The Fighting Game Community Thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah srk forums are pretty good for getting lingo and basic knowledge like that, as well as character specific forums/threads will give you a good idea on matchup knowledge, frame data, combos, etc.

the new layout is absolutely horrendous at the moment though haha so goodluck there~

since you mentioned those above:

special cancel - this is more designed for your normal moves being cancelable into a special move. (crouching medium kick xx hadoken) for example. *xx means special cancel
hard knockdown - this is a knockdown that you can't tech to quick rise, an example of this would be a crouching heavy kick (sweep)
mix-up - mix ups are just mind games, to make so you aren't completely predictable on your offense. using different attacks, throws, cancels instead of doing the same sequence over and over.
cross-up - a cross up is when somebody jumps over you, and makes you block in the opposite direction. If you get knocked down, and they jump just enough over you, that you have to block on the opposite side that they jumped from.

you'll want to get some ideas on a "link" versus a "chain" attack as well, as some (a lot) of characters require these for max damage combos.

But yeah, definitely check the newbie dojo, and character/game specific forums and you'll have a shit load of information you can absorb~

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because fuck the competitive game forum.

So IGN is trying to sell off the IPL brand. Mike Ross confirmed to be affected.

Lots of Marvel players going to Winterbrawl. Many jimmies gon' be rustled this weekend.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So IGN is trying to sell off the IPL brand.Mike Rossconfirmed to be affected.
i7KX6N8.png

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I'm hoping for Tekken v Streetfighter, I always preferred the Tekken engine to the super fast Street fighter one

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Do any of you guys play TTT2? I've been playing so much SFXT lately that I've hardly touched it. Is it big in the comp. scene?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is total newb at SSIV or SFxT and wants to learn / goof off some nights on X360 let me know. Fianc? got me both for birthday and was going to start playing after finishing Ni No Kuni.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Because fuck the competitive game forum.
This.

Watched some of Winterbrawl this weekend, took me a while to find the discussion here. We went from nonstop posting during majors to hearing a cricket fart on these new boards due to the thread getting buried.

edit: Biz post on these new boards under a different name?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
This.

Watched some of Winterbrawl this weekend, took me a while to find the discussion here. We went from nonstop posting during majors to hearing a cricket fart on these new boards due to the thread getting buried.

edit: Biz post on these new boards under a different name?
He registered under Bizazedo but not actively posting. Been busy with work or something.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fighting Game Deal day on XBL:

Mortal Kombat - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 60% off - xbldb -
Mortal Kombat vs. DCU - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb -
Street Fighter IV - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb -
Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb -
Street Fighter X Tekken - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 50% off - xbldb -
Tekken 6 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb -
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 60% off - xbldb -
The King Of Fighters XIII - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=336317

Tag 2 @ $20 is a steal. It's was the best fighter to come out last year imho.