The Interview - Rogan and Franco attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-Un

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's Hollywood, everyone knows that everyone else is talking shit about them behind their backs.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kim loses points for not having the balls to admit it and simply imitating China's shtick whenever they get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. As far as cancellations if it isn't in my local Regal or Cinemark, it's cancelled. Can sort out the blame after.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just read that article, I don't see where the movie is no longer cancelled. NK says they'll cooperate to research the hack, and denies responsibility.. but no mention that the release is back on. Did I miss something?
Sorry I just assumed everyone browsed reddit. Here is the other article. They are trying to find other avenues to release the movie.

BBC News - Sony North Korea film The Interview

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh, that's not really new news. They've been saying they want it to get out somehow, just been exploring exactly how to do that. One of the CEOs, that girl mentioned in the leak, has said she wanted to release it in theaters. Read that in the articles about George Clooney's petition a few days ago.

SekaiX_sl

shitlord
I hope this hack bankrupts Sony so they would have to sell Spider-Man back to Marvel and we can get the complete MCU har har har!

fris

Vyemm Raider
I hope this hack bankrupts Sony so they would have to sell Spider-Man back to Marvel and we can get the complete MCU har har har!
YES! best possible thing ever

this was going to the only Sony picture i was planning on seeing because of the abominations they've made from marvel content.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude, really?
oh shit.
frown.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
good ole' astrocreep and his knowledge/taste in films

spronk

FPS noob
for anyone in IT this was a pretty interesting read of the timeline for the sony hacks. looks like it was 2-3 groups actually, including a disgruntled employee and the initial intrusion probably came from the laptop of an employee visiting a Thai hotel. some notes from Sony ITers and I thought it was funny that most of the leaked data is apparently stolen from a Sony IT director who had no background in IT and was cross promoted from marketing
CSMastermind comments on BitTorrent Offers Distribute Sony's 'The Interview' Via Its Bundle Service

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The problem with this hack is that Sony's network and file keeping practices were so bad that it could have been anyone who hacked them. The seriously stored passwords in a folder labeled "Password"
What newbs. You don't name your password file "password". They should use "New Text Document (2).txt" like I do.

I laughed pretty hard once I noticed it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know it took me a second for it to set in, but I fucking bust out laughing irl when it did. Never change Astro, never change.
the really sad part is i have seen all the spiderman movies, i even watched the spiderman cartoons on saturday morning TV in the 70s and for the life of me i cant think of the right name, i had to google it just now to see Uncle Ben. fuck me in 5 minutes i will still be thinking of peter's uncle as Uncle Owen. i think im getting early alzheimers.
at least Aunt May i remember as his aunt. i was worried it was Aunt Baru or Auntie Em.
tongue.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The government doesn't move that fast, only script kiddies or bored botnet groups.