The Good Place

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That VR system was pretty sweet. And I enjoyed the episode. Even though it just started off some random time after the last episode ended.

Donkey Doug!

Cybsled

Getting back to the Simone being an angel theory, the "see you in the next life" to Chidi after they broke up seems like it might have some deeper meaning.

spronk

FPS noob
but shouldn't Janet know that about her...

i really liked that last episode, everything about Jason's life is both unsurprising and absolutely hilarious

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This season is excellent. I'm really enjoying it. And still, Kristen Bell is so fucking hot, even when dressed down.

Cybsled

This episode was pretty good. Bad Ass Janet was pretty lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
This show is weird.

I started watching it and despised it. I thought it was condescending garbage. But kept watching it because for some reason I really do like Ted Danson (I liked Becker, fuck you the rest of the world) and... Kristen Bell is stupid hot. So I just put aside the disgust and cherry picked out the good bits. And I started to like the Janet character well enough.

Then we hit the end of season 1 and I was repudiated. All that simmering disgust was intentional. They tricked me. I absolutely did not expect that sort of writing in network television.

This show made me laugh at myself. That is a very hard thing to accomplish. It's easy to make charicitures and get us to laugh at other people, or aspects of society... but to get you to laugh at yourself...

Surprisingly good.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They changed the story yet again. It's evolved. Now the objective is to figure out how the rating system works, and if they can change it for the better.

Michael is the worst demon ever. He doesn't do anything evil ever.

Ladro

Anomaly
Ninja Janet was the best. This season has definitely been good and for a show that honestly probably had a single season shelf life, it's kept things very interesting. Worth watching.

Cybsled

I think the show direction will be trying to figure out what Shawn meant by everyone going to the Bad Place. It will probably end up being like South Park the movie where heaven has barely anyone in it and hell has the rest, because of stupidly high standards or because the bad place basically has rigged the whole system to benefit itself. It was somewhat telling that all the demons + Bad Janet showed up so soon after Shawn got kicked through the Judge's door.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I think the show direction will be trying to figure out what Shawn meant by everyone going to the Bad Place. It will probably end up being like South Park the movie where heaven has barely anyone in it and hell has the rest, because of stupidly high standards or because the bad place basically has rigged the whole system to benefit itself. It was somewhat telling that all the demons + Bad Janet showed up so soon after Shawn got kicked through the Judge's door.

Also, they said Doug was going to the Bad Place anyway...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Anytime Michael McKean shows up you know her in for a treat.

I pegged this particular plot twist awhile back, so at the very least I grok the general thought process of Schur and the writing staff.

iannis

Musty Nester
Read stranger in a strange land. Grok is a hippy concept. It's a real shame it's fallen out of use. It's a great word for the concept. And surprisingly English doesn't have a single word for the concept. It takes a short paragraph at the least to encapsulate "grok" .

I guess it's close enough to understand that it never took root. It is a specific variant of active understanding.

Grok, great word.

Different author, but I also don't hear "kipple" near often enough. Kipple is a modern affliction.

Last edited: