The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Tom O’Neill is an award-winning investigative journalist and entertainment reporter whose work has appeared in national publications such as Us, Premiere, New York, The Village Voice and Details. His book, Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties (https://amzn.to/2RGhdQM) was published by Little, Brown in the summer of 2019.

First one I've listened to in a while

Was good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Please tell me Joe makes him take off that stupid fucking hat. I don't know why exactly but his dopey face and that fucking hat boils my blood just looking at it. YOU'RE INDOORS FAGGOT

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

I like Tim Pool a lot, but this was a great listen. At the very end Tim talks about the next stage of his business being a 'fact check' business where he will rate news agencies based on the 'code of ethics'. If that somehow gets off the ground I think that will be beneficial to the country.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Tom Green was pretty awkward because he was riding Joe's dick the whole way through the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The Tom Green thing felt like he either always idolized him, like Costanza did the other VJ on Seinfeld and like nerds often do with jocks,

1588092153730.png

OR Green treated Rogan like shit when he was on the top of the heap and now he's groveling since the shoe is on the other foot.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The Tom Green one was painful to listen to, especially when Rogan went on his 5 minute rant about how your immune system is like an army fighting for you. I dont need a PSA from him about how i shouldnt smoke cigarettes and should eat my vegetables

I turned Tim Pool off 30 minutes in because it was just the same bullshit as usual. He has absolutely nothing new or unique to offer. His entire schtick is "hey did you see that XYZ tweet? haha. hey did you see that vice article? haha. hey did you see that buzzfeed article? haha"

Is Rogan unable to get any decent guests anymore? The last 3 months have SUCKED.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The Tom Green one was painful to listen to, especially when Rogan went on his 5 minute rant about how your immune system is like an army fighting for you. I dont need a PSA from him about how i shouldnt smoke cigarettes and should eat my vegetables

I turned Tim Pool off 30 minutes in because it was just same the bullshit as usual. He has absolutely nothing new or unique to offer. His entire schtick is "hey did you see that XYZ tweet? haha. hey did you see that vice article? haha. hey did you see that buzzfeed article? haha"

Is Rogan unable to get any decent guests anymore? The last 3 months have SUCKED.

It's a victim of his success.

He has gotten to be such a huge deal it's going to be hard for him to get past his social groups etc and see new and controversial things.

At least that's my take on it.

He has peaked.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
He needs to shut up more often and let the guests speak, its a classic interviewer mistake. He's starting to believe that the show is about him, not his guests

He might have peaked but it will be hard to supplant him. He has a great everyman persona, he is intellectually curious and he does dabble in a ton of weird shit where its clear he has some interest and familiarity with the subject, and not just reading from a question list that Jamie put together before the show.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
He just needs to stop accepting people looking for publicity for awhile.

Find some guy that runs a cattle ranch in Montana or an old agronomist that isn't also a climate change activist or something. Anyone with a twitter or a book coming out gets automatically disqualified.

Hes just the biggest stop on a publicity tour right now.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It's also the lockdown and he doesn't like to do Skype interviews. He's limited to people in and around la. It's why he's had mostly comics the past month.

I assume.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It's also the lockdown and he doesn't like to do Skype interviews. He's limited to people in and around la. It's why he's had mostly comics the past month.

I assume.

Tim Pool said he drove across the country for 4 days for the honor

Tom Green is some sort of Howard Hughes germophobe now and he said he wouldnt have left his home quarantine for anyone BUT JOE ROGAN PODCAST EXPERIENCE

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
He just needs to stop accepting people looking for publicity for awhile.

Find some guy that runs a cattle ranch in Montana or an old agronomist that isn't also a climate change activist or something. Anyone with a twitter or a book coming out gets automatically disqualified.

Hes just the biggest stop on a publicity tour right now.

Id love to hear JR talk to some nebraska farmer for 3 hours to learn shit, instead I get Tim Pool for the fifth time talking about the latest buzzboing or vicevox article

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wish he would have Allan Savory on. I don't think people know that cattle can be used for good when it comes to climate change.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I thought about introducing him to Chris Anderson from WIRED / 3DR if I could get an email through, but I'm afraid Chris would just use it as a marketing opportunity too. I'd love to hear him talk to someone that's been involved in Ardupilot since the beginning, or a world-class freediver/spearfisher, underwater explorers, lumberjack, etc.

Just tired of hearing from people that live off of an audience.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I automatically skip any actors or comedians which is mostly what it's been lately although it sort of makes sense given the situation where people can't travel.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Tim Pool said he drove across the country for 4 days for the honor

Tom Green is some sort of Howard Hughes germophobe now and he said he wouldnt have left his home quarantine for anyone BUT JOE ROGAN PODCAST EXPERIENCE
Yeah, that is true.

Joe might just be slipping up his own ass a little.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I thought about introducing him to Chris Anderson from WIRED / 3DR if I could get an email through, but I'm afraid Chris would just use it as a marketing opportunity too. I'd love to hear him talk to someone that's been involved in Ardupilot since the beginning, or a world-class freediver/spearfisher, underwater explorers, lumberjack, etc.

Just tired of hearing from people that live off of an audience.

He's had a few of those extreme sports guys on and theyre all tediously boring. There was one instagrammer guy a few months ago, who was rafting from Tierra Del Fuego to Antarctica and then trying to make money off of it. Rogan asks him why he did it and the guy spews out some prepared spiel about how its a testament to human endurance, no one has ever done it, blah blah blah.

But who gives a fuck if this guy rafted from one meaningless place to another across a stormy channel? It's clear that he's only doing it to get some notoriety from a press who's desperate to turn anything into clicks. All he does is afterwards is push endorsements and videos. That kind of shit is real annoying.

On the other hand he had an interview with a guy who just walked off into the Alaskan wilderness and just lived in a tiny one room cabin for like 20 years, thats something that was actually good.