The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Schirripa and Imperioli episode was a nice break from the hellhole we're in right now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am excited for this one, I hope it is good.

Steve Schirripa & Michael Imperioli were co-stars on the HBO show The Sopranos, and are now together hosting a re-watch podcast called "Talking Sopranos" that is available now on Apple Podcasts.
like with all podcasts, i just click play (well i ff 5-6minutes first) and i'm like, oh yea, this guy sounds like bobby

whose this other guy, google

christopher? holy shit he's 55

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Bret Weinstein was a biology professor at Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. He is now hosting "Bret Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast" available on Apple Podcasts and YouTube. @Bret Weinstein

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Bret Weinstein was a biology professor at Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. He is now hosting "Bret Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast" available on Apple Podcasts and YouTube. @Bret Weinstein
Half way through and this is pretty fantastic. Bret is great at remaining dispassionate while explaining his views on this craziness and it is interesting watching that in contrast with Rogan being more emotional. Highly recommend this one

EDIT: Finished. Best podcast I've watched in a long time.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

joe is such a retard sometimes...

he actually

legitimately

with a doubt

believes UFC/USADA when they say drugs can stay in your system for months
little-guy002c-big-laugh.gif

yes i watch mma, jon jones is my favorite fighter and he's amazing (not lately... i wonder why), but he's also a piece of shit to the nth degree and pure human garbage, and he 100%... something.

no joe, drugs only stay in your system, at specific times, like when you get busted for testing and if your name is jon jones, and if huge ppv money is on the line.

and he's trying to use this to make another example of human garbage, george floyd, look like an angel.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Drugs can, depending on the drug and the frequency/amount of use. And I think he was pretty clear in previous podcasts about Floyd.

• 2Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Finally, a smart and insightful discussion about the craziness going on around us. Watch or listen to this one.

Two thumbs up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like him a lot, better than his brother. He makes a lot of good points in this podcast. And he says a bunch of dumb shit also. Repeatedly just grouping all protestors together as some kind of marxist movement, that's stupid. He even says at one point "they are raging against this boogieman that they have created" and I don't even know what the fuck he is talking about. The complaints about police brutality are specific. The "defund the police" shit is clear, and the scenario of abolishing the police force isn't a thing that any reasonable person is actually talking about. And rather than address that, he points at the most outlier extremist view, then addresses the whole of the group as if that were representative. That shit's annoying when anyone does that, listening to liberal whiners equate all conservatives as white supremacists etc. And then he seconds Joe's repetition of his idea to give the police institutions that he just called corrupt, militarized, and ineffective more money. What fucking sense does that make?

He's contributing to the very problem he's talking about. "Does Dave Chappelle know what he is supporting?" I think it's more likely that the movement you are talking about is not the same as the movement he is talking about, regardless of whatever overlap there may be between those groups. Again Dave was specific to instances of police brutality/murder/whatever. Whether you agree with Chappelle or not, is there a real person who thinks that when making that special Dave was signalling to some underground anti-science wing of radical marxists? Sometimes people are too smart and they get dumb again. Like with his brother, Eric is so smart he's retarded. This dude rides that line. But I do love when he, quite succintly, sums up the hypocrisy and corruption of the democratic party.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

iannis

Musty Nester
Drugs can, depending on the drug and the frequency/amount of use. And I think he was pretty clear in previous podcasts about Floyd.
Yeah, if they deposit in adipose, which many substances will, they can stay in your system for a long time.

Just look at heavy metal poisoning, lanx. If there is not a good excretory pathway it's gonna stick around a while. My question is, at the concentrations they are able to find with current day testing, does that make a difference in performance? I would bet probably not. It's just a bet, I don't know. How much difference does it make in preparation for the fight/event/performance? Well obviously it makes some difference there. That's the whole point.

Have two divisions. One strictly monitored and one not monitored at all. Some guys want to do it clean, some guys just want to do it best. Same with the fans.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You say a bunch of dumb shit.

Correct, it's only the left.
It isn't only the left talking about the police shit. You don't like it, for whatever reason you have your opinion, and that's cool. But the movement just doesn't mean what he's saying it does and it's a waste of time to sit on a podcast with 90 million listeners pretending like that's a thing. Anyone who just does a cursory search of the phrase can read what it's talking about, and Weinstein is certainly a smart guy who is capable of nuance. For whatever reason, he's just choosing not to and strawmanning with some position no one could reasonably have.

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Whatever man, believe what you want.

It would have been a way, way better conversation if they had spent all that time they spent strawmanning the police reform arguments and instead focused on Eric's point about the ruling class using partisan politics to divide the voter base and ensure their institutions remain in control.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Jocko's awesome. The police thing was a little frustrating, like Jocko starts off that segment by talking about how he understands what people, generally, mean when they talk about this "defund the police" shit,but then for the rest of the discussion keeps referencing some argument about not having police, which isn't what that's about, or "now they just have no police in Minneapolis" which isn't the case.

what's funny is you find it so literally "unbelievable" that you don't think anyone means that when people literally do, in the end you're gonna wind up using a "no true scottsman" style defense

Whatever man, believe what you want.

that's what you're doing so why not everyone else

• 1Solidarity

rad

Lord of Guk
It isn't only the left talking about the police shit. You don't like it, for whatever reason you have your opinion, and that's cool. But the movement just doesn't mean what he's saying it does and it's a waste of time to sit on a podcast with 90 million listeners pretending like that's a thing. Anyone who just does a cursory search of the phrase can read what it's talking about, and Weinstein is certainly a smart guy who is capable of nuance. For whatever reason, he's just choosing not to and strawmanning with some position no one could reasonably have.

You think the majority of people in Minneapolis wanted to defund the police?

Multiple examples unfolding real-time and you choose to still bury your head in the sand.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You think the majority of people in Minneapolis wanted to defund the police?

Multiple examples unfolding real-time and you choose to still bury your head in the sand.
I think the majority want police reform, and I think that's what they've been told they're getting. Whether that actually happens or not, idk, we will see.

I don't know what you read, what I read the city council people who voted for it say was that they would be reallocating responsibilities and funds to other resources in the city to deal with specific issues that police shouldn't have been handling in the first place. Maybe you have some secret insight, I just read what they said.

• 1Picard

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
wait... are you saying the black lives matter movement is using confusing messaging?

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The left as a whole has confusing messaging, it's weird, they can never get their shit together like the right can. Plenty of smart people, I'm sure they work hard, they just can't get right. Either that or it's all a game and none of it matters and the system is a lie and they're all just playing out parts, kneeling in their stupid scarves or whatever other nonsense they will do next to keep motherfuckers all spun up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The left as a whole has confusing messaging, it's weird, they can never get their shit together like the right can. Plenty of smart people, I'm sure they work hard, they just can't get right. Either that or it's all a game and none of it matters and the system is a lie and they're all just playing out parts, kneeling in their stupid scarves or whatever other nonsense they will do next to keep motherfuckers all spun up.
If they had one unified message they would not be able to pander to everyone with a cause, well most everyone.