The Good Place

Qhue

Trump's Staff
She is so awesome. Still can't believe she had never actually acted in anything before this show.

Cybsled

Great episode. Too bad the show is on hiatus until January.

Looks like the Good Place post office hasn't been used in some time lol. Interesting that no one has made it in for over 500 years

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If she doesn't get an Emmy nomination out of that I will forking cut a bitch.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Great episode. Too bad the show is on hiatus until January.

Looks like the Good Place post office hasn't been used in some time lol. Interesting that no one has made it in for over 500 years

...and only 3 new episodes left in the season after the break.

spronk

FPS noob
Just saw the winter break episode, goddamn this show is crushing it. Obviously Janet was freaking amazing as an actress but I really loved how fast and furious the story progression was too - we know somethings really fucked up with the system, and the fact that no one seems to give a shit really says a lot about the world they have built. Also I laughed hard at the Ogg and Thog drawings, it goes hard against christian bible stuff (Adam/Eve, etc) but also saying the good place only started 10k years ago is super weird too. The 3 billion accountants reviewing every line item was great too, a little infinity math thrown in.

I have no idea where the show is going next and I love that.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Here is my theory on what is going on

My guess is The Good Place is to blame for the fucked up system. I think the show gave us a hint with Doug. Doug was willing to subject himself to misery and pain, and allow bad/evil people to take advantage of him, in order to make others happy. Let's expand that on a massive scale. At some point 500 years ago or so, maybe the Good Place decided that they wanted to make the Bad Place happy and they rationalized that everyone should go to the Bad Place because a) if they are bad, they belong there b) if they are truly good, then they should be ok with the idea that their eternal suffering makes others happy (the demons). Since demons are essentially immortal, then maybe they consider their continued happiness to be a much greater good when compared with the virtual flash in the pan lifespan of a human in comparison.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Here is my theory on what is going on

My guess is The Good Place is to blame for the fucked up system. I think the show gave us a hint with Doug. Doug was willing to subject himself to misery and pain, and allow bad/evil people to take advantage of him, in order to make others happy. Let's expand that on a massive scale. At some point 500 years ago or so, maybe the Good Place decided that they wanted to make the Bad Place happy and they rationalized that everyone should go to the Bad Place because a) if they are bad, they belong there b) if they are truly good, then they should be ok with the idea that their eternal suffering makes others happy (the demons). Since demons are essentially immortal, then maybe they consider their continued happiness to be a much greater good when compared with the virtual flash in the pan lifespan of a human in comparison.
If the human afterlife is eternal, the comparative life span doesn't really matter though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just starting this show now on Netflix. Waited to see if it would have a few seasons, since the major networks like to murder things off fast. 2 episodes in so far, and I am in lust with Kristen Bell more than ever, and I would have happily shit in her bushes before.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the final three episodes of season 3 air jan 10/17/24, but the show is moving to thursday nights starting in january.

iannis

Musty Nester
network television. not sure any night is a good night anymore.

Its usually a bad sign when they start to move timeslots though.

But, Big Bang Theory is a thursday show. They're losing that. So I suspect that the move is actually a promotion. Someone thinks that the show is strong enough to fill that slot, or compete against whatever is going into that slot. I think they're both NBC shows.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
BBT is CBS. But this is the final season of it. Young Sheldon is good enough to hold 30 minutes of the hour it shared with BBT, but chances of them finding anything as good to replace their #1 show are low. This is a chance for NBC to push towards making them the top network on Thursdays again, like when they use to have Friends and other good shit there.

• 1Like