The House Plants Thread

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Also I purchased a Japanese Painted Fern the other day. It's looking a bit rough right now from being left in the sun at the store, but once it recovers I will post before and after pictures.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1 of the 2 grapfruit fell off my tree....

Feels-bad-man.jpg

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Purple Passion Vine. The flower.

ir4IUrB.jpg

From afar.

UUMuLdw.jpg

A fertilized flower becomes this wispy airborne seed package.

0hPct0N.jpg

Finally after all this staking and feeding and watering and insect repelling, and time, I see a bud on one of my dahlias.

W7kkvJ1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
AngryGerbil AngryGerbil your Purple Passion Plant looks great! I see you took my advice and moved it outside while the pungent blooms emerged. I am also very surprised to see that it was pollinated, are you going to try and germinate the seeds?

Also, congratulations on your time and effort paying off with the Dahlia flower bud! I look forward to watching the progress.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
My Footed Fern is doing quite well with dozens of new fronds. The smaller rhizomes are finally starting to branch out up and over the side of the hanging basket.

GCKqNB9.jpg

cfF1bnh.jpg

HKYxzaX.jpg

5V0CXWx.jpg

VRLvgo2.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
A baby cactus that I transplanted from the mother about 2 years ago. It looks small but it has actually grown about 50% in size since then.

3cJSb3f.jpg

Jade cuttings

jvsdGxS.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
My Hoya Vine has put out a new growth that is rapidly growing.

tyzO8dj.jpg

• 2Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
The smallest of my Orchids has out performed all of my others in terms of lifetime of blooms as well as size!

3eOhons.jpg

n88OG1d.jpg

I really like this Photo with the quarter cropped out, the lighting was perfect I could not resist

wNq8ZJU.jpg

• 2Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
My Footed Fern is doing quite well with dozens of new fronds. The smaller rhizomes are finally starting to branch out up and over the side of the hanging basket.

GCKqNB9.jpg

cfF1bnh.jpg

HKYxzaX.jpg

5V0CXWx.jpg

VRLvgo2.jpg

Looks great. Had one of those as a house plant recently but it went horribly. Never put out new growth but seemed stable until I went away for 10 days and it never recovered from the lack of water (for about 6 days, I had a contraption that gave it about 4 days of water worth.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Looks great. Had one of those as a house plant recently but it went horribly. Never put out new growth but seemed stable until I went away for 10 days and it never recovered from the lack of water (for about 6 days, I had a contraption that gave it about 4 days of water worth.

Thank you! Ferns like a lot of moisture, especially footed ferns. I mist mine about 3 times a day. Sometimes I will also water the actual soil in the pot every week and a half or when the soil looks dry to keep the humidity up as well.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
my Primrose needed pruning after it had a nasty sunburn. I was worried about it but after some TLC it not only recovered but has started to thrive.

DgapNOw.jpg

Its pretty much the same story with my African violet.

DLTZt8y.jpg

• 2Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I believe this is a Mandevilla plant. I wish the lighting was better so you could see the color is actually cream with a subtle touch of pink throughout the petals.

qPZMdik.jpg

2XPGUDX.jpg

hkaBokX.jpg

• 3Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well this sucks, the other grape fruit fell off my tree. Just stopped growing like the other one.

At least on the bright side the tree is shooting out tons of new growth.

• 2Solidarity

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I bought this hanging basket of Hoya Carnosa today, I was just about to leave when I spotted this out of the corner of my eye. I have been searching all season for another Hoya with no luck until I spotted this beast.
pKfdQqo.jpg

KVWSPJi.jpg

9QOneI7.jpg

WzXaKWt.jpg

• 2Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
The yard is blooming, but they still pale in comparison to the other specimens you guys have posted.

ioIUfIh.jpg

QFvUVpy.jpg

• 3Like