The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this idiot actually defending 8? That's the only FF game I started but never finished. It was melodramatic drivel with that hunk of shit 'junction' system. After the success of 7 they went too far up their own asses thinking they could do no wrong.

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
The draw system is what completely ruined that game. Having 1 of a spell to upgrade stats wouldn't have been that bad, but 99 of certain spells maxed out everything.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The draw system is what completely ruined that game. Having 1 of a spell to upgrade stats wouldn't have been that bad, but 99 of certain spells maxed out everything.
Flawed as it is, I'd rather have that than what FF9 has - which is nothing.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I liked the setting of 9 but the combat was very boring. And having to equip shitty weapons/armor to get abilites was annoying at times.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I liked the setting of 9 but the combat was very boring. And having to equip shitty weapons/armor to get abilites was annoying at times.
Also having several party members leave for extended periods of time or join very late and having to grind all the abilities they missed via useless weapons/armour, or more likely just stop using those characters.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Is this idiot actually defending 8? That's the only FF game I started but never finished. It was melodramatic drivel with that hunk of shit 'junction' system. After the success of 7 they went too far up their own asses thinking they could do no wrong.
You also fuck dudes dressed as chicks in the butt, so yea...

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Also having several party members leave for extended periods of time or join very late and having to grind all the abilities they missed via useless weapons/armour, or more likely just stop using those characters.

Playing through it on a re-release version isn't near as painful with the speed up feature. You can also basically cheat at Chocobo Hot & Cold with it as well, since you move/peck insanely fast but the countdown timer moves at normal speed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I gauge how much I like old FF games based on how much I remember, and typically they're games I've.played and beaten once and not revisited. 6 I remember start to finish nearly 100%. I could do a blind playthrough today and know where to go. 7 I remember nearly everything, most bosses and locations.

8 I can't remember anything except the first boss fight with the teacher, and randomoy going through the sewers of the city. I for.some reason remember the Cerberus fight too. That's it..

If anyone wanted to play the competition to FF at the time, check out phantasy star 1-4. Underrated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fuck the junction system. The best feature of FF8 is how it triggers sensitive FF fanboys 20 years after release.

Person 1: "I like FF8"
Persons 2-5"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACCCHHHkkkkTUALLY"

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wut, no it doesn't. Who?
Vivi and Quina get married at the Dwarf Town.

Qunia: "I... so happy"

Zidane and Garnet also get married but he spends that night teaching Vivi how to masturbate instead at Madain Sari.

I'm not fucking joking.

vivi_and_zidane_take_a_piss_by_nottig.jpg

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Vivi and Quina get married at the Dwarf Town.

Qunia: "I... so happy"

Zidane and Garnet also get married but he spends that night teaching Vivi how to masturbate instead at Madain Sari.

I'm not fucking joking.

vivi_and_zidane_take_a_piss_by_nottig.jpg

Thought that marriage thing was more of a joke option for that part of the game where you needed to to get through an area.