The Last Man on Earth

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone still watching this shitty show? I could actually do w/o the main guy, he sucks.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I was big on the show for the first 3 eps. I watched 4 and it just came off as a "I'm going to rape you and murder my now wife" feel. So it was pretty fucking awkward for me. I downloaded the other 2 and waiting to watch those.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Were the first episodes good? I just caught the most recent 2-3 when the gf was watching it and they were horrible.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think consensus is the first episode, which is just him fucking around, was awesome. Unfortunately that's not an entire show. Since then it's almost becoming standard sitcom type stuff. The only saving grace is if you like Forte and his Forte-isms, which I do. Most won't.

He is becoming more unlikable each episode though, which sucks. Everyone loved him in the first episode and felt relatable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
naw the first eps weren't good either, just a bunch of retard writers throwing all their ideas into a pot.

lets have him fuck up a nice house!

lets have him not care about RULES!

lets have him not just talk to one Wilson ball, but many balls! wow

it's like a bad reality tv show
the idiot
the nag
the hot one
the fat one

what's the fat one doing today? "oh he's just off being a fatty fat"

the writers "could" have done something, like write actual characters, but instead they just crank a character trait to 11 and that's the character.

the character traits are so dumb, that it makes me think this is another old FOX show from the 90's herman's head, where there are 4 character traits inside a guys heat, and guess what?
theres a 5th character slated for this series so that pretty much is the same cast of herman's head, 4 traits and the main guy, and ultimately my guess, is that we've been in his head all along, cuz he's really the last guy on earth and just fucking crazy, at least this would make sense.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If there's 2 more characters will you say this is just friends and Will Forte is obviously Joey?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If there's 2 more characters will you say this is just friends and Will Forte is obviously Joey?
well for that, you'd have to read my spoiler, and no, b/c like i said, these are just character traits, they aren't fully written characters, like the Friends cast.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I did read it. And yes they're fully written characters. They live in a world with 0 society. The only interactions that are going to show you their level development comes from interacting with the other characters. There are no outside forces besides their group, and basically, Phil and Carol. Everyone else is happy being with other people but Carol and Phil want to mold their society into their own desires.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
At this point, I'm wondering if they are gonna just add a character every single episode.. With Todd, the title has become a lie and basically a gimmick to garner attention for the show's premiere.
I remember seeing the previews and thinking there was no way they could sustain it for a full show with just one guy, but at the same time why not name it something else?

I also agree that with the most recent episode, Phil has become a lot less likeable. I'm hoping the others show him how good he has it now by leaving him out of the loop for a few days, and he stops being so neurotic. Like, Carol pretends to leave him and moves in with Todd/Melissa for a few days, which makes him realize how shitty being alone is again. If it was just him being buddies with Todd instead of competing and showing all the stuff he did before the others showed up, that could be funny again.

Plus, given some time to think about it, both guys kinda need to fuck both women for genetic diversity. Gonna have inbred humans within a generation or so either way, but if a couple other people show up eventually it could dilute it enough to not cause major problems.

Cybsled

Well as a possible spoiler, one of the episodes is titled "Moving to Tampa". Considering January Jones is only listed for 8 episodes and that episode is the 8th episode since her appearance, it is possible her + Todd will move to Florida and just leave Phil + Carol for now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd bet they're moving because why the fuck would you pick Arizona. Though Tampa doesn't exactly sound perfect either. Maybe that's kind of a running gag of the 2nd class cities they keep picking.

Cybsled

Ya, Florida with no AC would suck balls. I mean, I can understand wanting to live somewhere warm, but why not pick areas of Cali instead of a damned swamp? ;p

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The main problem with this show is that it is just downright fucking depressing. Every single thing just barely misses working out for the main character, and instead ends up in almost the worst possible result. There is never, ever a "win" for him, and without that, why would anyone want to keep watching? Even shows where someone is generally terrible to other people (let's take House, or Dwight Schrute) allows them to win once in awhile, or at least make us root for them against an even worse antagonist. Phil is the worst person on the show in terms of how he treats others and the things he does, there is no one worse than him in pretty much every social measurement, and he continues to dig himself a deeper hole. Even if he eventually winds up finding happiness or achieving some sort of victory, it has to be more than once a season. People will have stopped watching by then.

I literally finish each episode of this show and ask myself why he doesn't just kill himself. Granted, I loved the first episode, but I realize they couldn't have sustained that. But what is the point of the show? Even if lanx is correct with his theory, it is not going to be worth watching long enough to get there.

You can't have a show that is so dark and depressing that people feel bad watching it. And that's exactly what episodes 2-5 have been. I'll probably keep watching for January Jones at least, but man, it is a struggle to even press play each week. You *have* to give the viewer some hope for the main character to get a win along the way, even if it is just a tease here and there. There is zero hope in this show.

Cybsled

That is part of the reason I don't think the "Phil is alone and everyone else is a figment of his imagination" theory will pan out, primarily because that would be depressing. Don't forget they decided to nix the dead bodies everywhere angle because of that very reason.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Find it a bit weird that he doesnt switch house's at all, I mean if a had a pool filled with shit outside, I wouldn't be living next door to it if I had a choice.

Xevy

Log Wizard
LD always has some sort of logic backing his shit. Like he's an asshole because he does the logical thing against society's mores that he doesn't believe make sense. Phil is just being a greedy retard in the last few episodes. If this was anyone but Forte or Arnett I'd definitely hate him.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd bet they're moving because why the fuck would you pick Arizona.
That's how much of a dumb fuck he is, the only reason it's based in AZ is cuz that's where he lived. he goes back to his home, after driving to all 48 states? (in the first eps, after marking every X, he drives to his apt, then decides to "move on up)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I am bothered that the show title is now a lie. I expect them to kill off todd with a heart attack or something. I wonder if he can still even get it up without his diabeetus medicine.