The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I like him but wanted to like him more.
That's how I felt too. I enjoyed parts of it, and it's always nice hearing politicians spend some more time trying to explain their position on issues. He really fluffed some of it though, especially when Joe asked him about mass shootings. He mumbled and rambled a bunch, provided a bunch of non answers, then made some lie (based on my 8 seconds of google research) that israel and switzerland have higher gun ownership than the US. He needs to get better at answering questions like that if he's going to stay in politics a while. Although it can't be easy trying to answer questions on such fraught issues.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
then made some lie (based on my 8 seconds of google research) that israel and switzerland have higher gun ownership than the US.
how fucked is your google(or your inability) that what was said wasn't what was supported by search?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You think I google? I have two websites. One for when I don't have a boner (this one), and one for when I'm >20% stiffness. Neither are google.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You think I google? I have two websites. One for when I don't have a boner (this one), and one for when I'm >20% stiffness. Neither are google.
the 3 bitches use bing, siri started to default to google tho, don't know if that stuck.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

game warden talks about how shitty mexicunts are invading cali and setting up illegal gro ops and what they're doing to combat it.

of course joe just says "MAKE WEED LEGAL, DUH"

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like that he harps on that, it's the obvious answer to the problems that Nores brings up and people need to hear it over and over to get it through their fucking heads, the drug war is continuing to hurt America and politicians are huge pussies who won't show leadership and need to be pushed.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Weed already is legal in California but the cartels are still growing it in national forests and shit anyway. I have a friend who is a park ranger in the back country and he says they run into it all the time.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Weed already is legal in California but the cartels are still growing it in national forests and shit anyway. I have a friend who is a park ranger in the back country and he says they run into it all the time.
Yeah that's what the whole podcast was about. Demand in the rest of the country is driving the black market in California, where growing is now a misdemeanor, and these cartels are fucking up the land and hurting/killing people over it. Legalization worked for California, but for the rest of the country it just changed the source of the drug smuggling and violence.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah that's what the whole podcast was about. Demand in the rest of the country is driving the black market in California, where growing is now a misdemeanor, and these cartels are fucking up the land and hurting/killing people over it. Legalization worked for California, but for the rest of the country it just changed the source of the drug smuggling and violence.

Which is actually kind of funny.

We will kill them with their own progressiveness.

I agree that it should be legal in all 50. But you know there are some factions intentionally resisting it just to hobble californiduh.

Honestly the way out of that trap for california is busting mexican heads. But for some reason they've gone the exact opposite direction. Gettin high on their own supply, I guess. Fighting a drug war in columbia is a much different creature than regulating agriculture/land in your own state.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tell your friend to listen to that podcast then

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Jon Carmack on yesterday. I may go back to it but I had to stop with Rogan fanboying out over Quake. "Hey remember this guy who played Quake?" "Yeah, yeah Joe I remember".

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Jon Carmack on yesterday. I may go back to it but I had to stop with Rogan fanboying out over Quake. "Hey remember this guy who played Quake?" "Yeah, yeah Joe I remember".

It is very little of this. It is almost exclusively Carmack talking. Rogan is such a fanboy that he just shut the fuck up besides asking questions.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I like hearing Joe's opinion on things, but for this podcast it was really nice to just hear a genius answer Joe's questions with as little interruption as I can recall.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I just like penn. Hes an interesting man, and a kind one.

I know that we would disagree on a lot. But anyone who appreciates beefheart can't be all wrong.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Imagine being Penn, having all those decades of fame and success and shit, and still being that guy. With some famous people it seems like an act, but when he talks about being compassionate and loving people, and using the terms "us" and "we" instead of "you" and "they", I totally believe him. And I think it's aspirational.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users