The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I felt like Joe was on the verge of calling Bill Maher a dipshit in that episode, but maybe that's me projecting.

I liked that he called out the fact that Mahr has 250 shills in the audience for every show. That's my number one pet peeve about the show. When somebody makes a good point vs. Mahr he just makes a joke, looks at the audience, they go crazy whether the joke is funny or not, and then he changes the subject and I imagine choking him through my TV screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, he said he was joking, but he's said a lot of similar shit that Burr just didn't happen to be there to expose as retarded. It's the same thing as the police thing, he points at a caricature of an action of point of view and might be kind of jokey joking, but will then turn onto some sincerity shit. It's dumb. He's criticized Maher before, also, I think (or at least hope) that given that these people all know each other and relate via comedy. So Kyle Dunnigan makes fun of him, so what. Maher's an incredibly rich, famous, successful guy. If a random comic doing an impression makes you that upset, you might be a pussy.

I only watched part of the kickboxer dude, idk who he is but I'm not an MMA guy.
he's a kickboxer that is horrible at mma and never transitioned, hes not just horrible at mma, he's in bellator (the minor leagues) and his loss record was greater than his wins b4 he gave up.

i think he's a shill for bellator now or something.

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean someone has to lose. I don't think it's a giant fault that you're the guy with more losses than wins. He still put in the work and showed up to the fight. As long as he wasn't being paid to lose. And he made a few comments about judges that make me think he doesn't feel like he did lose at least some of his fights.

It sounds like he's a coach. Got himself a psychotic prison knife fighter or something.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I was kind of disappointed in Jon Stewart. I guess I was expecting him to say something profound and he even said early in the podcast "people expect me to say something profound". Just seemed like a not particularly well informed liberal so maybe it's good that he's retired. It was also only a little over an hour long which I imagine was at his request but I didn't mind because he wasn't really being funny or talking about anything that interesting IMO.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lol nevermind it was joe schilling

dude I was so excited to hear him talk about kingdoms of amalaur

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I would love to hear Curt talk about his adventures in the gaming industry but I don't think Joe would be the guy to do the interview. There would be a lot of "Orc? WTF is an orc?"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was also only a little over an hour long which I imagine was at his request but I didn't mind because he wasn't really being funny or talking about anything that interesting IMO.
joe has 1hr podcasts when ppl come on only to promo their new book/movie

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
I was kind of disappointed in Jon Stewart. I guess I was expecting him to say something profound and he even said early in the podcast "people expect me to say something profound". Just seemed like a not particularly well informed liberal so maybe it's good that he's retired. It was also only a little over an hour long which I imagine was at his request but I didn't mind because he wasn't really being funny or talking about anything that interesting IMO.

I've listened to him give talks after he quit the show. He didn't say anything different than he has in those other venues. I don't even hate what he's saying, but the class of people that would be invested with authority in which to accomplish his goals are the same class that he's railing about being abusive. So I mean, I don't fault his ideals. Making that a practical reality though... I've got deep reservations.

It's kinda like.. yeah, I really do agree it would be cool if it worked that way. But it don't. And every time it's tried all it does is make shit even worse for a while. He kind of forgets that the middle class white america built for itself in the 50's was a direct consequence of winning a war. And losing just about 1/5th of the viable male workforce and absolutely decimated any of our competition. I mean there's a lot of bad shit that you would never wish on the current generation led to that success.

I do like that he goes to bat for emergency workers and veterans. He really goes to bat for them, he doesn't just treat it like his "i'm famous" charity.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
he very subtly called out all the BLM pandering as well. i'm guessing he didn't get specific with it because he didn't want any backlash from it, but he was like, it's time to stop all these symbolic gestures and do something that will ACTUALLY help.

though, just like EVERYONE else, he just mentioned hypotheticals. people LOVE to rail against all the problems and yell for change but no one knows how to MAKE change.

well, change that is beneficial. defunding the police would sure be a change, but it's not going to have any positive effects.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've listened to him give talks after he quit the show. He didn't say anything different than he has in those other venues. I don't even hate what he's saying, but the class of people that would be invested with authority in which to accomplish his goals are the same class that he's railing about being abusive. So I mean, I don't fault his ideals. Making that a practical reality though... I've got deep reservations.

It's kinda like.. yeah, I really do agree it would be cool if it worked that way. But it don't. And every time it's tried all it does is make shit even worse for a while. He kind of forgets that the middle class white america built for itself in the 50's was a direct consequence of winning a war. And losing just about 1/5th of the viable male workforce and absolutely decimated any of our competition. I mean there's a lot of bad shit that you would never wish on the current generation led to that success.

I do like that he goes to bat for emergency workers and veterans. He really goes to bat for them, he doesn't just treat it like his "i'm famous" charity.
Yeah, the 50s also didn't have many women in the workforce either. Shocking, it's almost as if labor has more value if there is less of it. I bet Jon loves the idea of H1B and DACA though!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't really think it's the job of Jon Stewart or Joe Rogan to formulate and distribute policy proposals for fundamental changes to parts of society. They are just two guys with a platform saying "Hey, shit's fucked up." That's a good thing. We keep electing these people who are supposed to be doing the actual work.

Stewart was fine. I liked when he started to say that fat people can be healthy too and Joe was like nah, not at all. Both because it was funny and because listened to what Joe said and responded, idk, nice to see people disagree but come away with an understanding. Joe is frustrating with the way he's different with different people, but that is Joe. I liked that they talked about reparations in a non-retarded way. And the defunding the police stuff, better at least.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jre 1500

old greta thunberg with a degree

she says china is better at using market forces to pollute less than America...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's not what she said. She said that China is better at using market forces to incentivize companies to mitigate existing carbon or pollute less, essentially putting a price on carbon which she stated that America has not done as effectively. I don't know if she's wrong or not but she lays out what she meant pretty clearly.

If your pussy's not hurt, 1500 is one of the best in a long time. She talks about the social impact of industries denying the impact they have on society. Everything from slavery to radium to the financial markets and climate change. The radium stuff was pretty gross and shocking.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
you-talk-like-5c5122.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
That's not what she said. She said that China is better at using market forces to incentivize companies to mitigate existing carbon or pollute less, essentially putting a price on carbon which she stated that America has not done as effectively. I don't know if she's wrong or not but she lays out what she meant pretty clearly.

If your pussy's not hurt, 1500 is one of the best in a long time. She talks about the social impact of industries denying the impact they have on society. Everything from slavery to radium to the financial markets and climate change. The radium stuff was pretty gross and shocking.
I think it may be an overly kind view of China and the effectiveness of their policy. What she said is true, the next question to ask is "what effect does that have?". Much less than you would hope or maybe even expect.

But yeah, it was a good episode.