The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Original Story for 12 sounded better then that clusterfuck they made under 4months they call 12..

Restore Basch's Honor -> Ashe still fakes her death, but it's all a cover up to try and hide her from Vayne, Balthier is the MC hahaha which is sad when he keeps saying "I'm the leading man."(there is still tidbits of code in the original XII/IZJS disc's, sadly all of it has been removed from the ZJS version they recently released)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The FF12 post-ending scene with the adult character designs was the biggest F U they could have to that game. Balthier and Fran should have been the MCs from the start but they shoehorned Vaan and Penelo into it as worthless kids and then teased a better version of the B-team during the finale? Screw you devs, that's on top of the standard for all Square games being rushed to completion and not fully fleshed out for the last 30% in order to make launch date.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Shitty story or not, ff12 still had my favorite gameplay and setting of the entire series. Not to mention the hunts and license board kept it fresh.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The 1 thing I really liked about it is that it was based off Vagrant Story, and the FF Gameboy games, XI had tie in's into XII as well as 14 has tie in's to 12(same world), even though they changed Ashe and Rassler.. wtf her brother ? I'm hoping will run into Balthier in Sb..

Chris

Potato del Grande
Starwars tlj and tfa sold a crap ton, so?
TFA was decent on its own. TLJ was so bad it destroyed the next movie's box office and made TFA bad.

That didn't happen with FF8, there was a higher selling game after it.

The 1 thing I really liked about it is that it was based off Vagrant Story, and the FF Gameboy games, XI had tie in's into XII as well as 14 has tie in's to 12(same world), even though they changed Ashe and Rassler.. wtf her brother ? I'm hoping will run into Balthier in Sb..

That's not right. Yes, FF12 is the same world as Vagrant Story and FFT, just hundreds of years before. It doesn't tie into the other games though, it barely ties into FFT even.

FF14 is just full of references, the FF12 dungeon is a mashup of FF12 and FFT that makes no sense in the timeline of FF12.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

TFA was decent on its own. TLJ was so bad it destroyed the next movie's box office and made TFA bad.

That didn't happen with FF8, there was a higher selling game after it.

That's not right. Yes, FF12 is the same world as Vagrant Story and FFT, just hundreds of years before. It doesn't tie into the other games though, it barely ties into FFT even.

FF14 is just full of references, the FF12 dungeon is a mashup of FF12 and FFT that makes no sense in the timeline of FF12.

TFA was before TLJ and I am sure ROTSW is going to make more than TLJ.

It will make money because it is a main line star wars title- like any main title FinalFantasy will...

Both arguably have better "side" productions that were / are better than the main line offerings. I consider Brave Default better than many of the recent FF games as I consider Rogue One better than TLJ - heck even Solo was better than TLJ.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

• 1Faggotry

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
A failure of a production studio teaming up with a failure of a game developer.

I’m sure it will be fantastic

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

The Expanse was great, and looked great considering its budget. It failed because Sci-Fi (fuck that syfy bullshit) has and always will be idiots.

But yeah, there's no way that a live action FF is ever going to be good.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
probably just for the FMV's ? I'm guessing(I could understand some voice acting during some parts but not the whole game)

Chris

Potato del Grande
probably just for the FMV's ? I'm guessing(I could understand some voice acting during some parts but not the whole game)
From memory, the FMVs don't have any dialouge. Probabily specifically designed that way to keep subtitles off the screen.

There are ingame gameplay/FMV hybrids which had dialouge, but they were fairly rare so it would be weird to have voice acting just for those bits.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

Leaked footage of the live action ff14 series

30C1A9DA-A662-4423-9735-7FC95AF3FF3B.gif

D66682EC-7CF8-4A4E-8B54-BD5F91AE399B.gif

58EFC81E-3D40-4F0F-AB12-83D8D0EA3881.gif

7B63022C-5508-4AC7-A0E3-46D9BF518326.gif

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If I remember there was some background noise they used as a sorta "voice" channel, mainly used in Gardens/Cities.(Too make them seem busy.)

Adding dialogue to the FMV's is more believable now that they are up-scaling the actual videos, subtitles won't be such a big deal, but them voicing the whole game it's coming this year, not 2025.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think any games had voiceovers until FFX
That's true. I was talking about text dialogue in FF8 FMVs.

I think they'll just voice act the main story, I don't think any game has full voice acting with all side NPCs, FFX/FF12/FF14 at least don't.

They could just be doing a Japanese version of Eyes on Me lol.

I will buy this game for a third time for voice acting as long as it's decent. Whatever...

Siliconemelons

FF8 is not worth any effort or money... but it's sqweenix and they are retarded so it makes perfect sense they are going to push some $ at 8

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
FF8 is not worth any effort or money... but it's sqweenix and they are retarded so it makes perfect sense they are going to push some $ at 8

8 really allows my autism to soar. I don’t know what you are talking about

Fadaar

That guy
The Expanse was great, and looked great considering its budget. It failed because Sci-Fi (fuck that syfy bullshit) has and always will be idiots.

But yeah, there's no way that a live action FF is ever going to be good.

Won't say this often but thank god for Jeff Bezos.

Also 8 had the best airship and it's so much fun to break the game. Get Enc-None and Card Mod as early as possible and just enjoy the cheese.