The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that guy was pretty good.

It just occurred to him one day, "fuck this. I'm gonna go live in the woods". So he went and did exactly that.

He even somehow got a woman up there with him for a while and raised a kid.

That's a man with a plan, for sure.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
He's had a few of those extreme sports guys on and theyre all tediously boring. There was one instagrammer guy a few months ago, who was rafting from Tierra Del Fuego to Antarctica and then trying to make money off of it. Rogan asks him why he did it and the guy spews out some prepared spiel about how its a testament to human endurance, no one has ever done it, blah blah blah.

But who gives a fuck if this guy rafted from one meaningless place to another across a stormy channel? It's clear that he's only doing it to get some notoriety from a press who's desperate to turn anything into clicks. All he does is afterwards is push endorsements and videos. That kind of shit is real annoying.

On the other hand he had an interview with a guy who just walked off into the Alaskan wilderness and just lived in a tiny one room cabin for like 20 years, thats something that was actually good.
I used to go spearfishing with a couple frenchies in the virgin islands when I lived on St. Thomas. I only went a couple times in Hawaii, but the experience in USVI was fucking insane compared to HI and they had a ton of awesome stories. I never met these guys, but one of the frenchies used to fish with two twin brothers that ended up joining the coast guard, and they would catch sharks in Kayaks, kill them in the water, and drag them onto the beach right at the bar I always hung out at.

He also constantly overestimated my spearfishing skills and would haul me out to some really fucking sketchy (scary) places that I was sure I was going to die at. We were in deep water one time and this fucker could hold his breath about 5x as long as me, so I noped the fuck out when I saw him going into a cave ~50ft down. Huge waves that day, murky water and I saw a (guessing) 8ft shark when he was in the cave. The only land mass that was near the surface was a jagged, rocky spire that jutted up to about 2ft above the surface of the water and I was clinging to that fucking thing like the devil was about to drag me to hell. I think that's the most scared I've ever been. Oh, and I had a bloody bag of fish hanging off of me that had both of our fish in it because I was basically the pack mule.

Anyways....I went out with him less than 10 times and I think that a 3 hour podcast with someone like him would be interesting as hell.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I automatically skip any actors or comedians which is mostly what it's been lately although it sort of makes sense given the situation where people can't travel.
I used to do something similar but I read through the comments sometimes and give them a shot. It's how I originally got into Segura and Trussell and more recently Dillon. Now I just skip all the political ones and Joey Diaz.

I think Tom Green was fanboying a bit but a lot of that is an act

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I used to go spearfishing with a couple frenchies in the virgin islands when I lived on St. Thomas. I only went a couple times in Hawaii, but the experience in USVI was fucking insane compared to HI and they had a ton of awesome stories. I never met these guys, but one of the frenchies used to fish with two twin brothers that ended up joining the coast guard, and they would catch sharks in Kayaks, kill them in the water, and drag them onto the beach right at the bar I always hung out at.

He also constantly overestimated my spearfishing skills and would haul me out to some really fucking sketchy (scary) places that I was sure I was going to die at. We were in deep water one time and this fucker could hold his breath about 5x as long as me, so I noped the fuck out when I saw him going into a cave ~50ft down. Huge waves that day, murky water and I saw a (guessing) 8ft shark when he was in the cave. The only land mass that was near the surface was a jagged, rocky spire that jutted up to about 2ft above the surface of the water and I was clinging to that fucking thing like the devil was about to drag me to hell. I think that's the most scared I've ever been. Oh, and I had a bloody bag of fish hanging off of me that had both of our fish in it because I was basically the pack mule.

Anyways....I went out with him less than 10 times and I think that a 3 hour podcast with someone like him would be interesting as hell.

Yeah id listen to that guy. I went snorkeling once in the Caymans and that shit was scary but awesome at the same time. And thats pretty safe and pedestrian compared to what you two were doing

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
He also got kicked out of the marines for hitting someone in the face with the butt of a rifle in boot camp, and he would start fights with people for saying "crescent wrench" instead of "adjustable wrench".
"IT'S CALLED ONE ADJUSTABLE WRENCH CUZ YOU ADJUST IT YOU DUMB MUDDA FAKKAS!"

Guaranteed better than half the guests for the last year.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have been busy and so has JRE. Harshaw Harshaw added the Tim Pool Episode, here are the others....

Tom Green is a comedian, actor, filmmaker, and talk show host. His podcast "The Tom Green Podcast" is available via Apple Podcasts and Spotify. @Tom Green

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Duncan Trussell is a stand-up comedian, and host of his own podcast “The Duncan Trussell Family Hour”. His new show “The Midnight Gospel” is now streaming only on Netflix. @Duncan Trussell

• 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Jessimae Peluso is a stand-up comedian and television personality. Check out her podcast called “Sharp Tongue” available on Apple Podcasts. @Jessimae Peluso

• 1Dislike
  • 1Barf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Bandwagon Bandwagon Duncan Trussell is probably my least favorite regular guest too.
1588188459481.png

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

I've sat by a few campfires sharing beers with Montana's head wolf biologist and Glacier's bear biologist. Those dudes had some pretty badass stories and trailcam vids. Also got into the nuts and bolts of day to day research and how absolutely grueling it can be. Wolves cover a lot of miles every day and you better be in marathon shape to keep up. The conversation about reintroduction vs. agriculture gets pretty heated and could be well done by Joe.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Duncan's ok in small doses, yeah.

I've known guys like him. He cranks that type of guy to 11. I can't take a whole lot of him because I just wind up wishing I could smack him on the head and yell, "Smoke less weed".

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think Duncan is a nice guy and all, but for me to listen to someone like him I have to have history with them. We had to have bonded as kids or some shit. I have a friend like him that I talk to every couple of years, I have known him since Kindergaten.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I need to start sucking dicks behind a 7/11, just for the flavor, to be the type of guy that listens to Duncan. Hard pass.

• 1Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Adam Perry Lang is a chef, restaurateur and cookbook author. He is the owner of APL restaurant in Hollywood, CA.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Adam Perry Lang is a chef, restaurateur and cookbook author. He is the owner of APL restaurant in Hollywood, CA.

I thought this was a pretty interesting episode I actually like it when he has people other than UFC/comics.