The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think Crenshaw is worth listening to.

He's a man, not the idealized version of what a politician should be. Joe tends to ask him some stuff that it's hard for Crenshaw to answer because his personal answer is going to be different than his political answer. Because they are different modes and it's not entirely clear which answer is the relevant one. Not the right one, they're both "right" in that sense. The relevant one.

That could account for why he can feel "greasy". What he believes and what he does will not always be the same thing. That is the compromise that is the job of a politician.

I don't agree with him 100% either, and I cringe a little bit with some of the stuff he says too. The perfect can be the enemy of the good.

As far as Weinstein and his theory of everything... I suspect there's a fair amount of posturing in it for intellectual validation. Eric is also just a man. But when he's not too deep into his own navel he can be a very interesting one.
Joe has talked quite a bit about that. The whole "public" position these guys take, and the "private" positions they really hold. That was a huge criticism of Hillary back in 2016, from guys like Joe and from more traditional sources as well. I don't have any time for that kind of shit, personally, or sympathy for their plight. Is what it is, I guess.

Weinstein could be either the smartest man alive or a Forrest Gump type stumbling into situation after situation. Neither would surprise me. Sometimes he's scary with how precise his comments are about cutting up the establishment, and sometimes he just rambles incoherently like him and Biden have a secret language all their own. Maybe a consequence of genius. Or of lead paint, idk which.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Try listening on DMT
I didn't use DMT but I watched Weinstein's lecture at Oxford and it was a train wreck.

Seemed like he was talking total nonsense, his handwriting was illegible on the board, he wrote in a way where he sometimes ran out of space to finish his equation and got spooked by feedback in his ear piece.

If he can't do an old school blackboard lecture, he should use a PowerPoint.

I have layman's basic understanding of what quantum mechanics and string theory are, I don't see why he can't explain WTF he is talking about.

All I can get out of it is "things we can't explain must be in higher dimensions".

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Michael Shermer is a science writer, historian of science, founder of The Skeptics Society, and Editor in Chief of its magazine Skeptic. His new book “Giving the Devil His Due: Reflections of a Scientific Humanist” is available now. https://amzn.to/2XmplJY @Skeptic

• 1Barf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Michael Shermer is a science writer, historian of science, founder of The Skeptics Society, and Editor in Chief of its magazine Skeptic. His new book “Giving the Devil His Due: Reflections of a Scientific Humanist” is available now. https://amzn.to/2XmplJY @Skeptic
I only got to watch one of the clips, where he talks about "coming together" during this time as people did after 9/11. I generally find Shermer fine, but that's some old bullshit right there. The aftermath of 9/11 was an enormous clusterfuck for us, so many things happened in that time like the patriot act, fisa expansion, wars, tsa/dhs, etc that shit was ruinous and it never would have been that bad if it weren't for the kumbaya, come together, don't question authority, keep us safe attitude. I don't like how they give Trump shit over petty nonsense either, if there's a problem focus on the real problem. But no one should get a pass.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Tim Dillon is a comedian, tour guide, and host. His podcast “The Tim Dillon Show” is available on YouTube & Apple Podcasts. @The Tim Dillon Show
I turned this off yesterday because Joe seemed a tad hostile and I was just in the mood for sunshine & butterflies. It wasn't that bad and I'll finish it later, but just wondering if anyone else got the same vibe? I hadn't really heard of this guy before this podcast.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Chris D’Elia is an actor, writer, and comedian. His new special “No Pain” is now streaming on Netflix and his podcast called “Congratulations” available on Apple Podcasts. @Chris D'Elia

iannis

Musty Nester
I turned this off yesterday because Joe seemed a tad hostile and I was just in the mood for sunshine & butterflies. It wasn't that bad and I'll finish it later, but just wondering if anyone else got the same vibe? I hadn't really heard of this guy before this podcast.

I haven't been able to make it through the past few rogans. Not because they're bad or whatever, I don't think they are.

It's just... so tiresome. I don't really want to hear idle corona talk. And it's not that I disagree with what i've heard out of him. Just... yeah, ok. Ya know? I gave Weinstein two big thumbs up for trying to talk joe into spearheading the progressive revolution. lol. That made me grin.

It seems like in the D'elia one Joe's getting more and more on the "this shit is getting stupid" side of things. But again, I can't finish them. I just zone out and lose interest. I'm only mildly curious how well it's going to go over that Joe has a doctor at his compound standing there just to administer tests to his guests. I'm not sure he won't get some blowback over that. Not that I give a shit, but it's like one of those things I was thinking "I'm not sure I'd actually announce that on what amounts to a nationwide broadcast." heh.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Tom O’Neill is an award-winning investigative journalist and entertainment reporter whose work has appeared in national publications such as Us, Premiere, New York, The Village Voice and Details. His book, Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties (https://amzn.to/2RGhdQM) was published by Little, Brown in the summer of 2019.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Tom O’Neill is an award-winning investigative journalist and entertainment reporter whose work has appeared in national publications such as Us, Premiere, New York, The Village Voice and Details. His book, Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties (https://amzn.to/2RGhdQM) was published by Little, Brown in the summer of 2019.

Listening to this now and I will probably read his book after. This is super interesting.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

This episode was pretty awesome. He wasn't the most understandable guest and didn't tell an easily followable story. However if you're familiar at all with the Manson case, JFK assassination, RFK assassination, MK Ultra etc, then this guy seems to have found the magic key that unlocks all of them.

It's LSD and evil people by the sound of it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

One of the best episodes in a long time

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
What I hate about this is if this book is as credible as it seems to be, what does that say about the potential of large scale coordinated conspiracies being real? I mean if you can connect the CIA's MK-Ultra (mind control) program with political assassinations and the coordinated deconstruction of the hippie movement via government cultivated evil cult, why should I doubt the at least possibility of truth of the things MusicForFish MusicForFish posts about over in General?

This could credibly undermine the public's belief in our institutions to a degree where it is hard to imagine their continued existence without significant change. What credible reason do I have to believe that this stuff stopped in 1973? Why does the Manson family seem so similar to batshit crazy ideas like kid-eating celebrities?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Epstein didn't kill himself.

Some pretty questionable shit happens when power gets over concentrated.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

No description provided so here is mine. Donnell is a comedian best known for his work on the Chappelle Show.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

No description provided so here is mine. Donnell is a comedian best known for his work on the Chappelle Show.
Listened to 22 seconds before I turned it off. Same reason I don't listen to Lewis Black.....I don't need to hear people "talking" at max volume for 3 hours.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you like Tim Dillon it's cool, but yeah Joe got a little defensive when he brought up the Bill Gates conspiracy theory, but they joked about it for the rest of the podcast.

Tim Dillon's whole thing is like a conspiracy nut with no boundaries. Check out his youtube, dude is fucking hilarious. His Meghan McCain impersonation alone is just the best. The thing that turned me on to him was he had a bit he did where he just sat up a table in front of a Jollybee and started eating and filming and ranting, and it was just insane, hard to explain, you have to see it. He's got this guerilla comedy thing going on, it's cool.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Kurt Metzger is a comedian, actor and writer. He also has a podcast called “Can't Get Right” that is available via GaS Digital and Apple Podcasts.