The Flash

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Clearly it isn't entirely based on it, since it says he needs to wear the suit to use his abilities, and he clearly doesn't need the suit to vibrate his hand to Temple of Doom Cisco.

Point being, until they say, we're all just speculating, and none of us really "know" what the truth is.
this is true, but thawne has flash's ring, his computer and his suit. if they arent doing the time capsule/museum thing, then how did thawne get those things?

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I may feel sick in the morning tomorrow but I'm going to have to agree with Chuk, I always felt like Gideon was from the future with Thawn/zoom/RF as opposed to 2024. I'm guessing Barry created it at some point but the AI seems way more knowledgeable than just 2024. I also thought RF with Flash's ring as well.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
this is true, but thawne has flash's ring, his computer and his suit. if they arent doing the time capsule/museum thing, then how did thawne get those things?
We know he traveled top 2024 because he was fighting flash and everyone else there. He could have gotten any of them while he was there

Corvid_sl

shitlord
So Eobard Thawne has no powers unless he's wearing the Reverse Flash suit? So maybe Barry will just figure this out and separate Thawne from his suit? Maybe keep using him in future episodes for knowledge, like an imprisoned Hannibal Lecter type. I'd hate to see Tom Cavanagh leave the show. He's been so good in it all season.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
We've seen him superspeed without the suit, and he can do the hand vibration without the suit.
Well, I was going by what was previously said about his character from the comics and thought it translated to the show's character. So, how does that make sense then? Isn't he doing all this because his suit lost it's power?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, I was going by what was previously said about his character from the comics and thought it translated to the show's character. So, how does that make sense then? Isn't he doing all this because his suit lost it's power?
I think he needs the Flash's ability to access the speed force to charge the suit to time travel back to his time. That is why he is trying to get the Flash to his full power.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My guess would be, if they ever go into detail as to why he was stranded, that it's something to do with the speed force being too weak. Like, without Barry becoming the flash and giving the speed force a workout, it didn't have enough power for Thawne to be able to travel time again, or even consistently maintain his super speed.

Mostly pulling that out of my ass.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Being a speedster and tapping into the speedforce aren't the same thing. Mostly what Gavinmad said.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
In the episode where he bodysnatched Wells he specifically said his wife had been dead for centuries to him. So yeah, he's from at least a couple hundred years in the future.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm also with the theory that the suit, ring, and Gideon all came from the 24th and a half century with Duck Dodgers/Thawn. Gideon was originally created by Barry and survived/evolved/was upgraded in the Flash Museum which was raided by Eobard. Alternatively, the pedestal and bracelet are just access terminals and Gideon is still in the future using a chrono-net of some kind for communication. This also explains why Gideon would have a legacy/backdoor for Barry to have root.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not the Flash's ring because we've never seen the Flash with it. You guys are once more inferring conclusions from the comics, which this series only borrows from.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we seem to have some contention that unless we have in show exposition then it didnt happen.

ok this is stuff that happened in the show.

thawne as wells told cisco before he killed him in the alt timeline that hes been dead hundreds of years

thawne goes back in time from x to kill yoiung barry, realizes that he cant do it. gets mad kills his mom and then life leeches the real wells to take his identity and jumpstart the particle accelerator which was due to go online in 2020

thawne has an extremely advanced holographic computer which has the newspaper headline from 4/25/24. its also a computer that barry allen built.

thawne has a yellow flash suit like the one comic book thawn has in the 25 century

thawne has a suit that he needs in order to return to his timeline, a suit that works similarly to the one 25th century thawne has in the comics

thawne has a flash ring

is there anything that suggests that thawne is not from the 25th century?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you retarded? When did I ever say that Thawne isn't from hundreds of years in the future. Also, we don't really know why Thawne couldn't kill young Barry. It could easily be as simple as he was physically incapable because older Barry saved young Barry, not because he was worried about a paradox backlash.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think anyone's said that Thawne wasn't from the 25th century.

All he's saying is that the shows change a lot of things from the comics so you shouldn't assume things are going to be exactly the same.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
My old question remains... where is the future flash that fought reverse flash when Barry's mom died... where did he run off to?

Caliane

Barry building Gideon is a bit weird. Building AI is not his wheel house at all.. so yeah. hard to say exactly where they are going with that.

One thing that might help here is to point out, Reverse flash is a long time Flash villian.
Meaning, Thawne did not go from the year 2525 back to 1998(whenever) to kill Barry's mom.
Thawne went from the year 2525 back to the year 2024 to fight an adult Flash.(and possibly the original element of him being a huge Flash fan) After years of fighting The Flash, then THEN went back to kill his mom.

And yes, Flash point did have that whole "speedforce sharing" deal. So its possible he does need Barry to tap into it, pull more speedforce into the world.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
It's not the Flash's ring because we've never seen the Flash with it. You guys are once more inferring conclusions from the comics, which this series only borrows from.
Well it's certainly not a legion flight ring or lantern ring, why else show him fiddling with it. If he's from the future I don't see any other explanation.