The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't get the blitzball hate, having just picked up x/x2 on ps4 to play through the first time. Jecht shot trivializes pretty much every game where you just pass to Tidus and score. Each enemy team only has 2 good shooters if your keeper has equivalent catch skill/super goalie, play in marked mode where you have 3 players on the best shooter and 2 on the other. Most games consist of their passers swimming around jerking off with the shooters ganged up on for the whole match.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't get the blitzball hate, having just picked up x/x2 on ps4 to play through the first time. Jecht shot trivializes pretty much every game where you just pass to Tidus and score. Each enemy team only has 2 good shooters if your keeper has equivalent catch skill/super goalie, play in marked mode where you have 3 players on the best shooter and 2 on the other. Most games consist of their passers swimming around jerking off with the shooters ganged up on for the whole match.

It was just the repetitive nature of it, needing to play so many games to get Wakka's shit. I'll admit to having a little fun trying to actually level a high level team (which ironically you'd want 3 or 4 players from one of the early villages whose players were not very good at all at low levels...but became monsters at higher levles), but it was still a grind. Something to be said for just playing as little as possible just get Brother and level him up to where he dominates every game and Tidus can just score at will.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It was just the repetitive nature of it, needing to play so many games to get Wakka's shit. I'll admit to having a little fun trying to actually level a high level team (which ironically you'd want 3 or 4 players from one of the early villages whose players were not very good at all at low levels...but became monsters at higher levles), but it was still a grind. Something to be said for just playing as little as possible just get Brother and level him up to where he dominates every game and Tidus can just score at will.

This is why I hate blitzball, it's just the same game characters/teams etc etc over and over, and not being able to quit a season after it starts too re-roll the rewards, was really lame.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Figure this thread is as good of a spot for this as anywhere.

The Dissidia Final Fantasy NT fighting game started a week long beta test on the Playstation 4 this weekend (runs until Sunday Sept 3rd) and I ended up with two codes. Used one, here's the other if anyone here wants to try it out.

J2CL-J8NP-K6E7

Head to the Playstation store and redeem the code and that's it. 9gb download later and you're rolling. I haven't played it much but the game is kinda weird, a mix of Power Stone and Smash Brothers. There's only twelve or so characters available at the moment and a single game mode but it's fun for a bit. Give it a whirl if you're interested.

Redeemed. DLing now, ty sir!

Merrith

This is why I hate blitzball, it's just the same game characters/teams etc etc over and over, and not being able to quit a season after it starts too re-roll the rewards, was really lame.

Agreed. I only did the high level team once just to do it and try to get all their key abilities just to see how diesel they were at high levels...but really it's unnecessary for what you need to do in game. All too quickly you can win every game like 10-0 just stealing the ball constantly and scoring constantly with Tidus.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, if you have the Jecht shot(s) and just abuse Brother running up the middle to pass to Tidus nearby, -every- game is a hilarious blowout. It also makes the games last forever since most of the time is spent with "goal" screens and the timer stopped. The best method of wasting time and just completing shit is to have Tidus score 2-3 goals and then just circle the bowl forever, with passing to Brother when you need stamina on Tidus, which isn't an issue after like 7-8 games due to leveling. Only team that can fuck that strategy up is the Al'Behd, but they tend to (in my experience) trade like 1/2 their players for slow as fuck dudes who cannot keep up with Brother or Tidus after a bit.

It's annoying, and only because it is hilariously easy if you just wait to play seriously until you get access to Brother. Then it is just a time consuming joke.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Don't use Wakka. I just have Tidus hit the flyers.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Blitzball players train underwater and are just able to hold their breath longer than others I guess.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should have just created a reason they could breathe underwater given 10+ minute matches where you get repeatedly kicked/punched in the face, poisoned, put to sleep etc.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If you are going to do the monster arena or dark aeons then he's not really optional. The attack reels makes a lot of fights very easy.

Attack reels are pretty much required for Penance, it's the only limit that can hit mutiple targets mutiple times, and even then it's still RNG as fuck

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Abyss had breathable water, and it was mildly based upon some scientific principles. FFX has magic and aeons and all sorts of shit; them breathing water is kind of a minor complaint hah.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They just hold their fucking breath, it's a game mechanic no need to overanalyse it this much. Only the two blitzball players and the underwater salvager can do it, it takes training otherwise every character would be playable underwater.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any zodiac players that want a guaranteed way to get the Seitengrat watch this video.

Just make sure the guy is at/above the top step before opening the chest (too soon is gil/knot). The bow trivializes every fight but if you just want it for shits and giggles the video method 100% works.

Last edited:

SeanDoe1z1

Any zodiac players that want a guaranteed way to get the Seitengrat watch this video.
Just make sure the guy is at/above the top step before opening the chest (too soon is gil/knot). The bow trivializes every fight but if you just want it for shits and giggles the video method 100% works.

I will probably replay this. Did not know the recent release date, thanks.

I liked FXV but game felt unfinished, hopefully just a beta cash grab for FF7 remake. I'll probably revisit after all the DLCs are finished. Lack of control of party was a big turn off for me and aeon summon system was a POS that I am shocked went past any design stage. Getting older sucks too, my daughter kept calling me out on my shitlord status any time Cindy was on screen. Hard to argue on that one.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
I will probably replay this. Did not know the recent release date, thanks.

I liked FXV but game felt unfinished, hopefully just a beta cash grab for FF7 remake. I'll probably revisit after all the DLCs are finished. Lack of control of party was a big turn off for me and aeon summon system was a POS that I am shocked went past any design stage. Getting older sucks too, my daughter kept calling me out on my shitlord status any time Cindy was on screen. Hard to argue on that one.

The aeon system was weird as hell. I've put in about 60ish hours and haven't actually seen Titan yet. I think Noct has to be the only one 'alive' for it to trigger, but whatever. It's weird, I agree with all the complaints about the game, be it combat, or how unfinished the last handful of chapters are, but this is easily a top 5 FF for me. I really, really liked the camaraderie between the 4, as I genuinely cared about the characters. Didn't hurt that this was one of a couple games that my fiancee enjoyed watching me play.

My biggest gripe would be for some more exposition, or really, anything, about the world in the last chapter. I thought I'd get something, but nah, just a "head here for the final battle."

Malakriss

I played FFXV more than FFXIII but both will fall into the same category of never replay again. Finished games do wonders but slapping on DLC after DLC just doesn't do it for me.