The Flash (2023)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
69.9 is not over 70%, but alright. let me restate. no super hero movie has ever fallen more than 75% in the box office on its second weekend. see, i put your OCD back on snooze
Thanks, you da real MVP

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Me: "How about they add a post-credits scene to the superhero movie to set up future events?"

Ossoi: "picard"
an after credit scene wasnt enough to save Black Adam. they already thought of that and you cant cast new stars in just a few months. they still havent picked the new Superman yet. new WW, Bats and Aquaman not even considered yet. Mad Goose Wizard will still be Flash though because he is a special snowflake who uses pronouns to describe himself.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is it really so hard a point to understand that having a couple months to know exactly how you're going to shape 10 years of films and cast for them is maybe too much of an ask?

Not ten years of films, just whatever they've already got cast / in the pipeline. I assume they've got the major players cast already for the new universe? Hell, just Batman and Blue Beetle showing up in the new 'verse created by Flash's meddling. Anything they could cram into a post-credits scene that'd make sense.

These people are paid millions of dollars, I'm certain they could have added something to connect the Snyder DCU and Gunn DCU rather than just letting the current verse be a lame duck session.

Imagine if Marvel recast their entire lineup for future movies and didn't use their current multiverse storyline as an opportunity to set it up in some way.

Chukzombi Chukzombi Oh, they haven't cast anybody? Well, bleh then. So they're keeping the one guy who is a walking dumpster fire?

DickTrickle

Not ten years of films, just whatever they've already got cast / in the pipeline. I assume they've got the major players cast already for the new universe? Hell, just Batman and Blue Beetle showing up in the new 'verse created by Flash's meddling. Anything they could cram into a post-credits scene that'd make sense.

These people are paid millions of dollars, I'm certain they could have added something to connect the Snyder DCU and Gunn DCU rather than just letting the current verse be a lame duck session.

Imagine if Marvel recast their entire lineup for future movies and didn't use their current multiverse storyline as an opportunity to set it up in some way.
They haven't finished casting the major roles even now. I'm pretty sure they don't have a Batman because the Pattinson Batman is a different thing for now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its fucking catastrophic.

Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Returns to No. 1 as ‘The Flash’ Collapses By 73% and Jennifer Lawrence’s ‘No Hard Feelings’ Opens to $15 Million​

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pattinson Batman being a different thing, Joker being a different thing... they stumble upon anything that actually WORKS and they make sure to completely separate it from their cinematic universe.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pattinson Batman being a different thing, Joker being a different thing... they stumble upon anything that actually WORKS and they make sure to completely separate it from their cinematic universe.
Pattinson Batman, Phoenix Joker and soon to be Gaga Harley Quinn all did well because it was a non serialized take on the franchise. what they are doing now with this Multiverse shit is going to take the entire genre down. if you can pluck a new Batman or Superman, Dr Strange or Gamora from it. then who the fuck cares if anyone dies?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Re: Ezra Miller cutting a promo on The Klan - Sometimes I get the impression that a lot of these young people are just hearing about The Klan for the first time and think all of that stuff is going on NOW.

Like, on college campuses in the late 2010's... "Guys! Guys! Have you heard about... the Klan? Somebody should do something!"

At the same time 200,000 cartel members and organized gangs smuggle in enough drugs to kill everyone in America once a month.

Thank God we have Ezra Miller to stand up to the Klan though. Guy probably thinks Pride Month is a celebration of him.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Me: "How about they add a post-credits scene to the superhero movie to set up future events?"

Ossoi: "picard"

I explained it already but you just repeated yourself. Hence the Picard.

So annoying that I get called an autist just for correcting people that double and triple down.

But by all means explain how Gunn taking over creative control in q4 2022 was sufficient time to cast, plot and decide on all future elements of an entire cinematic universe and shoot a coherent setup post credit scene for a movie already finished with a q2 2023 release date

Edit: when even Chukzombi Chukzombi gets it then clearly the Picard was warranted

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Post credits scene.

Slide a post credits scene in that shows the end result of Flash's meddling, introduce the new characters hanging out in Justice League HQ or something. A bit similar to what Marvel does with multiverse crap, sure.

Better than having the movie be 100% pointless and have no effect on anything. An origin story that should have come out in 2013, not 2023.
You don't get it. The point is to burn down everything that came before and completely distance the new Gunn DCU from any of this. Why the fuck would he want to attach it to his new thing, and worse still, attach it by only keeping the most toxic element (pedo groomer tranny Ezra Miller)
Is it really so hard a point to understand that having a couple months to know exactly how you're going to shape 10 years of films and cast for them is maybe too much of an ask?
exactly

Chukzombi Chukzombi Oh, they haven't cast anybody? Well, bleh then. So they're keeping the one guy who is a walking dumpster fire?
they have absolutely nobody cast yet.

I can't fucking believe i'm going to have to back up Ossoi here but jesus fuck. He just took over late last year, this movie has been in production for like 6 years. The only thing he could do was replace the end scene cameo with a fuck you cameo with George Clooney batnipples to 100% confirm this shit is flushed down the toilet and none of it matters.

Again. The point is to erase all of this shit, not string it along and attach it to his new creation. Why the fuck would he want to attach 900lbs of crazy garbage issues to his brand new venture?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You don't get it. The point is to burn down everything that came before and completely distance the new Gunn DCU from any of this. Why the fuck would he want to attach it to his new thing, and worse still, attach it by only keeping the most toxic element (pedo groomer tranny Ezra Miller)

exactly

they have absolutely nobody cast yet.

I can't fucking believe i'm going to have to back up Ossoi here but jesus fuck. He just took over late last year, this movie has been in production for like 6 years. The only thing he could do was replace the end scene cameo with a fuck you cameo with George Clooney batnipples to 100% confirm this shit is flushed down the toilet and none of it matters.

Again. The point is to erase all of this shit, not string it along and attach it to his new creation. Why the fuck would he want to attach 900lbs of crazy garbage issues to his brand new venture?

Wait, there was actually a Clooney Batman scene? I thought that was just an internet joke.

Well, all of this proves that I probably shouldn't speak too much about things I haven't actually seen and haven't been adequately keeping up with.

I guess it makes sense to completely distance Gunn DCU from Snyder DCU and just eat their losses. I come from a school of thought where it's much better to build off of what's established, if what's established is popular. Cavill as Supes, Gadot as WW, Momoa as Aquaman, all quite popular, all could hang with Marvel's big names if they were given something to work with.

I doubt the Gunnverse is going to be better, or have better casting, than what we already had. If I were him I would have built off of it. Maybe I'll end up being totally wrong, but I don't expect DC to really capture a piece of the cultural zeitgeist (or even turn a profit) again for a while unless they roar out of the gates with an Iron Man equivalent. Somehow I feel Blue Beetle ain't it. Then again, turning obscure characters into stars is a Gunn specialty. So again I could be wrong here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait, there was actually a Clooney Batman scene? I thought that was just an internet joke.

Well, all of this proves that I probably shouldn't speak too much about things I haven't actually seen and haven't been adequately keeping up with.

I guess it makes sense to completely distance Gunn DCU from Snyder DCU and just eat their losses. I come from a school of thought where it's much better to build off of what's established, if what's established is popular. Cavill as Supes, Gadot as WW, Momoa as Aquaman, all quite popular, all could hang with Marvel's big names if they were given something to work with.

I doubt the Gunnverse is going to be better, or have better casting, than what we already had. If I were him I would have built off of it. Maybe I'll end up being totally wrong, but I don't expect DC to really capture a piece of the cultural zeitgeist (or even turn a profit) again for a while unless they roar out of the gates with an Iron Man equivalent. Somehow I feel Blue Beetle ain't it. Then again, turning obscure characters into stars is a Gunn specialty. So again I could be wrong here.
WB has an excellent casting team. even the Harry Potter franchise they knocked it the fuck out of the park. well except for Harry, i think they could have kept looking a little bit longer for a better pick. but it takes a LONG time to get that shit down. like a year and its not always perfect even then. now that they inserted woke in everything, its gonna take even longer to find somebody that ticks all the required boxes. forget the casting. and yes George Clooney Batman showed up. in civvies. it looked like a Nespresso commercial too.
iu

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

yes there is even a nicholas cage superman fighting a giant spider in act 3 cameo scene (this is a jon peters joke from the kevin smith script of batman lives that never got made).

If you had watched this movie (not that I recommend that you do, it was trash thanks entirely to ezra miller) you would recognize this for what it was, a fan service send off/eulogy for the snyderverse/DCEU. It was a "nail in the coffin, put a ribbon around it and wrap it up cus this shit is over with" movie. What's even more hilarious is for some reason they released this one before Aquaman 2 which just adds to the confusion. since that movie is also part of the closed chapter of the DCEU/DCU and has no bearing on anything.

I can't say for sure what the Gunn universe will do or not but I'll point out you are mistaken on what the Snyderverse/DCU did before hand. none of them were any good, captured any cultural zeitgeist, nor did they ever turn a profit.

Actually I take that back, I think Aquaman turned a profit mostly due to overseas revenue. Everything else DC has been a dumpster fire since Nolan's batman trilogy. The only exception is the art film Joker which is not snyderverse/nothing to do with DCEU.

So while you may have liked the movies or thought they had potential or whatever the best bet would be to dumpster fire any semblance of connection to them, wait a few years and start fresh hoping the stink has worn off.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't say for sure what the Gunn universe will do or not but I'll point out you are mistaken on what the Snyderverse/DCU did before hand. none of them were any good, captured any cultural zeitgeist, nor did they ever turn a profit.

Actually I take that back, I think Aquaman turned a profit mostly due to overseas revenue. Everything else DC has been a dumpster fire since Nolan's batman trilogy. The only exception is the art film Joker which is not snyderverse/nothing to do with DCEU.

So while you may have liked the movies or thought they had potential or whatever the best bet would be to dumpster fire any semblance of connection to them, wait a few years and start fresh hoping the stink has worn off.

Checked for bias. It didn't just turn a profit. Aquaman was a blockbuster.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Checked for bias. It didn't just turn a profit. Aquaman was a blockbuster.
Yeah, Aquaman is the number nine all-time grossing comic book movie. It also had a budget that was more reasonable than some of these recent CBMs. There's no way to slice it where it wasn't a resounding success.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, Aquaman is the number nine all-time grossing comic book movie. It also had a budget that was more reasonable than some of these recent CBMs. There's no way to slice it where it wasn't a resounding success.
Jason Momoa is a maori gigachad. His RL superpower is making panties disintegrate.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's just been some autistic interest since I was a kid. I'd go to the library and check out microfilm of older newspapers to find box office reports from movies in the '70s and '80s.

Don't try to steal my gimmick.

I am not autistic.

• 1Tiresome