockdown, running online tourneys. They actually found enough people with ps3 versions of MvC2 to do a tourney. On GF now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
so I have been using the quarantine to get my 6yo into the amazingness that is Dragon Ball. He is done with DB and into the Namek saga for DBZ. Got us DB FighterZ when it went on sale and now I'm obsessed, I feel like I'm getting the hang of it and can get A and S rank in arcade no problem but then I go into matches and get my shit pushed in, any experts in here who can give me some advice on improving.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The only way to win at footsies is to just play it a ton.

I still think MK11 is really good but shouldn't have the goofy cameos.

• 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Art and Yipes running a mvc2 tourney. Going on break for a min now. But mvc2 is always kinda weirdly hype at the top end.

Molten Core Raider
FGC got hit hard this year. We have over a years worth of posts in a single page of this thread. I blame SFV (and covid)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It really was covid. Once all the locals dried up, the momentum just died. No one has any hopes for online tourneys to be a serious endeavor, so even tho some of them were engaging, it was always with a lens of well- that prolly wouldn't have gone down the same offline.
Mr Wiz getting canceled and EVO being buried mid year was the death knell.

The MVC2 thing i mentioned, was local on some of art's modded to shit dreamcasts. It's great to know, even in 2020- ghetto tourneys in appartments over a dreamcast are still happening. Fuck esports.