The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
He is more Libertarian than anything, but I hate to box him in like that because he has opposing views to that stance as well. He is his own man and he is super skeptical. And of course he gets stoned and says ridiculous things, he admits to that. If you have listened to him long enough than you can tell the difference.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He also thinks it would be cool if everyone had their own currency instead of this shared currency managed by the fed nonsense. Want to buy a JRE shirt? Use JRE bucks. Want to buy a lb of soy? That'll be 15 whole foods tokens, xir. Need a new helmet & pickaxe? 100 mine nuggets, peasant.

I've never yelled so much at the car stereo.
he is 1000% open borders asshole advocate, he purposely doesn't distinquish between illegal aliens/illegal immigrants

THEY WERE JUST BORN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BORDER!!!

he will agree with every super lefty on the show about it, "yea man, these make believe lines and borders, man!!!"

but when his ride or die best friend eddie bravo who is 100% mexican says "NO TRUMP is talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!(no one uses the correct term)

Joe doesn't say shit and lets the subject die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Oblio, love ya bro (no homo), but you're 1000% wrong on Joe. It's really weird how he believes the shit he does while just constantly sucking commie dick.

Like, you can see him put *almost* all the dots together, and he will *almost* get there, and then "well, yeah, but not like Trump is doing it."

He's got some weird version of TDS that causes most of his beliefs to be completely incompatible. It's sad, because he's still the gold standard on podcasts.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I do not deny he leans left, he also leans right sometimes. But when I hear "Ultra Left" I think of progressives like AOC or even worse than her, Joe makes fun of trans people and gay people while still accepting. Ultra Left people would never stand for that. I would also bet I have listened to him longer and heard more of his episodes than most or all our forums bros, so it hard for me to be convinced by people with less experience.

To date he has 1451 JREs and 93 MMA Shows and probably 20 Fight Companions totaling ~1574. I have probably listened to 1300 of them. I remember listing to his 3rd ever Podcast and then going back and listening to the first two.

At the end of the day, none of this matters and trying to convince you guys or vice versa is pointless. You guys can have your opinion and I can have mine, I bet Joe would disagree with all of us.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
To me, he seems pretty grounded especially considering his level of success. Yeah he's left, but I think moreso he's just a pragmatist. If an idea is the best idea, he'll support it, regardless of a political alignment. Like, Trump is a clown, and he'll crack on him, but he doesn't obsess over it, and gives him credit where credit is due. And, tbh, sees through a lot of the trump smokescreen shit he does for the media, frames it in terms of a performance.

I think you have his stance on immigration all fucked up. He talked abou tthat at length with the guy from the forestry service who wrot ethat book about the cartels growing on public land in California. But, I think more importantly, he doesn't have a "stance" really. When people present a solid argument, he listens, he's not married to some political fringe. Which is cool for people who want to watch him dunk on Bert or bring on experts and play the everyman who has just enough knowledge to hold the conversation. If he spent his time obsessing about Trump (one extreme or the other) or any of the other dumb political shit in our country, I think his listenership would fall off dramatically.

• 2Solidarity

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Lol, every chance he gets he states that the Presidency should be abolished and replaced with a "council". He also seriously says that borders and nations themselves are increasingly obsolete. Ya such pragmatism, much grounded.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
heh yeah, when Stoner Joe comes out and starts his "Hey man isn't it crazy that one man has to do this job? It's nuts, it's crazy. We need to abolish this idea..." thing it's pretty eye-rolling.

But on the other hand, he freely admits he's a moron and no one should be counting on him to solve the world's problems. Everyone has stupid ideas, everyone just thinks those ideas are sound and logical because after all, they are the person who had that idea, and they are sound and logical, so the ideas must be awesome too. And then they surround themselves with people with similar ideas. Self-fucking ice cream cones. He has experts on, questions them on a basic level to get that understanding across, and really cares what they have to say rather than just waiting for his turn to talk. He seems pretty practical to me.

• 1Solidarity

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Lol, every chance he gets he states that the Presidency should be abolished and replaced with a "council".

It isn't that crazy, that is more or less how parliamentary systems work. Caveat being that I am simplifying and not all systems are the same, but broadly speaking that is what a parliamentary executive is.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I do not deny he leans left, he also leans right sometimes. But when I hear "Ultra Left" I think of progressives like AOC or even worse than her, Joe makes fun of trans people and gay people while still accepting. Ultra Left people would never stand for that. I would also bet I have listened to him longer and heard more of his episodes than most or all our forums bros, so it hard for me to be convinced by people with less experience.

To date he has 1451 JREs and 93 MMA Shows and probably 20 Fight Companions totaling ~1574. I have probably listened to 1300 of them. I remember listing to his 3rd ever Podcast and then going back and listening to the first two.

At the end of the day, none of this matters and trying to convince you guys or vice versa is pointless. You guys can have your opinion and I can have mine, I bet Joe would disagree with all of us.
where does he lean right besides the 3 i listed
hunting/eating meat
guns
tranny train

he's not even fully against the trannys he's against the notion that trannys can fight women equally, but fully wreck them (basically fallon fox), and if you're over 18, cut your dick off, he don't care, he just doesn't think it's wise for kids to do it (adam knows everything eps)

you can't have only 3 right views and just be called "leans left", and of his lefty positions he's ultra left, i.e. instead of having lawful immigration, just have opens borders n shit.

where does he "lean" right?

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the dude gets baked and says some real stupid shit. Something most people that get high do.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
where does he lean right besides the 3 i listed
hunting/eating meat
guns
tranny train

he's not even fully against the trannys he's against the notion that trannys can fight women equally, but fully wreck them (basically fallon fox), and if you're over 18, cut your dick off, he don't care, he just doesn't think it's wise for kids to do it (adam knows everything eps)

you can't have only 3 right views and just be called "leans left", and of his lefty positions he's ultra left, i.e. instead of having lawful immigration, just have opens borders n Khorum.

where does he "lean" right?
The three you gave aren't enough? How many ULTRA LEFTIES do you know that are PRO GUN? You don't even need the other 2. Besides super religious people and stupid fucking ignorant people who is really against trans gendered? I wish them all the best in their quest to find happiness. It sucks that the cards are stacked against them due to a mental disorder, but they are still human. Ben Shapiro basically says the same thing about all of the LGBTQ from a Political Standpoint and he is Conservative (Libertarian) and is super religious.

At then end of the day I don't give a fly fuck where you think he stands politically, it literally has no effect on my life in anyway and this is a total fucking waste of my time to keep responding to this.

Go ahead and think you won the argument I do not care. Stop quoting me asking me to respond, there is nothing of value being discussed, chalk it up to a difference of opinion and leave it at that.

I am done with the convo boys.

EDIT: Lanx Lanx since it seems you have an exponential amount of free time why don't you use that big brain of yours to help me out in the laptop thread. I have to get back to work now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The three you gave aren't enough? How many ULTRA LEFTIES do you know that are PRO GUN?
every ultra leftie is now pro gun now that we're in lockdown

Ben Shapiro basically says the same thing about all of the LGBTQ from a Political Standpoint and he is Conservative (Libertarian) and is super religious.
you're using shapiro as an example of religious upstandingness? the same guy who shits on his gay friends wedding dave rubin?

I am done with the convo boys.
i mean sure if you want, you're the one that inserted your opinion on my statement but offered up nothing to counter it besides your resume of

Qualifications

Jre Listener
December 24, 2009 - Present

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean he's definitely left, but ultra left seems to infer it to be extreme. Unless we're doing the anyone that's not Hitler is a blue haired loon thing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean he's definitely left, but ultra left seems to infer it to be extreme. Unless we're doing the anyone that's not Hitler is a blue haired loon thing.
of his views that are left, they are ultra left...

like govt assistance.

a moderate left stance is like, we should help the unfortunate with ebt and shit, at least so that a fucking baby has diapers and milk and maybe some job training/assistance

joe is like UBI, UBI!!! however, he's also racist. when UBI was first brought to his attention by an asian, no, no, not yang, but bao chef eddie huang (and asian sitcom), joe was like "thats stupid". it wasn't until some white guy said "ubi is good" joe was like "alright, i can dig it"... (and then he had andrew yang)

a moderate left is like, illegal immigration isn't good, we have laws, but we have to verify all these asylum and refugee claims

joe is like, OPEN BORDERS!!!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Greg Fitzsimmons is a writer and stand-up comedian. He also hosts a podcast with Alison Rosen called “Childish” that is available now on iTunes & Stitcher. @Greg Fitzsimmons

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Eric Weinstein is a mathematician and economist, and he is also the managing director at Thiel Capital. His new podcast “The Portal” is available now on Apple Podcasts & Spotify. @Eric Weinstein

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It isn't that crazy, that is more or less how parliamentary systems work. Caveat being that I am simplifying and not all systems are the same, but broadly speaking that is what a parliamentary executive is.

Yeah, but the problem is that you couldn't have that in america. You've got 50 states. How could you hope to have a representative parliment out of that? It's troublesome enough in nations that adopt that sort of system which are smaller and culturally homogenous. They've got their own problems.

It's not a crazy form of government. We do try to accomodate what aspects of parliment we can, that's what the Senate is. A parliment of the states. But scale does matter. It almost matters even more with modern communication rather than less. Sure, lag time in communication is diminshed but the frequency of that communication and the number participating in it is both increased. Trying to administrate an entire continent directly that way would be very silly.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but the problem is that you couldn't have that in america. You've got 50 states. How could you hope to have a representative parliment out of that? It's troublesome enough in nations that adopt that sort of system which are smaller and culturally homogenous. They've got their own problems.

It's not a crazy form of government. We do try to accomodate what aspects of parliment we can, that's what the Senate is. A parliment of the states. But scale does matter. It almost matters even more with modern communication rather than less. Sure, lag time in communication is diminshed but the frequency of that communication and the number participating in it is both increased. Trying to administrate an entire continent directly that way would be very silly.

The Senate hasn't been a Parliment of the States since they started electing Senators by popular vote.

• 1Like