The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing on the 10k gil one and maxing out your treasure is one option for gil, can sell the prize for 500k.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
They could go anywhere with the DLC and it would be awesome really. Wouldn't mind playing the group from kingsglaive.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I actually just died in the game for the first time. My characters are level 6 and I went up against a Giant Flan for a hunt. He was level 15, and eventually I died. Oh well, I'll refine the strategy and try again.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a blast with this, 20 hours in just met the guys sister... lvl 29 I think, fishing is sucking my time away hahaha. Suppose I should start story soon

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just quit after you get 99 treasure chests for the accessory
Are the treasure chests the wood plank looking things? I was wondering what those were for. I tried the game once for about 20 min. Got like 15 treasure chests and didn't know what was going on, other than me not dying wave after wave so I quit out of it to keep doing hunts/explore.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
anyone find a reasonable technique for landing the batmobile when you get it for the end game? It's nice being able to fly but its painful when landing wrong on a road can kill you into to be punished with a long load time and sometimes seems worse than just driving/quick traveling to where you need to go. Though I know there's a dungeon only accessible by flying.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked this up today and did a bit of play and I'm liking it, but I can't seem to hit those hanging spots to save my life while in combat.

I did it well enough the first time it introduced them but now my character ends up shooting off in another direction ebery time. Can anyone provide some tips?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Use wait mode

Stop moving

AIm camera at hanging spot

Warp to hanging spot

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up today and did a bit of play and I'm liking it, but I can't seem to hit those hanging spots to save my life while in combat.

I did it well enough the first time it introduced them but now my character ends up shooting off in another direction ebery time. Can anyone provide some tips?

Make sure you aren't holding R1 that locks you onto a target. Basically make sure you let go of every button except the sticks, look at it, then press your warp button.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I find myself listening more to the Final Fantasy XIII music than I do any other while tooling around in the car. Which is odd since, at the time, I didn't think of the music in XIII as being all that memorable.

I also had to go get a new controller because my R2 button was no longer up to the task of being full analog and thus I was stuck in almost zero acceleration when driving around or riding a chocobo. Never had any issue with another game, but there was no way I could go through the whole game like that, especially when you can't use Ignis to drive everywhere.

I'm level 32 and still not out of Chapter 3 and yet I keep doing sidequests. I justify this because despite being level 32 I keep getting my ass kicked in combat, I must not be defensive enough or be letting Gladio tank or something.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Having a blast with this, 20 hours in just met the guys sister... lvl 29 I think, fishing is sucking my time away hahaha. Suppose I should start story soon

Level 51. Still not met the sister....
I have to now though, not many side quests left that I can access. Didn't grind the little cacataurs, but just did several side quests in a row and rested at the 2x inn. Went from 6 - 21. 21-26. 26-41 and 41 - 51. Bought the 10k weapons from the hunter HQ.

Also unlocked the aerial skills. Fighting a flock of birds drastically changed. Now Noctis warps around in the air anime style until his mp depletes and falls down (sometimes from really high up).

Two questions though:

1) The level 30 quest of exploring the mountain. Can I do that yet? I can't find the path. There is the lava cave I can't get to where I just assume Ifrit is, and then there is the large open area that enters into a cave that slides you back to the beginning.

2) Is there a way to easily see what fish in a spot responds to what lure without having to try every lure at every spot? Always seems like there are one or two fishes that are really picky about the lure. I have like 20+ of them now, so going through them takes too long. I started going through them at one spot at 4 pm and the sun set before I was done, despawning the "day" fish. That is just tossing the line, seeing if it triggers and instantly swapping the lure if the fish doesn't respond. Has to be a better way than just trial and error.

EDIT: also a little tip. Playing the pin machines takes 1 hour per boss encounter completed, so faster to do that than to just wait for day/night if you don't want to rest. And probably something everyone knew, but I somehow missed for the first 25 hours, you can edit your chocobos with the lady standing next to the chocobos you can pet in the Wiz Chocobo Post.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Make sure you aren't holding R1 that locks you onto a target. Basically make sure you let go of every button except the sticks, look at it, then press your warp button.

Or even with R1 you can press and hold triangle and if you have a warp point in sight it will prioritize the point over your target.

This game is amazing, put in over 30 hours in 4 days, haven't done that since highschool.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm level 32 and still not out of Chapter 3 and yet I keep doing sidequests.

I'm about the same, level 34 and still in chapter 3. I still have a bunch of sidequests left to do. I have serious OCD in this game where I can't skip sidequests, and detour to pick up any food, mineral, treasure even I don't need them.

I find the combat is so much fun, that I'll sometimes go out of my way to fight stuff that I could easily skip. :)

To those that finish the story, what level were you when you finished it? Or what level is "required to finish it"?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Picked this up the other day. About 6 hours in. Thought the entire game was sparsely populated. Turned out I had been playing for about 2 hours with a bug that stopped things from spawning.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I find myself listening more to the Final Fantasy XIII music than I do any other while tooling around in the car. Which is odd since, at the time, I didn't think of the music in XIII as being all that memorable.