The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I tried watching the Elon Musk episode a couple of months ago, pretty much the last one I watched. It seems like it's the platform more than anything, but the clips are still on youtube and I don't watch them either. Too many new changes at once maybe. And I still hate the set, it's a bad set.

Chris

Potato del Grande
the Spotify move was also the same time as the LA->Austin move. Lack of good episodes isn't 100% because of moving to spotify.
I would assume that Silicon valley/Hollywood being in California would lead to a lot more interesting people just so happening to be in or reasonably near LA to do a podcast?

People are going to have to go to Austin specifically to see him right? Put pandemic travel restrictions on top of that and it's a recipie for disaster.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I would assume that Silicon valley/Hollywood being in California would lead to a lot more interesting people just so happening to be in or reasonably near LA to do a podcast?

People are going to have to go to Austin specifically to see him right? Put pandemic travel restrictions on top of that and it's a recipie for disaster.
I wouldn't say "interesting people", but more well known celebs for sure.

Theo Von had some random trucker lady on because her son is a fan of the show and wrote in to tell Theo his mom is a character and he should have her on. THAT is an interesting person. Most of the celebs that are still in Cali are boring. People doing press tours are usually boring. Celebs like Trent Reznor are tje interesting ones imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wouldn't say "interesting people", but more well known celebs for sure.

Theo Von had some random trucker lady on because her son is a fan of the show and wrote in to tell Theo his mom is a character and he should have her on. THAT is an interesting person. Most of the celebs that are still in Cali are boring. People doing press tours are usually boring. Celebs like Trent Reznor are tje interesting ones imo.
it was probably better for the podcast that joe moved away from his shit tier comedy store friends, so they can't just drop by and shit up an entire podcast w/ their unfunnyness

besides, it's not like joe moved to some bum fuck rural place, he moved to faggot austin land, which is a major airplane hub that anyone can fly to and uber to the jre studio...

if you want fame and fortune and joe invites you to the jre, youre gonna fucking go

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It was like that, is it still now? It's their #1 podcast so one would assume it still is, but they also don't release specific numbers on podcasts. And comedian podcasts were always the ones with fewer views except for certain standouts.

I think being in Austin makes it more difficult for people on the standard publicity tour to work his show in, but the other guests not really, and he mentioned before flying guests out so it is a thing he at least has done in some cases for the guests who aren't baller status kajillionaires.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was like that, is it still now? It's their #1 podcast so one would assume it still is, but they also don't release specific numbers on podcasts. And comedian podcasts were always the ones with fewer views except for certain standouts.

I think being in Austin makes it more difficult for people on the standard publicity tour to work his show in, but the other guests not really, and he mentioned before flying guests out so it is a thing he at least has done in some cases for the guests who aren't baller status kajillionaires.
801a017d88eba08ca75db353eeeefbce.png

tim poole said b4 he did the episode with jre and twitter, he flew out not once but twice to jre, only for rogan to cancel him b/c rogan had better guests those 2 times, this was on his own dime.

• 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
If I was Joe Rogan I would fuck with Tim too. He's more of a last resort guest. Nobody gives a shit that he videotapes stuff that is happening in streets that any person with a phone can do.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If I was Joe Rogan I would fuck with Tim too. He's more of a last resort guest. Nobody gives a shit that he videotapes stuff that is happening in streets that any person with a phone can do.
He doesn't even do that anymore. He basically reports on "what's on the internet today"

Sterling

El Presidente
I've only watched a few of his clips on Youtube since he switched platforms. I know people are worked up about him being a sellout or whatever, but I just never was that invested in him outside of watching some episodes when he had an interesting guest,

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've been using spotify for years so the switch didn't bother me at all. He's had some great guests since the move. For example the episode with moxie marlinspike is one of my favorites, and the recent elon musk one was excellent.

The journalist who made trafficked was also great.

On the other hand the recent ep with Eric Weinstein was a train wreck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't take Eric Weinstein. Brett is okay in small doses.

• 1Solidarity

Kiki

Log Wizard
I've been using spotify for years so the switch didn't bother me at all. He's had some great guests since the move. For example the episode with moxie marlinspike is one of my favorites, and the recent elon musk one was excellent.

The journalist who made trafficked was also great.

I have spotify premium, so my problem is that I get ads trying to watch him. Haven't gone back since.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep. Joe went full cunt-mode, questioning and disagreeing with every single thing Eric would say. He stopped thinking or listening to anything Eric was saying and just went into full attack/disagreement mode. Then, when he realized he was contradicting himself from what he was saying 5 minutes ago, he tries to go off on tangent subjects. So fucking frustrating.

And as for Eric? The guy is feeling himself a bit too much. He thinks he is a JRE insider now. He stopped trying to be an interesting guest a few appearances ago and is just skating by on "We are best buddies now, right?" He just needs to go away for a year or two.

Joe does this every month or so, totally shitting all over a guest. The Whole Food guy was the last one I remember. I just need to learn to turn it off when he pulls this shit.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That clip has me fucking dead. I haven't listened to JRE since probably right around the beginning of January, but that shit is comedy gold.
Probably one of the best edit jobs that I have seen in a long time. Certainly better than anything the Demonrats and MSM have put forward the last few years.

• 1Like