The Kansas City BBQ "get-together and pig out" thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I am still. North of the river these days.

How long are you staying?

Crown Center...I'm not sure if I've ever walked around down there. If you go south from there, there's some BBQ but I am not sure if I would walk around Linwood & Main (but there's a Gates right there).

To the North there's a Jack Stack @ the Freighthouse District, and I think there's a pedestrian bridge that you can walk across from the Union Station area. But I'm not sure how to get to that bridge, walking around Union Station, from Crown Center.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I am still. North of the river these days.

How long are you staying?

Crown Center...I'm not sure if I've ever walked around down there. If you go south from there, there's some BBQ but I am not sure if I would walk around Linwood & Main (but there's a Gates right there).

To the North there's a Jack Stack @ the Freighthouse District, and I think there's a pedestrian bridge that you can walk across from the Union Station area. But I'm not sure how to get to that bridge, walking around Union Station, from Crown Center.
I fly back home Thursday. We're doing a pub crawl tonight

Attachments

• PXL_20230606_231220545.jpg
    PXL_20230606_231220545.jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So if you're mobile and have wheels, and you feel like making yourself sick on BBQ tomorrow

- there's a Gates off of the same street as that Arthur Bryants (north of 70 a couple of blocks, instead of south of 70)
- "Kansas City Joes" though I will always call it Oklahoma Joes. This is the gas station location. 47th and Mission. Regime would probably tell you to get a Z-Man sandwich
- Slaps over in KCK.
- I like Hawg Jaw but that's more NKC

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks fella!

We just ended up at some dom floozie joint called the green lady. This ain't my style. The bathroom is gender neutral, so I'm gonna piss on the seat and head out

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks fella!

We just ended up at some dom floozie joint called the green lady. This ain't my style. The bathroom is gender neutral, so I'm gonna piss on the seat and head out
did you see the faggot bathroom at mci?
808ba181be76314458b5ce636e3a38b9.png

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Thanks fella!

No idea what that place is. Jazz?

I fucking hate jazz.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Great trip, great fucking city.

Only bad part is this fucking Uber driver taking us back to the airport. Ugliest tranny I've ever seen, sounds like Jack Lemon and thinks he's a fucking comedian. The Jesus stickers all over the car should have clued me in.

Attachments

• PXL_20230608_185935828.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230608_185935828.MP.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Only bad part is this fucking Uber driver taking us back to the airport. Ugliest tranny I've ever seen, sounds like Jack Lemon and thinks he's a fucking comedian. The Jesus stickers all over the car should have clued me in.
you shoulda gone to lawrence, theyre even more progressive there

• 1Clown World

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
LC's has the best bbq sauce in town. OK Joes arguably better overall but LCs wins the sauce game

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
LC's has the best bbq sauce in town. OK Joes arguably better overall but LCs wins the sauce game

You aren't wrong, but I was afraid of sending him too far afield

Closer than BB's I guess

I'm still mildly triggered that Jack Stack replaced their Martin City location.

Bandwagon Bandwagon next time you come give us some advanced notice. I drive a regular cab truck so I can't be a free Uber for too many people, but I'd be better than the Tranny Taxi 5000

I also totally forgot about Jack Stack. Kind of an upscale BBQ place I guess, but it is still pretty good.

I almost suggested Danny Edwards but they close way too fucking early

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You aren't wrong, but I was afraid of sending him too far afield

Closer than BB's I guess

I'm still mildly triggered that Jack Stack replaced their Martin City location.

Bandwagon Bandwagon next time you come give us some advanced notice. I drive a regular cab truck so I can't be a free Uber for too many people, but I'd be better than the Tranny Taxi 5000

I also totally forgot about Jack Stack. Kind of an upscale BBQ place I guess, but it is still pretty good.

I almost suggested Danny Edwards but they close way too fucking early
I'll definitely be back. I may move there some day. ;)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I had an unhealthy relationship with Jack's Stack when I was going to KC for work regularly. If I wasn't traveling with a coworker I would go there every night and get burnt ends.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
On the KC subreddit, there's always someone claiming Buck Tui is a great place for a different spin on BBQ (in northern Overland Park). I went there for my birthday and it was awful. I tried one of their samplers that had 3-4 meats and my wife had ribs and all my stuff was horribly dry, lukewarm, and tasteless. I disliked their mac and cheese (as did my kid). I couldn't understand how anyone liked this place. Mind you, I only eat meat a few occasions a year but I had Jack's Stack about a month after Buck Tui (to make up for it) and it was delicious. The only decent thing was the ribs at Buck Tui and they were pretty fucking small. Even the drinks we had were weak and shit tasting. Can't not recommend it enough.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Joe’s is overall the best for variety however Slaps ribs are on par. Joes original is my go too for my own bbq and it’s the perfect consistency. Best spicy with Night of the living sauce. Great sandwich called the Zman and of course their burnt ends are 🔥.

Slaps has arguably the best ribs. They have a unique wet sauce that is becoming many’s favorite. I prefer thicker but it’s a great watery sauce.

Jackstack is amazing for their beef prime crown rib. Never had anything better when it comes to beef ribs. That is my favorite meal in KC. Their Spicy BBQ is great. Wonderful sides and atmosphere.

Q39 Erronius Erronius took me there years back when it was just opening up. Amazing ribs and a stellar honey BBQ sauce that is still got me wanting more.

Arthur Bryant’s has one of my favorite sauces (top 3) and it’s Sweet Heat presidents sauce. It’s Obama/Bush/Truman etc favorite and it’s great. They started it all with the burnt ends and tailgating. Fantastic place and also their fries are great. One of my favorite fries and I’m glad Bandwagon Bandwagon got to go. I think I got a pic of us eating there in 2005 with the Black Hand commenting on the Leonidas beard.

Gates sauce is unique and wonderful. I love that spicy sauce.

evrrything is good and you gotta change it up. I’ll be there in a few weeks Erronius Erronius

Olathe used to have this place called Bubbas that had a brown sugar crusted rub similar to Central BBQ in Memphis. Man I miss it so much.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Right after I posted this, he spent 5 minutes on speakerphone with someone, talking about a doctor's appt. Then he apologized and spent the next 10 minutes giving my coworker his medical history.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608-141146~2.png
    Screenshot_20230608-141146~2.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys inspired me tonight