The House Plants Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I wanted to "feed" my compost pile, made mozzarella, dumped the whey in the pile, hopefully now it's balanced and i can set it and forget it again.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Ended up getting, Amazing Creation Stackable Planter Vertical Garden There are a few brands in this size range, this one came w/ a chain that i hang from my Pergola, gonna incorporate the 1in or so pvc pipe in the middle to add worms (i'll figure on the size once i get my hands on it). I have a bait shop a few miles away, they said they have red wigglers, so i'll nab a few from them.

I've been stock piling a few kitchen scraps and eggshells and coffee grinds.

For the potting mix i'll use a mixture of the compost i've been making, peet moss and vermiculite.

I have no idea what i'll plant, maybe i'll just dump a bunch of choy sum(chinese veggie) seeds in there and see if anything sprouts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ended up getting, Amazing Creation Stackable Planter Vertical Garden There are a few brands in this size range, this one came w/ a chain that i hang from my Pergola, gonna incorporate the 1in or so pvc pipe in the middle to add worms (i'll figure on the size once i get my hands on it). I have a bait shop a few miles away, they said they have red wigglers, so i'll nab a few from them.

I've been stock piling a few kitchen scraps and eggshells and coffee grinds.

For the potting mix i'll use a mixture of the compost i've been making, peet moss and vermiculite.

I have no idea what i'll plant, maybe i'll just dump a bunch of choy sum(chinese veggie) seeds in there and see if anything sprouts.

How do you know if American worms will like Chinese food?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Turns out the bait shops in my area don't have red wigglers, i had to get clarification that they were not nitecrawlers, i'll call the nurseys tomorrow, if not i'll amazon em.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Turns out the bait shops in my area don't have red wigglers, i had to get clarification that they were not nitecrawlers, i'll call the nurseys tomorrow, if not i'll amazon em.

Check gas stations. Most gas stations in Indiana have worms from Walt’s Crawlers company, maybe you have something similar.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
PHOTO_20180709_182059.jpg
PHOTO_20180709_183311.jpg

• 3Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I said in /pol that i just dropped some choy sum(chinese veg) on friday, just to see, at first i was trying to plant three seeds per pot, but the seeds are the size of a fucking period. So i just started sprinkling it like salt, now i see that shit is sprouting and i didn't do shit besides just topping off the tube and pouring a quart of water every few days. (directly in the tube theres too many pots to water individually)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
PHOTO_20180809_095843.jpg

The water collects at the bottom and I had the silly idea of getting a pump to bring it to the top, bought a 1$ china pump and holy shit it actually works

• 3Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not a house plant, but have a muscadine planted on a trellis at the end of the house. I guess I'm about to go into the jelly making business for a few. Got bumper crop this year. I got (3) 5 gallon buckets of muscadines off it yesterday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ok I'm tired. 29 jars of muscadine jelly made this morning. Good to go for a while now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So a friend of mine asked me to put a question to you guys and this seems like the best spot for it. He started growing some herbs this summer (parsley, sage, chives and such) and will be bringing them in for the winter. He was looking at grow lights and has pretty much no clue what to get. I was hoping you guys might have some suggestions.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lanx Lanx how did your tower end up doing this year? Did you get any pics past the starting point?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx how did your tower end up doing this year? Did you get any pics past the starting point?
the choy sum grew but no so edible, i also bought a wider baseplate for it so it could hold more water, i pump that drain water into jug to pour on my lawn, i guess it's just a place for the worms to hang out.
IMG_20180929_091312.jpg

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
So a friend of mine asked me to put a question to you guys and this seems like the best spot for it. He started growing some herbs this summer (parsley, sage, chives and such) and will be bringing them in for the winter. He was looking at grow lights and has pretty much no clue what to get. I was hoping you guys might have some suggestions.

I have one of these - Miracle Gro Aerogarden. It's normally used starting with seeds but you could just put the pots on the stand. The light can be adjusted to be much higher than shown and can be programmed to turn on and off automatically at any times you wish. There are probably much more inexpensive ways if he's a do-it-your-selfer, but this is an easy way.

thasdf3.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I have one of these - Miracle Gro Aerogarden. It's normally used starting with seeds but you could just put the pots on the stand. The light can be adjusted to be much higher than shown and can be programmed to turn on and off automatically at any times you wish. There are probably much more inexpensive ways if he's a do-it-your-selfer, but this is an easy way.

View attachment 177409

I also have one of these.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
With the cooler temps coming I cant imagine my Okra will survive much longer. I expect them to be done for by the beginning of November. They really grew the past 2 months.

20180625_092443.jpg

20181012_082050.jpg

20180625_092430.jpg

20181009_092246.jpg

• 3Like