The Kansas City BBQ "get-together and pig out" thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ah see I was told it was about 3 hours from both of them but like I said I am unfamiliar with that area. I normally just blow through for work. Well that sucks I could see a weekend trip or two though.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
OKC is the best you're going to get in Oklahoma, so that's good. I'll bet there is good BBQ there, too.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Good to know Joeboo thanks man! I liked what I have seen of OKC so far. There is a pretty great steakhouse right by the hotel i stay at. Cattlemen's in the stockyard district. The only thing they need is a football team in my opinion. Im not a big basketball fan but I find it sunny Seattle moved there and now I am too.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Good to know Joeboo thanks man! I liked what I have seen of OKC so far. There is a pretty great steakhouse right by the hotel i stay at. Cattlemen's in the stockyard district. The only thing they need is a football team in my opinion. Im not a big basketball fan but I find it sunny Seattle moved there and now I am too.
Oh, they have a football team, its the Oklahoma Sooners (Norman is a suburb of OKC). They're more fanatical about football than 90% of NFL cities.

Bricktown in OKC is a damn fun area for eating and drinking. Concerts, sporting events, and about 20-30 bars and restaurants all with a few square blocks.

Bricktown Oklahoma City - Welcome to Bricktown OKC Website

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, they have a football team, its the Oklahoma Sooners (Norman is a suburb of OKC). They're more fanatical about football than 90% of NFL cities.

Bricktown in OKC is a damn fun area for eating and drinking. Concerts, sporting events, and about 20-30 bars and restaurants all with a few square blocks.

Bricktown Oklahoma City - Welcome to Bricktown OKC Website
OKC is fun, but it gets damn hot in the Summer. We spend a week there usually every Summer. They are fanatical about OU, so I wear my UT gear when in town. Last time I did so, some 80 year old guy threatened me with his cane.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What's the dealio with Danny Edwards BBQ? Someone told me it was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, and asked me about it. Never heard of it, and my KC bros haven't ever mentioned it.
It's good. I haven't been there in several years but I used to live in Mission and I've eaten there a number of times. It's one of those places that isn't open on Sundays.

CnCGOD_sl

shitlord
Going to be in KC for work tomorrow (roadshow for our tech) and will be in the Country Club Plaza area. I wanted to try some BBQ and saw a Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue close by. Good choice? Others in that area that are better? Anyone want to grab a beer and some BBQ with me?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jack's Stack is great. It's not a dive like most of the BBQ places though, it's pretty nice family style restaurant but the food is great.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Going to be in KC for work tomorrow (roadshow for our tech) and will be in the Country Club Plaza area. I wanted to try some BBQ and saw a Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue close by. Good choice? Others in that area that are better? Anyone want to grab a beer and some BBQ with me?
Its the only non dive ill consider and has arguably the best ribs in kc unless u go to raytown and get mugged or drive out to okie joes. The plaza jacks seems to be the same quality as the one in overland park too.

Anthony bourdain was like WTF when he first walked in because its all fancy but he left impressed. Hell that whole kc episode was great.

Bryants fries are better then jacks though but get the baked beans.

Okie joes burnt end sandwich if you got time to leave downtown.

Oh and go to the WW1 museum. It's truly one of the best museums i have ever been too. American History smithsonian quailty.

Man I miss that town.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Me, too bro. I think KC is way underrated in some respects.
KC is one of my favorite cities, and I've lived in NYC, Austin and Atlanta. I wish I lived there now, but I need to be near my business, so for now, we'll settle for weekend getaways.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've been talking to some of the KC peeps about going out for drinks on Wednesday, May 21st. PM me if you'll be in town and interested.

when-girls-wear-booty-shorts-a-size-too-small-40456.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If it's something that anyone would be interested in, one of my best friends hosts Geeks Who Drink trivia at Charlie Hoopers in Brookside every Wednesday night. I think the team limit size is 6, so if interest ends up being that or smaller, that might be a fun option. Good place to drink, they have decent food(for a bar), and a couple hours of free entertainment with the possibility of winning some free drinks and gift cards if we're any good. I go down there about once a month, it's a lot of fun. The trivia runs from 7:3pm0 - 10pm or so

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Why does no one else live in the Pacific northwest? This sounds totally fun.
Us west coasters are not overly nice midwesterners like these folks. I think there are quite a few people on the boards who live in the Bay Area and something like this would never be suggested or backed. Buncha assholes.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Feh, I'm going to be in KC on the 17-18th. That trivia sounds fun.
God damnit, I got so buried in finals (and sleeping afterwards) that I forgot to come back and check this thread. If I had I could have tried catching you last weekend.

Bro if I make the 10 hour drive for the BBQ will you 40k with me?
I'd have to look to see what of my 40k stuff isn't still boxed up, but I'd totally get BBQ

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Well, you guys are always invited to St. Louis. BBQ is pretty tricky here, though.

There's a hipster BBQ joint named Pappy's.http://www.pappyssmokehouse.com/
They would deny hipster, but you look at area they set up shop, and there it is. It's decent BBQ, but to me it tasted like the smoke on the meat was kind of 'green'. Either the wood was green, or they went too hot and hard with the smoke.

Or, if you're brave, we can go east-side STL, and get some pig snoots. If you like pork skins, you'll love snoots. Yes, it's the nose of the pig.

They smoke the snoots until they get all the fat rendered out, leaving it crispy and smoked. Then they dunk it in sauce. My main issue is, that I don't care for the sauce. Kinda sweet and runny with not much kick, surprisingly.