The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

iannis

Musty Nester
I just can't fathom him moving to a state without legal weed.

He's rich. He'll fly to a legal state, stock up, keep it in the house, and just pay the occasional shakedown fine. Or hire a courier.

That is 100% his plan.

Texas cops ain't gonna come search his house for a few pounds of weed. Even if they know it's there. Property rights being sancrosanct is why he wants to go.

He's comin to texas. I think what that means is that JRE episodes are going to be less frequent on spotify than they are on youtube, but he'll also have a lot less filler with guys from the comedy store that he's trying to signal boost. It'll probably move back to a little more what it was for a few years, with a wide range of people but only a couple of them a month.

The most surprising thing to me is in one of those episodes he mentioned that he's going to rebuild the studio. He must straight out own the property in california. He only built that thing like last year, and he's already willing to abandon it. That dude has -cash money-.

God damn though it's a stereotype. The repercussions of ill considered government start to effect his life directly so he flees to a place where his money will protect him. I do not blame the dude personally at all. It's the only sensible thing to do. But christ, what a stereotype.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know about that. I'm sure the authorities in Texas don't give a shit about him smoking weed in the privacy of his house, but if he's doing it on the podcast they might look at that as rubbing their face in it and make an example of him. I don't think the episodes where he smokes pot are the best episodes anyway, but it would be a pretty significant change to the podcast if he couldn't do it or at least had to pretend that he wasn't.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, but he doesn't podcast from his house.

He might keep the studio clean. It might just be whiskey instead. Or he might Tommy Chong it up!

I think Joe is enough of a dudebro that he won't be hassled as long as he's willing to be respectful.

All the white privilege. All of it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Weed is already decriminalized in most metro areas in Texas. No one gives a shit about weed anymore. Willie Nelson has been openly taking the pot in Texas for 50 years now. They won't be fucking with Rogan if he comes to Texas. At all. They'll be too busy gloating that he fled Cali.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think it's more complicated than that. For instance, both Jocko and I were in the same branch of the military.
Navy Seals are the absolute biggest prima donnas in the world. They are literally that spoiled rich kid whose parents give them everything he could possibly want and never do anything to teach them how to be a proper human.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Navy Seals are the absolute biggest prima donnas in the world. They are literally that spoiled rich kid whose parents give them everything he could possibly want and never do anything to teach them how to be a proper human.
Yup. I wouldn't challenge most of them to a fight, but they're not the Gods of War that hollywood makes them out to be. Not anymore, at least.

Shout out to Combat Controllers & PJs ;)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
God damn though it's a stereotype. The repercussions of ill considered government start to effect his life directly so he flees to a place where his money will protect him. I do not blame the dude personally at all. It's the only sensible thing to do. But christ, what a stereotype.
Government that his lefty ass voted for and likely will again in Texas.

If he does, I wouldn't mind a return to his format circa '14-'15ish. It seemed like he only did 1-2 podcasts a week. Sure, he had the occasional one with his really good friends (Bert, Brian, etc.), but his guests seemed a lot more diverse. The constant stream of comedians and influencer types is getting old. Plus, most of them are done while Joe is stoned to the gills, so they are incoherent messes. The only podcasts where Joe gets blasted, but I still find myself enjoying the discussions, are the ones he does with Duncan. Some of the philosophical and "deep" subjects they bring up on those are oddly enthralling.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yup. I wouldn't challenge most of them to a fight, but they're not the Gods of War that hollywood makes them out to be. Not anymore, at least.

Shout out to Combat Controllers & PJs ;)

Yeah. I think Jocko is probably the only one of his type. That dude has gone completely in. There's no part of him that isn't committed to it as his identity. And that kind of single minded committment actually -can- be inspiring, especially since the guy is not an idiot. When an idiot does it you're like "well, yeah... but what's your other option?" It's still impressive, but it's more impressive if it is one of multiple alternative.

And I really liked that one seal he had on that was like "yeah, fuck that noise, and fuck jocko's religious devotion to this crap. I love and respect the guy... but you know what? Fuck that. Fuck the ocean. I did my time." Somehow I feel like that's 80% of seals. lol.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah. I think Jocko is probably the only one of his type. That dude has gone completely in. There's no part of him that isn't committed to it as his identity. And that kind of single minded committment actually -can- be inspiring, especially since the guy is not an idiot. When an idiot does it you're like "well, yeah... but what's your other option?" It's still impressive, but it's more impressive if it is one of multiple alternative.

And I really liked that one seal he had on that was like "yeah, fuck that noise, and fuck jocko's religious devotion to this crap. I love and respect the guy... but you know what? Fuck that. Fuck the ocean. I did my time." Somehow I feel like that's 80% of seals. lol.
I've met a lot of seals, devgru, eod, etc dudes. They run the gamet. Clearly, Jocko has built his thing into an identity, and he must be making a fortune off this. And he has a positive philosophy about accountability, which is awesome. A little bit of sef-importance isn't all that bad, all things considered.

But, yeah man, i bet all those fantasy fucktard wannabes you see wearing that tactical shit out in the world just jerk it till its raw over Jocko's dramatic renditions of combat scenarios.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Many years ago, I worked in the mall of America and kiddy corner to my store was this steak restaurant. The manager owuld always wander over on his breaks just to get away from the idiots that worked for him. Anyway, one day he lets skip that he's an ex Navy seal and everyone is like, WHOA REALLY? and he immediately rolls his eyes. "Oh stop hero worshipping. Navy seals are all morons. Every single one of them. The only reason I made it through training was because I was too stupid and too arrogant to quit."
He was a pretty cool dude. He DID say that once he actually got through the meat of it all, it was pretty cool being a seal. His CO would organize training ops that basically became vacations. They'd get airdropped onto some island in the middle of the ocean and just fish for a week until the choppers came back for them

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'll wait to hear what others say. I like the guy in small doses, but he's always "ON" and preachy and it gets exhausting.
so far he's not wordy, he wasn't memorable enough the last time and he's not really memorable enough now...

i'm still waiting for joe to bring up Trump and he's gonna go all jogger

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I thought it was pretty good. He also said he voted for Trump last time and probably will again. Very rational, clear headed guy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Government that his lefty ass voted for and likely will again in Texas.

If he does, I wouldn't mind a return to his format circa '14-'15ish. It seemed like he only did 1-2 podcasts a week. Sure, he had the occasional one with his really good friends (Bert, Brian, etc.), but his guests seemed a lot more diverse. The constant stream of comedians and influencer types is getting old. Plus, most of them are done while Joe is stoned to the gills, so they are incoherent messes. The only podcasts where Joe gets blasted, but I still find myself enjoying the discussions, are the ones he does with Duncan. Some of the philosophical and "deep" subjects they bring up on those are oddly enthralling.
if he moves to texas most of his shitty comedian friends won't be able to afford to follow him

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like Colion Noir, from what I've seen of him. I have the same criticism of his talk as I had with Jocko, propping up this strawman idea of widespread anarchy is dumb, hearing a UFC commentator/comedian talk again about how only pussies wear masks or whatever, dude clearly needs to have Bill Burr come on more regularly to take the wind out of his ego.

But, I liked most of what they have to say. I grew up super anti-gun and changed over time, and I agree with his idea that 2nd amendment support should not be a partisan issue, and I love anyone who is a true enthusiast the way this dude is, especially about technical hobbies like that.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
strawman idea of widespread anarchy is dumb

giphy.gif

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jre 1497 joe shilling

dumb kickboxer, don't bother, his jres are worthless

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I like Colion Noir, from what I've seen of him. I have the same criticism of his talk as I had with Jocko, propping up this strawman idea of widespread anarchy is dumb, hearing a UFC commentator/comedian talk again about how only pussies wear masks or whatever, dude clearly needs to have Bill Burr come on more regularly to take the wind out of his ego.

But, I liked most of what they have to say. I grew up super anti-gun and changed over time, and I agree with his idea that 2nd amendment support should not be a partisan issue, and I love anyone who is a true enthusiast the way this dude is, especially about technical hobbies like that.

Joe was kidding about the masks are for pussies thing. He even laughed after he said it. And yeah, I liked that Noir guy. I felt like Joe was on the verge of calling Bill Maher a dipshit in that episode, but maybe that's me projecting.

I didn't mind the dumbass kickboxer either. I did only listen to half of it but his thrust is "don't pretend like this shit never happens. This shit happens." Yeah, that's fair. He can pick a few a day out of many thousands of interactions but it is an important thing to keep in mind. That shit does happen.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, he said he was joking, but he's said a lot of similar shit that Burr just didn't happen to be there to expose as retarded. It's the same thing as the police thing, he points at a caricature of an action of point of view and might be kind of jokey joking, but will then turn onto some sincerity shit. It's dumb. He's criticized Maher before, also, I think (or at least hope) that given that these people all know each other and relate via comedy. So Kyle Dunnigan makes fun of him, so what. Maher's an incredibly rich, famous, successful guy. If a random comic doing an impression makes you that upset, you might be a pussy.

I only watched part of the kickboxer dude, idk who he is but I'm not an MMA guy.