The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I totally get it. I was someone who early on knew that kids wasn't something I ever really wanted in life. At 33 (my girlfriend was 36), we froze embryos as an "insurance" policy in case I ever came around. I can tell that she'd be a phenomenal mother - based on how she interacts with my nieces and nephews. However, I have such a hard time wanting to bring a child into 2020 America, especially since he'd be a white male.

Bitch move.

Pump her full of kids, or let her die alone years after you full of regrets

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I don't like Joe's new studio, too large and cold. Needs to be smaller and more intimate, like a phone booth.

• 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Sure, The Joe Rogan Experience commands an exceptionally large following and a growing currency of cultural influence, but Rogan’s radical free speech orientation and “freethinking” ideology have consistently courted controversy in the past. In particular, observers were curious to see how Spotify would navigate issues around misinformation and hate speech, the latter being a concept that Rogan himself has a history of actively interrogating in terms of its relationship with free speech.

• 1WTF

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I swear to Kek that everyone who runs this shit are complete fucking morons that have no clue about anything UNLESS Spotify is actually trying to slow/minimize what they perceive as his influence and audience. If Spotify is not trying to sabotage Joe's Show then they are run by idiots who have no idea what they were actually buying and only looked at the numbers.

It's mind bottling.

Edit: and how the fuck does Joe not have clauses in his contract about non-interference? Shit makes no sense.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Think about it, society is as the point where "radical free speech" is written as a bad thing.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Rogan stated over and over that Spotify has no creative control over his podcast, no input, nothing, they are just a distribution arm. That article may be right in a lot of things but the point where it talks about his apology thing is dumb. He fucks up all the time and apologizes for it, and openly states that he will no doubt fuck up again but he's trying. I couldn't count the number of times I've heard him say that he fucked something up. The only reason that I think he did that one any differently is, from his own mouth, he has realized that his audience is so large that the things he says have consequence and for the longest time he really didn't. Maybe Joe is lying and he sold out for fuck-you money that he already had, but I really doubt it.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, the idea that Spotify would blow up their contract and lose Rogan in order to try and institute creative control that they know he won't go for, I am not a betting man but I would not bet money on that position.

He already had fuck you money. Now he has a mission with his "Austin comedy hub" thing. He could abandon JRE, start a new podcast tomorrow and be just as well off. I just don't understand all the doomsaying.

Except for the studio, that shit is a hot garbage pile.

• 1Garbage

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
aren't there episodes that still haven't migrated over? they're already influencing the show, the way it works is they just grind you down bit by bit, one tiny compromise after another, they've basically already influenced the show cause joe will be mindful about all this stuff

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah but none of us know what happened with those episodes, it's all neckbeard conjecture.

Joe should be mindful, he has a gigantic platform and there's responsibility with that. But he was already doing that before Spotify. I'd like to see some actual, confirmed instances of Spotify interfering in the show before putting on my "THE END IS NIGH" sandwich board sign.

Joe has told us, over and over, why he did the deal. He doesn't need that cash from Spotify, he wanted it to jump start his world domination plans for his Austin comedy scene. He doesn't have to give in to them, so why is everyone just acting as if he already has?

• 1Garbage

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Joe should be mindful, he has a gigantic platform

If you want to ruin the show that's a good first step, I mean Rogans specifically said multiple times that not thinking about it is what let's him be creative with the show and how getting into your own head and playing it safe is a big detriment, from his own mouth.

also lol "we have no idea why these episodes were singled out"

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, we don't know even if they were singled out.

If you think a person being mindful of their influence is the first step to ruin, I guess whatever, go with god bro.

• 1Garbage

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
If you think a person being mindful of their influence is the first step to ruin

Rogans said that himself on more than 1 occasion that doing exactly that would make the show worse

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think you are misapplying his words. Introspection and recognition of reality is an important thing. There's a difference between getting in your own head and being afraid to address controversial subjects because of the outcry, and worrying about saying straight up false shit because you got hoodwinked from fake news.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I think you are misapplying his words. Introspection and recognition of reality is an important thing. There's a difference between getting in your own head and being afraid to address controversial subjects because of the outcry, and worrying about saying straight up false shit because you got hoodwinked from fake news.

I think you're the one whose misapplying words, I'm saying he'll be less controversial and less inclined to do controversial topics because that's exactly what the woke people go after and they'll try to influence him by going through Spotify, which is a leverage point that never existed before.

like you say he never had a problem correcting things he thought were mistakes in the past, so that has nothing really to do with it. event that point though "being mindful" will also curtail the show because it does have a chilling effect to be extra careful and put in vetting processes when he was more willing to dive into topics and even say stupid shit, less spontaneity, less creativity.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
When there's actually a chilling effect, then let's talk about that rather than all the maybes, could bes, might bes etc. So far the show is exactly the same show, he is the same person, it's just being done on a bad set with some kind of weird camera shit going on.

• 1Garbage

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
joe will never give creative control to spotify, that pretty much goes against his podcast. joe will never take "direction" b/c he's been through that with his shitty news radio show

and he should be smart enough to realize that "fact checkers" don't check facts

he's had several episodes with crowder where crowder had to bring on his own producer to "bring that up" cuz we know jaime is shit

Mandriana

Yes, it's clearly just a weird co-incidence that the vast majority of the episodes that didn't get transferred are with personalities that have been censored or deleted from multiple platforms for being "problematic." Clearly, also just a weird co-incidence that he back pedaled on factual information about California/Washington/Oregon arson, right after the left shit their pants over it, and went after Spotify (him). He needs to bring Andy Ngo or Tim Poole back on to school him on it, so he can make an apology about his apology. His apologies and backtracking on factual shit that happens in Washington and Oregon is old hat.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He backtracked on a very specific claim that was false, and he did it the day after the podcast was released with the claim in it. It isn't a weird coincidence that a person apologized for fucking something up after they fucked it up.

As far as the episodes go, idk, if your theory is that Joe allowed Spotify to put those on ice for money he doesn't need in order to satisfy oversight that Spotify doesn't have, for reasons your can't articulate, it just sounds like nonsense. But hey, maybe it's true. None of us know.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like