The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't tried wait mode yet, but the combat is fun. My only complaint is I wish they would have switched the attack button with the dodge button, it seems wrong after playing so many games where that is attack.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I play Wait Mode, and I rarely end up pausing. I do it a few times here and there when I get confused because of the camera to get my bearings back...other than that I play just like it was Active Mode.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find myself listening more to the Final Fantasy XIII music than I do any other while tooling around in the car. Which is odd since, at the time, I didn't think of the music in XIII as being all that memorable.

Yeah, 13 wasn't a great game but within its rather extensive list of problems you won't find music. Hell, I still play Snow's theme in the gym sometimes

Lenas

Trump's Staff
To those that finish the story, what level were you when you finished it? Or what level is "required to finish it"?
Level 40 or so it seems.

You should progress the story a little bit so you don't faceroll everything. Side quests don't go away, nothing is missable.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Level 40 or so it seems.

You should progress the story a little bit so you don't faceroll everything. Side quests don't go away, nothing is missable.

40 seems low but I believe it, hit level 49 last night in chap 8 with 31ish hours played, I did a ton of things got 120K XP then doubled it at the beach resort. Got like 12 levels or something like that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think I am in chapter 8, level 35 or so. Was driving toward a story objective and had to stop due to magitek in the road. It was level 17; that made me think maybe I shouldn't do so much side stuff.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Question(sorry if asked, I skipped the last 10+ pages of this thread): Are the treasure spots on the maps just random loot? I started picking them all up and clearing them out, but then when I talked to the diner dude again, it seems to have "refilled" those treasures on the map again. I don't want to waste hours and hours picking up mediocre accessories if that's the case.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Sorry if this was already answered, but since I also skipped a lot of the thread to avoid spoilers or anything, once you "beat the story mode" you can wander around and do side quests, right?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Sorry if this was already answered, but since I also skipped a lot of the thread to avoid spoilers or anything, once you "beat the story mode" you can wander around and do side quests, right?

Nothing is missable. You can go back and do everything after you beat the game

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question(sorry if asked, I skipped the last 10+ pages of this thread): Are the treasure spots on the maps just random loot? I started picking them all up and clearing them out, but then when I talked to the diner dude again, it seems to have "refilled" those treasures on the map again. I don't want to waste hours and hours picking up mediocre accessories if that's the case.

They're not random, but they do refill and they're generally not worth going out of the way for. It's a little annoying because as far as I know once the treasure has replenished there's not a way to determine whether you've looted it before.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've almost found that the blue (non marked) treasures are better than the red ones half the time. usually items i have more interest in. I dont think they respawn, or maybe not as likely to if a rarer item?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Excluding the start of Chapter 6 are most of the scenes from the Omen trailer not in the game and just totally made up?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On a scale of FF13 to FF6, how does this compare? Is it completely button mash action combat ala Star Ocean or is there some semblance of tactical play to it?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd say this is the most button mashing Final Fantasy I've ever played. (I've played every numbered one and none of the -2 or -3 games). It's very much an action game with RPG elements in gear and levels.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
On a scale of FF13 to FF6, how does this compare? Is it completely button mash action combat ala Star Ocean or is there some semblance of tactical play to it?

instead of button mashing you hold down O and use the stick for a lot of it with the occasional Triangle.

IT takes some getting used to, i still bash the O and remind myself you can just hold it down. I find the combat refreshing but it might get old as i get deeper into the game. about 12 hours in still on C3, doing a ton of sidequests.

Malakriss

It helps boost your AP if you get good at block+parry and finishing with warp strikes. At higher levels it certainly helps to get better at dodging and phasing defensively and lining up positions for blindsides and tactics too.

Malakriss

Ring of Lucis EXP + Gil farming method (Wyvern bounty)
Final Fantasy XV - 500K Gil & 1.6M EXP Farm Method (NO EXP MAGIC NEEDED) - YouTube

Rare coin farm map (35% chance for each ground spawn)
WX00odp.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
unconfirmed rumors
http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap

vgleaks said:
2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.
Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.
– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.