The Kansas City BBQ "get-together and pig out" thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Everyone should come to indianapolis so that we can drive to Chicago for real food.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I grew up in lees summit just outside of KC, but never really appreciated good BBQ until I was older. Now that I am old enough to enjoy good food, I'm stuck in Indianapolis where the closest thing to a regional specialty is a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll be in STL next month and I wanted to get some BBQ. Bummer to hear that it's not that great. I might have to check out the hipster place.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I had to go down and pick something up at Graingers for work a couple weeks ago, but I'd never been to Graingers and I was feeling like"Ugh, it's prob in a horrible place that's a PITA to drive to". So I pulled it up on Google Maps...

...and lo and behold, it is LITERALLY right behind Arthur Bryants on 18th st. Needless to say this completely changed my outlook on driving down there to pick up an order.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
We walked in at about 4:50pm and honest to God, there was no wait. None. It might be the first time that's ever happened to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'll be in STL next month and I wanted to get some BBQ. Bummer to hear that it's not that great. I might have to check out the hipster place.
No pig snoots for you, either? That's cool. I think you'd enjoy Pappy's. If you go late in the evening, they start running out of food.

And if you want a fat old man to buy you a beer or coffee, let me know. I'm mostly normal.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And if you want a fat old man to buy you a beer or coffee, let me know. I'm mostly normal.
I could be into that. It'll depend on when I arrive the first night. I'll be with clients the rest of the time. Internet dudes would probably be frowned upon.