The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

kudos

<Banned>
I feel 12 is very underrated and if it had a graphics update and sold today it'd be a hit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I feel 12 is very underrated and if it had a graphics update and sold today it'd be a hit.

Yeah I really appreciated 12. 12 was probably the only FF game I actually didnt mind the english Voice acting for either. The others just were god awful or constant puns (ff15). So I woudl choose the Japanese VO if available. but never felt like it was an issue with 12 in comparison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

They just re-released 12 and it got good reviews.

Wouldn't mind a 12-2 with updated graphics or even the same engine. It ended regrettably; I was surprised the end was the ending. Plenty to continue on that story.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
XII has a great development system and a really mediocre battle system. The story had no real high stakes either.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
They ran out of money/time for FF12 and missed off the usual plot twist at the end of the game. It's like if FF7 finished after Rufus got blown up by Diamond WEAPON, or FF8 finished after beating Seifer on Lunatic Pandora, or FFX finished at after killing Yunalesca. Actually the best comparison is finishing FF6 after the floating continent have having no World of Ruin.

There should have been an endgame dungeon where you go and fight the Occuria who have given up on humanity and want to lay waste to the world, have them suceed somewhat which sets up Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story being in post apocalyptic world. Not having this is a massive black mark on the game.

The other issue is them focus grouping the protagonist too much and switching from Ashe to Basch to Vaan. Ashe should have been the main character, see the world from the eyes of a sheltered princess who has been in hiding for years as she gradually seizes her destiny. Have her second name be Beoulve too. Nobody likes Vaan.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I remember grinding the hell out of the area near Frans hometown. EXP was amazing.
Yeah go hog wild on those panthers, ridiculous xp/money

There was also a gambit setup you could do (at least on the original version) that basically autoleveled for you overnight. There was some rare npc in a ruins that would summon minions. You basically set up the gambit to revive anyone dead (rare 1 hit KO ability i think it sometimes did) and heal if anyone goes under 20% and to only attack the low HP summoned minions. only took 1 or 2 sessions to do this and would get your party very close to 99 if not 99. Then you just had to swap some out and repeat til they were all there. Thats how I cheesed the grind also.

Looks like it still works in zodiac age too:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anymore when I play Final Fantasy games I try to do my own sort of low-level challenge... They get too easy if you grind like that early on.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm replaying Final Fantasy X (first time with the HD PS4 version), and when I made it to the classic awkward laugh scene my cat stared at the TV with a look of such confusion on her face. Even funnier because 99% of the time she ignores the TV.

Even my cat thought that scene was weird as hell lol

Fedor

<Banned>
we5rosyfio311.jpg

Siliconemelons

Well to be fair, the laugh at the sky thing is a very Asian Japan trope and just does not work in any media - animes, Asian film... ffX

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta

this starts in a couple weeks. it's a charity event revolving around Final Fantasy 5. the main portion of the charity is a group of streamers doing the main The Run and accepting donations for Child's Play. but everyone gets to play along, they have a Twitter bot that will assign jobs to anyone that wants to participate, and if nothing else, you're at least helping the Twitter visibility of the charity event.

i haven't done it before, but FF5 is a wonderful game and Child's Play seems like a good charity. i will be playing this year. pre-registration has already started.

thought about starting a separate thread for this, but not sure how much interest there will be. would be fun for us to all do it as a group, tho! will start a thread if enough people chime in. :)

This started today :). I got Knight for my first job, could be worse.

Siliconemelons

The fact the 7 remake is not done means they are messing with way more than they should.

While what I hope for is a complete unified FF7 universe game, start with the events of FF7 - then do a full remake of CrisisCore and other stuff to flesh it out, but not get overly side tracked by some of that mobile shit they did-- and CUT off the story tendrils they left/made in the "Completion" project - then turn the after 7 content into one RPG that ends with Advent Children - but change the stupid ending to having sepheroth win (you know, when he stabbed Cloud 100 times) - and end with a blacked out earth flying through the universe - give a 1000 years later, and we see a small little black rock crash into a planet... fade out "Final Fantasy - 2024" reboot the damn series and get back to real RPG roots.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
From what I understand, the original studio they tasked with doing the remake, fucked up bad(really fucking bad), at the Japan Conference SE held a couple months back, a demo video was played(was not allowed to be shown outside of the conference), but it had brand new models for everyone, including the few Midgar areas they showed. I have a feeling we will probably see more, either at TGS or PSX this year..

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Gilgabot gave me Knight / Red Mage / Bard / Dancer for the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta.

Dancer is an awful pull, and I distinctly lack healing. But it all SHOULD be doable still, including Omega and Shinryu superbosses.

Already excited to beat this run and do another one with different classes. Any FF5 fans should get in on this. :)

I heard about it from here first, forget who told me...

Rude

Potato del Grande
The fact the 7 remake is not done means they are messing with way more than they should.

While what I hope for is a complete unified FF7 universe game, start with the events of FF7 - then do a full remake of CrisisCore and other stuff to flesh it out, but not get overly side tracked by some of that mobile shit they did-- and CUT off the story tendrils they left/made in the "Completion" project - then turn the after 7 content into one RPG that ends with Advent Children - but change the stupid ending to having sepheroth win (you know, when he stabbed Cloud 100 times) - and end with a blacked out earth flying through the universe - give a 1000 years later, and we see a small little black rock crash into a planet... fade out "Final Fantasy - 2024" reboot the damn series and get back to real RPG roots.
Kinda figured once they talked about how the battle system was gonna be like Kingdom Hearts the game would most likely suck. And I'm sure the comic mischief and other humor is going to be cut out of this remake.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I had a dream where FFVII remake was announced and it was turn based.

I woke up and now I'm just sad.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users