The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Ronnie Coleman is a retired professional bodybuilder. He is a 8-time consecutive winner of Mr.Olympia, and also won a record 26 titles as a IFBB professional. @Ronnie Coleman
This one is enjoyable. Ronnie is a simple guy, but has a personality you can't help but love.

Joe asks, "Ronnie, why did you decide to compete in Body Building?" Ronnie, "Well, the guy with the gym said he would give me a free membership if I did." Joe, "So you became the 7 time Mr. Olympia for a free gym membership?" Ronnie, "Yeah, that's about it." - LOL

Joe, "Ronnie, why did you lift so much weight?" Ronnie, "Well, I guess because I could." - LOL

The guy is totally charming and amiable. He also talks quite a bit about his time as a police officer, and is totally frank about his steroid use. The rest of the time is spent talking about his terrible injuries and subsequent surgeries.

It is interesting to learn and hear from humans that just reached the peak of what ever they are passionate about. Alex Honnold, Elon Musk, Ronnie Coleman, etc. They just reached places that no other human has dared or been able to.

The episode gets 1 Thumb up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The guy is totally charming and amiable. He also talks quite a bit about his time as a police officer, and is totally frank about his steroid use. The rest of the time is spent talking about his terrible injuries and subsequent surgeries.
i mean it's the first time i heard that the fda (or whatever drug ppl) let them do all the steroids, as long as they told em what they were doing, this is a pretty big revelation imo, i always thought they were getting like horse hormones and injecting in their ass on the down lo.

apparently Ronnies body is more legal than lance armstrong

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Bill Burr is a standup comedian and also hosts his own podcast called “The Monday Morning Podcast”. Look for him in the new film "The King of Staten Island" available for streaming everywhere, and also on the 4th season of his show "F Is for Family" streaming only on Netflix, both available on June 12. @Bill Burr

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This one is enjoyable. Ronnie is a simple guy, but has a personality you can't help but love.

Joe asks, "Ronnie, why did you decide to compete in Body Building?" Ronnie, "Well, the guy with the gym said he would give me a free membership if I did." Joe, "So you became the 7 time Mr. Olympia for a free gym membership?" Ronnie, "Yeah, that's about it." - LOL

Joe, "Ronnie, why did you lift so much weight?" Ronnie, "Well, I guess because I could." - LOL

It is interesting to learn and hear from humans that just reached the peak of what ever they are passionate about. Alex Honnold, Elon Musk, Ronnie Coleman, etc. They just reached places that no other human has dared or been able to.

The episode gets 1 Thumb up.
I thought this wouldn't be interesting, but yeah, dude is very cool and interesting. And lol at his explanations.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I thought this wouldn't be interesting, but yeah, dude is very cool and interesting. And lol at his explanations.
I actually watched his documentary on Netflix not that long ago, he is an interesting dude.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Bill Burr is a standup comedian and also hosts his own podcast called “The Monday Morning Podcast”. Look for him in the new film "The King of Staten Island" available for streaming everywhere, and also on the 4th season of his show "F Is for Family" streaming only on Netflix, both available on June 12. @Bill Burr

Great listen. Bill calls Joe out like 4 times for his stupid shit and it was amazing

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Jimmy O. Yang is an actor, stand-up comedian, and writer. Check out his new special "Jimmy O. Yang: Good Deal" available to stream now on Amazon Prime.

I watched his special mentioned above and enjoyed it.
I dislike his acting and standup but hes a normal dude when he isnt shilling the simple race jokes. Good episode!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

450xh9.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Bill's oddly introspective in the back half of the episode.

I'm glad he doesn't really talk about current events. He does outline in his stammering way a general philosophy about them. Which I can't find great fault in. Althought i'm sure plenty off yall will.

It's a pretty typical burr episode. They talk about cars... joe tries to fuck with him by watching animals eating each other... random bullshit... they smoke cigars. Burr talks about fighting...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
btw, 100m is just a number some idiot online threw out, his spotify deal with worth way more than 100m, schuab let this slip.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ronnie Coleman was a great one, these are my favorite ones to listen too, legends talking about their war stories. I could sit in a bar and listen to that guy for hours, and come back each week to listen to more. Dude was a fucking beast in 90's.

One thing I love about shows like this, is people seem to drop all the public image BS a bit, and act like regular people. Especially the ones that smoke too much weed, and really loosen up.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Jimmy O. Yang is an actor, stand-up comedian, and writer. Check out his new special "Jimmy O. Yang: Good Deal" available to stream now on Amazon Prime.

I watched his special mentioned above and enjoyed it.
Pretty decent one. The last third is Jimmy talking about his 70 year-old dad hijacking his acting/comedy career. It is both hilarious, and you can tell there is some real "I never got the love and respect of my father" going on here. The episode was worth it just for this perspective.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bill's oddly introspective in the back half of the episode.

I'm glad he doesn't really talk about current events. He does outline in his stammering way a general philosophy about them. Which I can't find great fault in. Althought i'm sure plenty off yall will.

It's a pretty typical burr episode. They talk about cars... joe tries to fuck with him by watching animals eating each other... random bullshit... they smoke cigars. Burr talks about fighting...
Bill's views mirror my own so much it's weird. Before he said it I was thinking in my head like "here he goes..." because Rogan does this where he's like "I'm an idiot, don't listen to me" and then will repeat whatever dumb shit conspiracy theory Eddie Bravo happens to forward him on the group text that morning. But then Burr's like "neither of us fucking know what we're talking about, listen to the CDC and shut up" and I lolled.

Easy to see why he's introspective. He's got kids, and a son especially, he sees the flaws in himself and in society and he wants to be careful with that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But then Burr's like "neither of us fucking know what we're talking about, listen to the CDC and shut up" and I lolled.

Yeah, good call on that one, Bill. The CDC definitely knows what it's talking about..

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty decent one. The last third is Jimmy talking about his 70 year-old dad hijacking his acting/comedy career. It is both hilarious, and you can tell there is some real "I never got the love and respect of my father" going on here. The episode was worth it just for this perspective.
lets be real here

as an asian, i didn't know who this guy was... but i remember i was over a friends house a few years ago and he was watching silicon valley and his retarded china man character came on screen.

i find it hypocritical that he says william huang put asians back 10 years (if you listened to the whole podcast), while he did the same thing collecting a paycheck doing a china man performance.

i mean, thats the only knock i have on the eps, otherwise it was entertaining. i did find it funny how yang tried to talk about asian things and joe is like "BUT WHAT ABOUT WOMYN, THEY HAVE IT BAD TOO!!!"

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Somehow I don’t feel any kind of sadness for the son of a rich sales and finance guy, who got his son into a prestigious internship that would have made him millions, and instead he became a comic and actor and made millions.

What an awful struggle.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, good call on that one, Bill. The CDC definitely knows what it's talking about..
Don't they? Even if they have made mistakes or whatever it is you're referencing specifically here, I think his larger point was that there's a bunch of jerkoff armchair experts who walk around giving people advice as if they are somehow qualified to do that, and to sit there as a comedian or a janitor or an IT guy or whatever making sweeping declarations about something as complex as pandemic virus transmission or whatever the fuck based on a good half hour's research, it's really dumb. Yeah, I know, Joe does that, he hears something once from someone he likes and he gets stuck on those points, just repeating them. It's good when his guests break him out of that rather than just nodding along trying not to fuck up their chance to be on Joe Rogan's podcast again, or too starstruck by Young Jamie to realize that Joe is sitting here spouting off nonsense as if he has some deep, shamanistic understanding that has evaded us normies.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
lets be real here

as an asian, i didn't know who this guy was... but i remember i was over a friends house a few years ago and he was watching silicon valley and his retarded china man character came on screen.

i find it hypocritical that he says william huang put asians back 10 years (if you listened to the whole podcast), while he did the same thing collecting a paycheck doing a china man performance.

i mean, thats the only knock i have on the eps, otherwise it was entertaining. i did find it funny how yang tried to talk about asian things and joe is like "BUT WHAT ABOUT WOMYN, THEY HAVE IT BAD TOO!!!"
Was his performance in Silicon Valley something that asian people found offensive in general? idk, honestly the only asian people I know are Korean and they didn't say anything, if they did, until listening to the podcast I never really thought about it.