The Last of Us

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'll give it a shot, but I'm hesitant.

Also did anyone else decide not to shoot the trapped guy in the beginning of TLOU1? I need that ammo, my man....not sorry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
i think season 1 is game 1 (including gay DLC) and season 2 is game 2 and thats the entire scope of the show, only 2 seasons limited series. of course if it does insanely well i'm sure it will bloat out. the only real controversary i've seen is they got rid of the spore stuff so they don't have to deal with gas masks on actors, which is fine. it spreads more like a fungi or something.

i still have never played the second game and doubt i ever will but i am curious what kind of tranbo they can get to play abbie

for max fun whenever a lib starts talking about the show in the next few months mention about how the second game inhumanely treats black people in a post apocalyptic world and thats why you don't really support naughty dog anymore, because they are racist and its a shame HBO is glorifying erasure of black lives. i don't really know (or care) what it all means but i know its a thing, just like a small number of people hate avatar because it does the white man saves natives trope, and you can get retards twisted into knots pretty easily.
So you are saying there is only one season?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, Druckmann seemed pretty adamant about following the games. I hope they at least change how events are shown in the second season. Having Joel killed before you know really anything about her killer wasn't a great move. I could see the story working a lot better if the second season starts with her journey leading up to killing Joel (with the audience not knowing it's Joel who killed her father) a few episodes in. Give the audience a chance to like her or empathize with her first.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They could always just...not have a roided out dickchopper beat the protagonist to death.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
They could always just...not have a roided out dickchopper beat the protagonist to death.
Funny GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Yeah, Druckmann seemed pretty adamant about following the games. I hope they at least change how events are shown in the second season. Having Joel killed before you know really anything about her killer wasn't a great move. I could see the story working a lot better if the second season starts with her journey leading up to killing Joel (with the audience not knowing it's Joel who killed her father) a few episodes in. Give the audience a chance to like her or empathize with her first.

While I hated her character in the 2nd game, I do agree that introducing her earlier and trying to show those scenes in parallel to the events in the 1st game might allow for more sympathy and actually achieve what the creators of the 2nd game THOUGHT the general audience would react to.

I think the best option would be to have a C-plot about the Fireflies, but do it from the really naive perspective of a young Abby. You can basically fool the audience into thinking the Fireflies are this awesome, moral organization because your only viewpoint is from a sheltered kid. And because audiences not familiar with the game don't know anything, maybe they will assume Abby will have some twist involving a bad end for her, which garners more sympathy for the character. Then when you finally get to the end of TLOU1 in terms of the show, it pulls back the curtain to show what the Fireflies really are. That way it helps enhance the "shock" of what the Fireflies were going to do, but it has also introduced you to Abby in a more positive light to help contrast with what Joel does at the facility.

TLOU2 tried to do that during the game, but because we went through all of TLOU1 without any of this context, we just really hate Abby's character no matter how much of a sob backstory they gave her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like social contagion mixed with woke points. But honestly, I’d believe it. She got a jaw on her.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
That girl has always been uglier than sin so it’s no surprise she’s playing the ‘’maybe I’m actually a dude” angle.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate when actors do this shit. It changes the narrative around the show and now we have to have stupid conversations about an actor's feelings, instead of the show itself.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I hate when actors do this shit. It changes the narrative around the show and now we have to have stupid conversations about an actor's feelings, instead of the show itself.

Stop talking about it then

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
No shit. I'm here to read bad opinions about the show, not read the saaaaame fuuuuucking conveeeersaaation where you guys all say the saaaaame shiiiiit about X actor on show for 5 pages

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Stop talking about it then

We generally do. Or at least make a valid attempt to, but then the fucking writers make a whole episode about it (Umbrella Academy) or just keep throwing it in our face (cringe dialogue in She Hulk, new Quantum Leap's TWO GENDERS rant in an episode 2 weeks back)

Just ruining what would otherwise be an enjoyable, fun to watch show*.

*not She Hulk lol

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No shit. I'm here to read bad opinions about the show, not read the saaaaame fuuuuucking conveeeersaaation where you guys all say the saaaaame shiiiiit about X actor on show for 5 pages
Bitch you picked the wrong fucking show to whine about that.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

You mean the same fucking retarded shit that made them fag up the second game? You think that shit potentially fagging up the TV show isn't also worth discussing? It's the saaaaaame shiiiiiit because the saaaaaame shiiiiiit is infecting nearly everything being released these days, both television and theater, but the moron class keeps lapping it up and making excuses so we have to continue to suffer through watching. Our only outlet is to shit mercilessly on the root cause on the forums, and the root cause is always the same.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users