The Hobbit

VisualSilence_sl

shitlord
I hadn't realized they were going to make three movies out of this single book, so I was supremely confused when the movie ended and there was still so much more to see. Overall it was still enjoyable to watch after reading the book.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
So now that screenshots requires 5 posts to view, we're getting bot posts in movie threads?

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I didn't know about the knife throwing.
rrr_img_8902.jpg

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Hobbit was an overclocked train-wreck. It was like that most recent Star Trek movie. It was one action scene after another. Even dialogue at time's fit this model. The comedy was oft cringe-worthy and out of place. The voices of the trolls and goblins are awkwardly off character.
People, in RL, defend it by snooting, "Did you read the book?"
Reading the book doesn't matter. If it's bad and in the book, the director should craft it into something good.
Where Lord of the Rings took out material, this one added to make the time mark. It was watered down. It was poorly done.
I liked Bilbo. Gollum was great, deserves a spin-off. I didn't like the pale orc while watching, but his imagery and voice haunts my mind, so kudos to that. The special effects were good enough. I liked how goblins and orcs were more easily discernible, forgiving their design differences from the original movies. I disliked the stark behavioral and costume differences between old and Hobbit trolls.

It could have been great. We would have waited for great. We got forgetably watchable. I have doubts I'll see the second one in theater.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It has occurred to me that this movie makes sense if you look at from a DnD perspective.
I was thinking of it kind of like that the whole time watching it, which did in fact make it more enjoyable for me than it would be as a movie on its own.

Bumbapulos_sl

shitlord
I watched the Hobbit in HFR 3D Imax. I expected more 3D depth but it looked great. Gave me an incredible headache. Naow im reading the book again, last time was 15 years ago.
Some stuff from Samaraillion is woven into the movie .. not all completely made up by Jackson. Go see it..

Ganthil

Trakanon Raider
It's been years since I have read the book. Personally, I will be waiting until all 3 movies are out before I read it again. I have a habit of picking apart a movie if I have ready the book and I'd like to enjoy the movies. Then I'll read the book again and remember all the things they left out or changed.