The Flash (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm hoping the people at WB are comfortable embracing the "these are all dead end write offs" approach to the remaining movies until Gunn's first one since.. well..

That is catastrophic on possibly a historical level...
some farfetched claims were saying 70% the other day, then i started seeing 75% drop, which is already fucking catastrophic. an 81% drop will be off the charts . no superhero movie has ever dropped over 70% before in its second weekend. 81% is something that will rock the entire industry and genre. and they got another DOA film slotted later with AM2. Amber Heard is so hot, but poop girl is super toxic. Mamoa cant get the ladies wet enough for them to forgive what she did to Depp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Are we finally at a saturation point with all this super hero crap?

Having comics dominate the screen was a childhood dream of mine, but I can’t be bothered to watch or enjoy any of it over the past couple years for some reason. It all comes across as lazy regurgitated bullshit mixed in with some retarded social message.
That's because it is all lazy regurgitated bullshit mixed in with some retarded social message. Both Disney and WB are infested top to bottom with woke shitheads shoveling out garbage. It's almost as if go woke, go broke wasn't just a snazzy catchphrase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
TFW you take a movie thread so seriously that you wish someone would kill themselves because they disagree with you...

30 rock rage GIF
Our chubby dogfucking autist has that magical effect on everyone sooner or later.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hoping the people at WB are comfortable embracing the "these are all dead end write offs" approach to the remaining movies until Gunn's first one since.. well..

That is catastrophic on possibly a historical level...

They need to pull it from theaters immediately if possible. It was a mistake to give it wide distribution. Even 2,000 out of 4,000 would be overkill. Nobody wants to see it, at all.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
its a major major fuckup to say the DCEU and everyone you associated with it is dead when over half a billion dollars worth of movies are about to be released. then he announced projects that involve his buddies and wife. Gunn is a big dummy. i hope all of this fails.

It would have been SO SIMPLE to use the time-travel component of Flash to re-cast everyone while preserving some level of continuity and making the current crop of movies still matter.

"We're gonna reset everything soon but we'll have the reset begin in this movie" would have instantly made it not just relevant, but extremely relevant.

Have the new future post-Flash-meddling have the new actors in place, etc. Aquaman being exempt for whatever reason. Is Aquaman 2 even gonna be canon in the new DCU?

I've never seen a more incompetent debacle in the handling of a massive entertainment IP, and I've seen IP-bungling that makes prison rapes seem graceful.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gunn greenlighiting only his friends and buddies and girlfriend's projects isn't building any goodwill for Butt Beatles or whatever he's putting together.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It would have been SO SIMPLE to use the time-travel component of Flash to re-cast everyone while preserving some level of continuity and making the current crop of movies still matter.

"We're gonna reset everything soon but we'll have the reset begin in this movie" would have instantly made it not just relevant, but extremely relevant.

Have the new future post-Flash-meddling have the new actors in place, etc. Aquaman being exempt for whatever reason. Is Aquaman 2 even gonna be canon in the new DCU?

I've never seen a more incompetent debacle in the handling of a massive entertainment IP, and I've seen IP-bungling that makes prison rapes seem graceful.
no, Aquaman is getting recast as well. Gunn said that Mamoa is going to be put in another role. many are speculating he will be Lobo.
iu

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It would have been SO SIMPLE to use the time-travel component of Flash to re-cast everyone

as mentioned earlier. The Clooney cameo was only approved in January 23. Gunn was hired late 22. The movie was already in production for several years prior. That's one quarter at best to come up with new cameos and a plot that seamlessly connects two separate DC universes, lol

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gunn greenlighiting only his friends and buddies and girlfriend's projects isn't building any goodwill for Butt Beatles or whatever he's putting together.
His girlfriend is pretty hot though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
as mentioned earlier. The Clooney cameo was only approved in January 23. Gunn was hired late 22. The movie was already in production for several years prior. That's one quarter at best to come up with new cameos and a plot that seamlessly connects two separate DC universes, lol

Post credits scene.

Slide a post credits scene in that shows the end result of Flash's meddling, introduce the new characters hanging out in Justice League HQ or something. A bit similar to what Marvel does with multiverse crap, sure.

Better than having the movie be 100% pointless and have no effect on anything. An origin story that should have come out in 2013, not 2023.

• 1Picard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
some farfetched claims were saying 70% the other day, then i started seeing 75% drop, which is already fucking catastrophic. an 81% drop will be off the charts . no superhero movie has ever dropped over 70% before in its second weekend. 81% is something that will rock the entire industry and genre. and they got another DOA film slotted later with AM2. Amber Heard is so hot, but poop girl is super toxic. Mamoa cant get the ladies wet enough for them to forgive what she did to Depp.
As usual, you're off with your box office knowledge.

Multiple superhero films have had 70% drops. Morbius, Dark Phoenix, suicide squad, quantum mania at 69.9. All shit films but not totally unprecedented.

It's also probably not going to be 81% because a Friday to Friday drop is almost always the largest because of previews on Thursday of release day skewing things. It will still be terrible but it won't rock the industry, lol. There's been plenty of bombs.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Me: "How about they add a post-credits scene to the superhero movie to set up future events?"

Ossoi: "picard"

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Me: "How about they add a post-credits scene to the superhero movie to set up future events?"

Ossoi: "picard"
Is it really so hard a point to understand that having a couple months to know exactly how you're going to shape 10 years of films and cast for them is maybe too much of an ask?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As usual, you're off with your box office knowledge.

Multiple superhero films have had 70% drops. Morbius, Dark Phoenix, suicide squad, quantum mania at 69.9. All shit films but not totally unprecedented.

It's also probably not going to be 81% because a Friday to Friday drop is almost always the largest because of previews on Thursday of release day. It will still be terrible but it won't rock the industry, lol. There's been plenty of bombs.
69.9 is not over 70%, but alright. let me restate. no super hero movie has ever fallen more than 75% in the box office on its second weekend. see, i put your OCD back on snooze