The House Plants Thread

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
cant recommend the jade plant enough. i have 5-6 that have been with me for nearly 15 years. They are low maintenance, and are nearly foolproof to propagate. It's as easy as pinching off a leaf or stem and putting it in some succulent soil mix (cheap at Lowes/HD.) If you can find someone that has a big plant, they would more than likely not mind giving you a piece of it.

The jades I have are all propagated off of two plants- one 10'x10' monster that was nearly 75 years old, and then another that was smaller but still about 50 years old. They can grow big, it just depends on what type of pot and conditions you put them in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I hope there will be pictures with more than one plant together.
As you request.
rrr_img_131341.jpg

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
An agave that I am having difficulty identifying.
rrr_img_131343.jpg

Crasula ovata that I cut down to try and obtain a bonsai shape. (Either the Gollum or hobbit variety)
rrr_img_131344.jpg

My older Jade of the same variety.
rrr_img_131347.jpg
rrr_img_131349.jpg

Two Adeniums that have been trimmed back awaiting to return from dormancy.
rrr_img_131346.jpg

A philodendron that I am also having trouble identifying.
rrr_img_131350.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Hydroponically grown impatient cuttings courtesy of the UCONN greenhouse. I just moved them to a larger cup due to the advanced root system.
rrr_img_133362.jpg
rrr_img_133363.jpg

Jade plant propagated from a single leaf last spring.
rrr_img_133364.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Is the UCONN greenhouse still that tiny little thing off of Tory Life Science building? Was always disappointed that for having such a big ag program the greenhouse was soo mehhh

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Is the UCONN greenhouse still that tiny little thing off of Tory Life Science building? Was always disappointed that for having such a big ag program the greenhouse was soo mehhh
The UCONN greenhouse has an ephiphite room, three full sized walk in greenhouses, and an outside garden where they have assorted bushes sunflowers and hopps. There is also a cold room for the orchids. I can go there soon and take pictures if anyone is interested.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
New zz plant growth!
rrr_img_133708.jpg

Haworthia
rrr_img_133709.jpg

An interesting flower I found in my yard this morning. I have never seen flowers with green tissues before.
rrr_img_133710.jpg
rrr_img_133711.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I think several cultivars of hellebore have green or greenish petals. I know one house on my walk has almost pure green flowers around it's mailbox. I'm pretty sure they're hellebores. Looks so weird!