The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact that VII remake is not done is because Nomura is heading it up. I'm legit amazed they finally got KH III to a point that it's almost ready to be released. It blows me away at how long it takes SE to make things. In the time it takes them to do one game, most other companies have released multiple entries in one series. Ever since Sakaguchi left after FFX, they have gone downhill in both quality and efficiency. I mean, christ, they announced FF XIII versus in what? 2006? And it took them 10 years to "complete" it? Their leadership is completely borked at this point, and I'm not sure it will ever be fixed. They will never go under, but they are diminished enough for me that I rarely pay attention to any news they have on any project they are working on until just a month or two before release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It took them 7 years to tell themselves they could only take 3 more years to finish FF15 and people are acting like this is longer than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Why release a finished game when you can charge players $15 every 3 months for DLC that should've been included from the start?

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Bunch of new ports announced

NINTENDO SWITCH

FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® Remastered Edition
Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!™
FINAL FANTASY® VII
FINAL FANTASY® IX
FINAL FANTASY® X / X-2 HD Remaster
FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®
FINAL FANTASY® XV POCKET EDITION HD
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA

XBOX ONE

FINAL FANTASY® VII
FINAL FANTASY® IX

PLAYSTATION®4 SYSTEM

PC

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Bunch of new ports announced

NINTENDO SWITCH

FINAL FANTASY® VII
FINAL FANTASY® IX

XBOX ONE

FINAL FANTASY® VII
FINAL FANTASY® IX

Looks like another infusion of cash to feed the FF7 remake beast.

Porting over dumb mobile games to PS4 is… odd?

XBox gets some good games – the new FFIX is amazing, FFXII is superb until the final boss, and the X/X-2 was supposed to be decent but may be a bit dated now?

Big winner is the Switch. For a console that's starving for games, this is a welcome addition to the library.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I assume the XV Pocket ports must have just been incredibly easy to make, just copy and pasting. I don't see them being worth much effort whatsoever. Tho I think there's a pretty big contingent of younger players that love the FFXV universe.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wanted to like WoFF and wouldn't mind an excuse to finally finish it on PS4, but the Maxima upgrade sounds just as overpriced as all the other shameless cashgrab DLC they put out for it.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Okay what is this FF15 pocket shit... its like 15$ on sale on Nintendo store and I skipped it on ps4 etc... I still see its action combat so that kinda sucks.

Is the story redeeming enough to go through it in this...ummm? Lower graphic form?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Okay what is this FF15 pocket shit... its like 15$ on sale on Nintendo store and I skipped it on ps4 etc... I still see its action combat so that kinda sucks.

Is the story redeeming enough to go through it in this...ummm? Lower graphic form?
Haven't played it but FF15 sounds like they did the FF12 thing and ran out of time to have a proper ending and final boss.

Don't know how right this is but from what I've seen, they have a FF6 style World of Ruin but it's a corridor instead of an epic surprise second game.

Stave

Potato del Grande

Not really. The story was pretty weak in 15. The only thing that really made the game enjoyable was the graphics, exploring the world, and the whole bro road trip theme you got throughout the game. I doubt the mobile version has much any of this.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Up through chapter 8 of FF15 is a great game world but it gives a solid delineation once you head to chapter 9 to finish the story in a linear path. There was plenty of room past that point to expand and even a logical area for a larger post-game that went underutilized. But after 7 years of FFXIII Versus development for a trilogy that never happened they got a deadline to put out a single game in 3 years and the final act suffered as they raced to finish.

Not the first time it's happened to a Square game and won't be the last.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Combat in 15 was pretty repetitive, but overall I liked everything up to Resident Evil-Lite. The ending itself was cool and the final fight was pretty great, but yeah it was so obviously rushed at the end.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I actually have the pocket edition on my phone - it was free when I downloaded it.

It's ok, it's not very complicated but the graphics are pretty cool for a phone game. I wouldn't pay $15 for it - at that price I'd buy the real game.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Nier Automata and XV are on sale this weekend and not sure which to get.

Wat do

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm holding off on XV until I can buy all the DLC for cheap... Complete edition in 2020 I'm hoping, since they said the 2019 DLC will be the last DLC.

Long wait but meh. I don't want to support that kind of business model too much, they released an unfinished game just so they could make more off of DLC... BS IMO.

• 1Like