The Fighting Game Community Thread

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone been catching Skinhoff on the EC streams? That spider man setup is beast. PR Rog last night said he has something special for Chris G at Final Round, cant wait for that shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone took Rolento from xTK and put him into SFIV PC. It hasn't been fully implemented yet but a lot of the grunt work is done it seems.

asapCT_sl

shitlord
MCZ Unveiled this weekend is looking pretty dope. Ryan Hart vs Mago was... unexpected. At least it was a good show of high level play.

On another note, anyone pick up DS: Resurrection? I'm really getting into Vsav and the netcode is amazing. I've only had one match with a lot of rollback so far in ~50+ ranked matches.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hmm.. another SF4 rebalance patch incoming. I foresee bad things.

Although i'd be happy so long as they buff yun's dive kick recovery on whiff, so i don't get DP'd or thrown out of DP baits, 3rd strike esque.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
they just need to buff the shitty characters or at least make them a bit more relevant, there are 39 characters and like 30 are pretty worthless.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
they just need to buff the shitty characters or at least make them a bit more relevant, there are 39 characters and like 30 are pretty worthless.
UmvC3, at the moment, feels right. Everyone has some kind of bullshit that can at least make them viable to play. Are there other characters that can clearly do more damage with less execution? Yes, but there's very few worthless characters. I'm sure if people spent some time with the under-used half of the cast, they could find some good shit. I remember in one of the Salty Suites episodes where one guy playing MODOK managed to make Chris G rage quit by using his unlimited flight to fly above his Morrigan spam.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
C. Champ calling out MK9 players at a PAX interview. Might see some major hype going into EVO 2k13.

Gotta say my opinion of F. Champ has been slowly changing. He's basically one of the few players that try to keep the FGC hype train going. Mike Ross basically disappeared after he got screwed over at IPL, Gootecks is not doing much, Justin Wong ran out of X-Factor, Combofiend is not allowed to join tournaments, etc.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
I know its kind of the same but we were talking about sf4 here, officially the marvel team work on other project now and there won't be any update to the game anymore.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Final Round happening this weekend, been pretty good stuff so far. Combofiend and Zhi commentating together is absolutely killing me

Mertz_sl

shitlord
Final Round happening this weekend, been pretty good stuff so far. Combofiend and Zhi commentating together is absolutely killing me
Zhi on Marvel commentating was godlike as well, and Spooky put Fanatiq on blast for something he did on stream 2 but not sure what happened. SFxT has been hype for me with those 2013 changes, Sethlolol and LPN matches were incredible.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spooky put Fanatiq on blast because he was promoting AGE on stream when they are not FR sponsors. Then Fanatiq got banned from commentating in future tournaments.

Fanatiq also pissed that AGE got the shaft again in the pools. ChrisG and Fanatiq play in the first game of top 64, and if Fanatiq wins, he plays Knives in 2 games.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
FUCK! The 645 twitch channel got REAL just right now.

EDIT: Just found out Karaface is atrannyand KingofSarus is asking "her" out on stream.

Neo has ALL the godlike stories

Needless

Toe Sucker
what.. you didn't know karaface was a trap?
should i break the news that kayopolice is as well? haha

Are you the guy thats in vancouver dauntless? I can't remember.. if so, are you attending April Duels on the 6th?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think it was Cross Counter that did like a two hour interview with Karaface a couple years back? It was kind of awkward and they talked about the trap. And then there was some other interview about "females" in the FGC that included Kara....

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Infiltration is just so much better than everybody else at AE right now. I love watching him play. I wish he would use Hakan more!

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Final round 16 :

SFxT GF was nice and i hate SFxT.
I missed AE top 8 but one draw game didnt go unnoticed, infiltration took it at the end.
Marvel top 8: bleh everyone getting destroyed by chris morri/doom and are "wtf can we do ??!!!" like its some new shit, im no pro but damn that was painfull to watch champ/flocker/etc getting chipped to death. Ask pr rop or get rid of that useless hawkeye assist maybe ? Damn i was so annoyed. I never though seeing flocker smiling and laughing while he loose 6-0 would would be so annoying...man if you don't give a fuck just let someone else try to be offensive at least.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Final round 16 :

SFxT GF was nice and i hate SFxT.

I missed AE top 8 but one draw game didnt go unoticed, infiltration took it at the end.

Marvel top 8: bleh everyone getting destroyed by chris morri/doom and are "wtf can we do ??!!!" like its some new shit, im no pro but damn that was painfull to watch champ/flocker/etc getting chipped to death. Ask PR rog or get rid of that useless hawkeye assist maybe ? Damn i was so annoyed. I never though seeing flocker smiling and laughing while he loose 6-0 would would be so frustrating...man if you don't give a fuck just let someone else try to be offensive at least.

Fanatiq/spooky drama :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jkrjlLKp-gw