The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Yeah, but the problem is that you couldn't have that in america. You've got 50 states. How could you hope to have a representative parliment out of that? It's troublesome enough in nations that adopt that sort of system which are smaller and culturally homogenous. They've got their own problems.

It's not a crazy form of government. We do try to accomodate what aspects of parliment we can, that's what the Senate is. A parliment of the states. But scale does matter. It almost matters even more with modern communication rather than less. Sure, lag time in communication is diminshed but the frequency of that communication and the number participating in it is both increased. Trying to administrate an entire continent directly that way would be very silly.

Right, the US system is completely different and it'd have to dissolve the Constitution in order to form a completely different form of government. That, obviously, has its own set of problems. I was just pointing out that his idea in the abstract isn't that crazy since most western governments have an executive that is essentially an elected "council".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nah, he explained it pretty plainly, and it makes sense. Biden's fucking crazy old, so is Trump but at least Trump seems to be making his own decisions, not a confused grandpa wandering the White House. The weird thing is that this is only now occurring to many in the democratic establishment.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx and crew are giving Joe the same treatment the Main Stream Media give Trump.

Sound Bites! Sound Bites! Sound Bites! Out of context! Out of context! Out of context!

You are hearing Joe, but you are not listening to Joe.

iannis

Musty Nester
Eric redpilled as fuck but unwilling to make that final step.

To be fair it would probably be suicide. It was amazing to hear him call for the resignation of Pelosi. Like I was momentarily stunned.

But she's just one old woman, Eric. The problem is worse than that and you know it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He meant Pelosi and DiBlasio and Trump. All our fuckup politicians that have mismanaged things to land us in this mess.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think yo u faggots need to realiZe what ultra left is.

Joe calls out bullahit on white privilege and PC culture. he calls out liberal media for being garbage.

Ultra left is “wax my balls bigot”.
If you think joe is “ultra left” then you think Mitch mconnell is a centrist.

most posters here were pretty moderate and the left moved so far from us we are now with Trump and the RNC as a lesser of two evils.

joe pretty much is slightly left of us but still can’t abandon the idea that he’s a leftie and buys into their stuff a bit too much. But who cares. He’s a guy on apodcast. All of us agree with him most of the time and you faggots let two wedgeissues make him out to be Chairman Mao.

you are just as faggy as the ultra left who think you are nazis.
Faggots

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
i think when Joe says left, he's talking about issues, like health care or whatever, not twitter issues like gender pronouns and shit. There's not really a representation in this country for the political left. Shit like health care, finance, taxes, etc, both parties essentially just do the same thing.

But, even though Weinstein is not a good vessel for the message, his message is something I feel. This administration has bungled the virus thing, but they had help fucking it up from both sides of the aisle. Here I sit, trying to 3d print masks in my basement because I can't buy any because the motherfuckers we gave authority to handle this spent 2-3 months telling us we don't need masks, uh oh turns out we do, and now no one can get them, so if you're like me in a household with children who have asthma, there's a real possibility you're going to spend the end of April watching your child die because these people have no interest in the business of government when it doesn't somehow enrich them. Imagine if there was an actual leader instead of Weinstein getting that message out. It's pretty god damn infuriating, and left or right literally do not matter.

• 2Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Everyone's favorite character from SNL...

Dan Crenshaw is a politician and former United States Navy SEAL officer serving as the U.S. Representative for Texas’s 2nd congressional district since 2019. His new book "Fortitude: American Resilience in the Outrage Era" is now available everywhere. https://amzn.to/3b0jyxL

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Dan Crenshaw is a politician and former United States Navy SEAL officer serving as the U.S. Representative for Texas’s 2nd congressional district since 2019. His new book "Fortitude: American Resilience in the Outrage Era" is now available everywhere. https://amzn.to/3b0jyxL

How was this one?

Crenshaw comes off as greasy to me. Something I really don't like but I can't bail it down

• 2Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
How was this one?

Crenshaw comes off as greasy to me. Something I really don't like but I can't bail it down
Not bad overall, but I cringed a little bit when Joe was asking Dan what the difference is between "free" healthcare and other "free" public services, like firefighting and police. I just don't think that Dan can think on his feet very well with these types of questions.

I don't think Dan is greasy, I just think he's sort of an Everyman and he comes across as unremarkable when held up against the myth of the man that's been created for him.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Not bad overall, but I cringed a little bit when Joe was asking Dan what the difference is between "free" healthcare and other "free" public services, like firefighting and police. I just don't think that Dan can think on his feet very well with these types of questions.

I don't think Dan is greasy, I just think he's sort of an Everyman and he comes across as unremarkable when held up against the myth of the man that's been created for him.

I don't know any of the myth.

I really don't like special forces guys in public. Something about it rubs me wrong.

And he doesn't blow me away with presence like Jocko, or intelligence like Weinstein.

And isn't grounded like Rogan as an every man.

He rode the military fetish into office and spec ops eye patch for fame.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't know any of the myth.

I really don't like special forces guys in public. Something about it rubs me wrong.

And he doesn't blow me away with presence like Jocko, or intelligence like Weinstein.

And isn't grounded like Rogan as an every man.

He rode the military fetish into office and spec ops eye patch for fame.
He's definitely more of an Everyman than Rogan. On a "I trust my gut" level, I think that Dan has a sound foundational set of principles that I agree with. Practical application and debate is a bit lackluster.

There's a little bit of a Candace Owens vibe to him, minus the climate debate portion. I think his subconscious has done most of the rationalizing for him and he hasn't exercised his debate-brain enough to really wow anyone with conscious rationalization.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Lex Fridman is a research scientist at MIT working on human-centered artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles. Check out is podcast “Artificial Intelligence Podcast” available on Apple Podcast & YouTube @Lex Fridman

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it actually about AI this time? He had him on a month or so ago and it was all random tangents, turned it off after an hour.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Does anyone know WTF Eric Weinstein is talking about with his theory of everything?

His layman's explanation of rulers and protectors lost me.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know WTF Eric Weinstein is talking about with his theory of everything?

His layman's explanation of rulers and protectors lost me.

Try listening on DMT

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I didn't watch the recent Dan Crenshaw podcast but the previous one was very disappointing in that you could easily tell he didn't know what he was talking about and was just parrotting talking points that had been provided to him by lobbyists. I remember one instance in particular where he was talking about battery technology and just kept saying something to the effect of "the tech isn't there yet". Joe asked him what he means by that and Dan just replied the same statement over and over. Sad since he also spent time talking about money in politics and how it's not as big an influence as people think, and yet here I could figuratively see the fossil fuel lobbyist $$s appearing as he talked.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Just realized the placement of the play button really emphasizes his eye patch.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think Crenshaw is worth listening to.

He's a man, not the idealized version of what a politician should be. Joe tends to ask him some stuff that it's hard for Crenshaw to answer because his personal answer is going to be different than his political answer. Because they are different modes and it's not entirely clear which answer is the relevant one. Not the right one, they're both "right" in that sense. The relevant one.

That could account for why he can feel "greasy". What he believes and what he does will not always be the same thing. That is the compromise that is the job of a politician.

I don't agree with him 100% either, and I cringe a little bit with some of the stuff he says too. The perfect can be the enemy of the good.

As far as Weinstein and his theory of everything... I suspect there's a fair amount of posturing in it for intellectual validation. Eric is also just a man. But when he's not too deep into his own navel he can be a very interesting one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like