The Incredibles 2 (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Wait. That wasn’t a kid. It was the mom?!? Whose grown son comes into their moms bedroom with a box of pastries in the middle of the night? And the mom gets sullen and refuses to eat? No. And if that little boy was an old lady then...

That’s racist.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i couldn't figure out who was who in that short, i thought it was a fat asian kid and the dad who abandoned him for a white chick finally came back lol

cool thing about this movie, they apparently tossed the previews (kids?) so its a 3 min cast talk about making I2, then the 5 minute weird asian short, then straight into the movie

took along a bunch of kids from relatives and stuff to give the parents some time off, kids loved the movie. I watched I1 last night, I don't think I've actually ever seen the movie and I2 starts off right at the end of I1. I'd give I1 a 6/10 and I2 a 7/10, I enjoyed I2 a little bit more but I don't consider either movie great. Worth a watch if you are a huge Pixar fan I guess or need something to park kids in front of. 94% on RT is crazy. There is a bit of "girls can do anything!" kinda messaging which is whatever, but its not super in your face the entire time and the animation, backgrounds, sound, etc are all fantastic.

There is just no real complexity to the story along the lines of Coco or Up, two pixar movies I think transcend animated movies to become just fantastic movies, period. I2 is a good animated movie but not much more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
no one blinks an eye when an actual panda is explainin asian shit to yous?
4f10ebad35d20525904f775769eae47c.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wait she eats it and her son shows up at the end.

She poops out her own son!?

The dumpling is symbolic for her son because she didn't want him to leave the nest and he grew up and got married.

Not sure if you were being serious about not getting it, lol.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you didn't understand the short, you're honestly probably at least a little retarded.

Movie was definitely better than the first, surprisingly. Only thing wrong was
the villain was pretty obvious, but it didn't negate from the film at all. Just seemed silly they tried to be subtle about it. I'm sure a 12 year old might miss it. Also pretty standard comic book plot line, but done very, very well.
Having literally just become a father myself, and this being the wife and I's first outting since the baby, I probably enjoyed the dad, baby, and family humor a lot more than I would have otherwise. However, it is still very funny of its own merit, and Jack is fucking awesome. Finding Nemo is probably my favorite Pixar film, and I would put this one up near it, just below Wall-E, and above the first Incredibles.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
'Incredibles 2' Delivers Record-Shattering $180 Million Opening Weekend - Box Office Mojo
Disney and Pixar's Incredibles 2 delivered a massive opening weekend debut, not only shattering the previous opening weekend record for an animated film, but finishing with one of the top ten openings of all-time for a film of any genre. Additionally, Warner Bros.'s R-rated comedy Tag debuted in third position while Sony's Superfly fell short of expectations.

With an estimated $180 million, Disney and Pixar's Incredibles 2 topped the previous opening weekend for an animated film set two years ago by Finding Dory with $135 million. On top of that, the film's opening weekend is the eighth largest all-time, topping the $179.1 million opening for 2016's Captain America: Civil War

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah i couldn't figure out who was who in that short, i thought it was a fat asian kid and the dad who abandoned him for a white chick finally came back lol

cool thing about this movie, they apparently tossed the previews (kids?) so its a 3 min cast talk about making I2, then the 5 minute weird asian short, then straight into the movie

took along a bunch of kids from relatives and stuff to give the parents some time off, kids loved the movie. I watched I1 last night, I don't think I've actually ever seen the movie and I2 starts off right at the end of I1. I'd give I1 a 6/10 and I2 a 7/10, I enjoyed I2 a little bit more but I don't consider either movie great. Worth a watch if you are a huge Pixar fan I guess or need something to park kids in front of. 94% on RT is crazy. There is a bit of "girls can do anything!" kinda messaging which is whatever, but its not super in your face the entire time and the animation, backgrounds, sound, etc are all fantastic.

There is just no real complexity to the story along the lines of Coco or Up, two pixar movies I think transcend animated movies to become just fantastic movies, period. I2 is a good animated movie but not much more.

I'll agree on Up being a great movie, but book of life is SUCH a better film that coco.

• 1Dislike

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
If you didn't understand the short, you're honestly probably at least a little retarded.

Agreed with that. I didn't connect at all with the short, but my wife teared up.

As for your spoiler, at one point early on I leaned over to point something out to my 9 year old that I thought might be over his head and he goes "Yeah, its because X is really the bad guy I think." So yeah, pretty obvious even to kids under 12. Enjoyed the film, as others have said, Jack-Jack gets most of the laughs.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they would toss previews on kids movies. My kid starts getting whiny, “when is the movie we came to see starting?”. They just aren’t used to commercials anymore, Netflix, on demand tablets, etc. I would not miss previews either.

Anyways, good movie, I liked it better than the first. The baby and raccoon scene was great. Pretty much all the baby scenes were the best.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Lol my 6 y/o son did the same routine. "When is the INCREDIBLE movie gonna staarrrrt?" Our theater has reserved seats and servers that come to the seats so I told the missus we should arrive 15 minutes after the advertised start time. She'd never been to the theater though and was anxious about it. Naturally, I gave her the "I told you so" look each of the 20 times my son was like "wtf?". It's the little things.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It’s a dumpling that turns into his dad.

The fuck? Listen, you stop commenting on the short, you clearly weren't watching. I think it sucked too, but at least I know that was the mom making the dumplings and dumpling was her kid. Throughout most of it I was hoping we were watching the lady descend into madness.

That musta been your theater. We had previews.

Overall it was a good movie. My only complaints are silly when you realize it's a kids movie. I don't watch very many kids movies. After 12 years I figured they'd come up with a different plot from the original, not just a variation on the same thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was pretty decent, only drawback was the disney grrrl power thing, dunno why they have to keep doing that. still it was a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wow, that was an excellent movie. I loved it. I didn't mind the "girl power" portion because I knew what it was. Damn was that great.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We had a bunch. New Lego Movie, New How to Train your Dragon, new Wreck it Ralph, a live action Disney's Winny the Poo (Christopher Robin). I can't think of any others, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I came here hoping someone had commented on how weird the short was. Not disappointed. I understood it, but god damn, it was weird. I'm pretty sure I heard some kids cry and adults gasp when the mom ate the dumpling child. That was fucked up.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I came here hoping someone had commented on how weird the short was. Not disappointed. I understood it, but god damn, it was weird. I'm pretty sure I heard some kids cry and adults gasp when the mom ate the dumpling child. That was fucked up.

I had to go back and look at all of the other shorts to compare. Going through the list I remember them with nearly 90% accuracy. They were always cute, subtle, small, happy stories, and an expose on the CGI tech that they had developed. This one seemed like a step back and in a different direction. It was a mom and kid coming of age story, but it was pretty dumb and the mother's model looked stupid...#racistpixar.

Siliconemelons

I was confused as fuck going into the short based on the description here... wtf... it was a mom missing her son, not that hard... the lesson was hers, you can't keep your kids forever and if you do "consume" their life you will totally loose them, you eventually have to let them go.

This before a kids movie, that to me of parents are bringing their kids to- thanks pixar!