The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Magic is exactly that, and from what I've seen and played is basically an "Oh shit" button.

Right either at the very beginning of a fight to burst off a chunk of the mob's life, or to give you that last bit at the very end. Kind of like how I treat grenades in Fallout 4. If you can set one of your guys to do it, I'll probably do that, if not, it will be very rare times that I use it most likely.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Only a couple hours in but it warms my dead black heart. Cool little game, very fun feeling.

Fedor

<Banned>
Only a couple hours in but it warms my dead black heart. Cool little game, very fun feeling.

there's a secret area in the nether nebula (need smash and flutter abilities) where you can get a ton of exp

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I got my PS4 Pro, set it up, and now I wait 3 weeks for FFXV before I use it.

Malakriss

"The high quality mode appears to render at higher resolution, with better shadows and details, smoother hair, less aliasing and so forth, but frame rate is capped at 30 FPS. The lightweight mode uncaps the frame rate (which appears to be running at about 45-50 at the moment), but displays a lower quality image."

It would be one thing if lightweight was running 1080p at a static 60fps vs HQ 30fps, but since it doesn't get above 50 I can stand the static 30.

Malakriss

Final Fantasy XV: Judgment Disc demo launches November 11 in Japan, PS4 Pro details - Gematsu

"Square Enix also shared new details about the game’s planned PlayStation 4 Pro support. An update adding 4K and HDR support will be released alongside the game on November 29, but they want to release an update that has been optimized a bit more at a later date. They want to release another PlayStation 4 Pro update in December as well, which aims to implement support for 1080p at 60 frames per second on HDTVs. They’re currently at the tuning stage, but have it running roughly between 40 and 50 frames per second."

Xalara

Golden Squire
I've been playing the judgement demo on my PS4 Pro and it looks reaaally pretty with HDR and 4k.

It seems that Sqiare-Enix has managed to fix a pot of the concerns I had with the level of detail on things like trees, too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So if you don't have a 4K or HDR compatible television is there a reason in upgrading to a PS4 Pro from a PS4? Will I be able to see any graphical improvement?

Malakriss

High Quality mode only exists on the Pro, and considering that lightweight mode only hits 40-50 I assume if you want a stable 1080p 60fps or better you will need one. The pictures from Final Fantasy XV Demo on PS4 Pro Has Quality and Frame Rate Graphics Settings; Screenshot Comparison do show some differences in smoother edges and lighting but we don't know how much improvement the distant textures will get in launch patch or December patch for the Pro.

Going forward I wouldn't be surprised if 30-50 fps is the standard for Xbox/PS4 and devs go for 60fps on Pro only.

edit:
0iMQLkp.gif

0iMQLkp.gif

Last edited:

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's a harsh review of the game by Conan, especially to get an early preview and shit.

But its Final Fantasy, so we all knew you'd be walking around endlessly with no idea wtf is going on.

Siliconemelons

LOL @ Conan's play through. The thing is as much as they make the combat action based they seem to make the rest of the crap even worse - overworld maps existed so you would not have to travel the juuuge distance between town and mountain etc- you get the scale in your mind... you don't need to wonder around for two hours in your broken car.