The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm seeing a lot of reasons affirming my decision to not watch the comedian episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Cam Haines episode sucked too. Everyone is just talking about how great Joe is and how they view their own successes and fame and being a motivation speaker blah blah blah

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
so instead i should just listen to the latest jre w/ a woman who is only considered a comedian by association cuz shes seguras wife

or maybe just dont listen to any JREs with these D-list comedians.

this is pathetic contrived drama

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last good episode was probably Bobby Green on April 13th... and that didn't even get good until Bobby brought his manager/trainer into the room an hour into the podcast to talk about his jail experiences. Been a lot of boring bullshit, repeat guest appearances lately.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am enjoying Lex Friedman a lot more than JRE these days. His guests almost always deliver some incredible content. They go deep and it is always smart & interesting topics. Here are two from just in the past week that were awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I listened to 3 Lex podcasts and I couldn't stand it. He's a terrible interviewer and he reminded me of Between two Ferns, only on accident. I remember thinking "Maybe he'll be better in a couple years".

MeatEater is my go-to podcast when nothing good is on JRE. I mainly like that it's the only podcast that intentionally steers away from politics. Anything with Yannis the Latvian Eagle telling stories is awesome.

Also the "Mapscaping" podcast, but not exactly broad appeal.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I listened to 3 Lex podcasts and I couldn't stand it. He's a terrible interviewer and he reminded me of Between two Ferns, only on accident. I remember thinking "Maybe he'll be better in a couple years".

MeatEater is my go-to podcast when nothing good is on JRE. I mainly like that it's the only podcast that intentionally steers away from politics. Anything with Yannis the Latvian Eagle telling stories is awesome.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the Glenn Lourey one simply because Glenn is amazing to listen to and Lex's format gives Glenn basically carte blanche to deep dive for 3 1/2 hours.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Friedman is similar to mark maron in that he’s not entertaining at all but somehow got huge and can get pretty much any guest, some of which are entertaining enough to carry the show. It works though since it ends with me listening to some of his podcasts.

• 1Like

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider

Out of curiosity, why do you find Lex to be a terrible interviewer?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Out of curiosity, why do you find Lex to be a terrible interviewer?

He doesnt have a good intuition for asking questions that could lead to new interesting discussions.

All his interviews sound like he's reading 90% of his questions off index cards

Last edited:
  • 3Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Glenn loury, Russ Roberts, Jocko Willink, Michael malice, Tim Pool with the occasional Lex, Ben Shapiro, crowder, Rogan and Dave rubin used to my go-to for politics, economics and society. But I don't have time for all that these days, but I try to get 1 of each in here and there.

I wish I could find a lefty that's not an insufferable twat, Jimmy Dore is the closest, but he's pretty insufferable.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Glenn loury, Russ Roberts, Jocko Willink, Michael malice, Tim Pool with the occasional Lex, Ben Shapiro, crowder, Rogan and Dave rubin used to my go-to for politics, economics and society. But I don't have time for all that these days, but I try to get 1 of each in here and there.

I wish I could find a lefty that's not an insufferable twat, Jimmy Dore is the closest, but he's pretty insufferable.
a lefty would be rogan, aside from 2a and trannys beating up women he's left, just not far left

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

"Breaking Points" is pretty good for a reasonable left perspective, but I deleted it when Sager was congratulating Biden on his Afghanistan pullout successes

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We saved $45b a year getting out of Afganistan, then we send $40b to Ukraine. I think our politicians hate Americans.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
We saved $45b a year getting out of Afganistan, then we send $40b to Ukraine. I think our politicians hate Americans.
first time GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I am enjoying Lex Friedman a lot more than JRE these days. His guests almost always deliver some incredible content. They go deep and it is always smart & interesting topics. Here are two from just in the past week that were awesome.

so i was like ok lemme try this mono tone dude...
most recent podcast

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've noticed something interesting over the past few days catching up on some select (non-comedian non-mma) Rogan podcasts.

Rogan outright plagiarizes ideas from his guests. I listened to one, don't remember which, then listened to the Gad Saad one, and heard Rogan spout an idea as if it were his own, when I just heard his previous guest say it TO Rogan. Then, I listened to the Hotep Jesus one, and he outright claims Gad Saad's words/ideas as his own when he's talking about how he's "an ideas guy, not a right/left repub/dem guy." No credit given to either previous person for their ideas and/or words.

I wonder how long he's done this, and why nobody has noticed and called him out for it (to my limited knowledge).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We all learn our ideas from other people. Original thinkers are pretty rare in history.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I've noticed something interesting over the past few days catching up on some select (non-comedian non-mma) Rogan podcasts.

Rogan outright plagiarizes ideas from his guests. I listened to one, don't remember which, then listened to the Gad Saad one, and heard Rogan spout an idea as if it were his own, when I just heard his previous guest say it TO Rogan. Then, I listened to the Hotep Jesus one, and he outright claims Gad Saad's words/ideas as his own when he's talking about how he's "an ideas guy, not a right/left repub/dem guy." No credit given to either previous person for their ideas and/or words.

I wonder how long he's done this, and why nobody has noticed and called him out for it (to my limited knowledge).
I would say he gives credit fairly frequently. Also consider how many hours of conversations he is having with different people every week. A lot of who said what I am sure blends together.

• 1Like