The King Henry Tapes (By Me!)

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Sup rerolled bros, still working on the FM6 monster. Changed the title to THE PIT OF NO RETURN. Up to over 150k words written for the year. Dealing with the Fresno summer has slowed me down somewhat, but down to seven and a half chapters left to write. Can see the finish line at the very least. Hoping to have it released in Nov/Dec, so beta reading will probably be late Oct/Early Nov. 700/800 page book written and edited in a year, be quite an accomplishment if I do manage it. Plus, ya know, hopefully it will be good too...

Malkav

French Madman
Keep up the good work Neb. Just finished rereading the whole thing last week. Can't wait to be in 6 months to know what's next.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Recommending the series to anyone that will listen
smile.png

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Thought you fucktards could abandon me on the old board, did ya?

So, super long time, but not always active board member, wrote an Urban Fantasy series called the King Henry Tapes, published it digitally, and hey, what you know, I'm a moderately successful, very minor league author now.

Still writing book six at the moment, just put up the first sample chapter on the blog: Just R.R.: FM6 (The Pit of No Return) Sample Chapter: School Story

5 chapters left to write, then edit and beta reading time. Nov/Dec for release prob.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Neb, thanks for the update! Stumbled into this thread tired and ready for bed. I liked the sample chapter, but now I'm really ready for bed.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
2 chapters left to write, still aiming for December. Had to split a chapter in two, so got slowed down a little, but started this month off with 25k in a week and back on track. Already wrote the last chapter...last scene of the book is pretty intense.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Just wanted to let you guys know that the book is very close to being done and the beta read will be starting early in December. Did contact some, but if I missed you or if you'd like to join the beta read team for the first time, just email me or message me with "FM6 Beta Read" in the title and mention your FOH board name, email, and which reading device you use.

Busy writing the last chapter so don't freak out if I don't respond right away!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Awesome, always good to have another good book around the holidays

Would love to do a beta read but I know I don't have the time to sit down with it to really do it justice.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
About 60% through with beta reading and this is already the most epic book yet. YUUUUGE too! I'm not lying when I say that I actually look forward to these books more than even shit like Dresden now. So fucking good. When he puts this on sale, we all need to buy the fuck out of this book, and get others turned onto it, because he needs to keep writing his ass off. I'm already dying for more.

/fanboi off

P.S. Annie B 4 Life!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finished it, and all I can say is GOD DAMN!

Easily his best yet. I can't wait until you guys read it so I finally have someone to discuss it with!

Listen, I know I'm completely biased when it comes to these books, and I'm a fucking fanboi, but I don't care. They are so fucking good. Every single character is like a friend of mine, I know them so well. There are only a few series I've ever read that gave me a similar sense of familiarity with all the supporting characters, like The Black Company, Harry Potter, Ender's Game, etc. Richard does many things well in terms of writing, but his character building is on a par with the best in the business, in my opinion. I really fucking care what happens to all of them. I love Annie B, Val, Ceinwyn, Pocket & Jesus, Miranda, everyone. Just like I loved Hermione and Ron and the older Weasly twins, etc. Except I think I love all of these even more (with the Hermione exception, of course, but that's dirty), and by and large these "good" characters never do fucking stupid shit just to further the plot. That's one of the things I love best, the drama doesn't come from cliched shit like it does in so many other books or shows. The drama comes from actual believable situations and people being made to make difficult decisions, not a fucking rock tripping some dumbass while being chased by zombies.

I know, I know, such a fucking shill. I admit it! This series needs to be way more popular than it is, and it needs to be the next big fucking HBO series. Not joking about that either. If I had a billion dollars I'd do it right now. It could be tough to find actors to play characters in both the school and the current timeline, whether the same or two different actors, but fuck me if this isn't just perfect for HBO.

God dammit!