The Last of Us

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, she's the voice of the Boss/President in SR3/4. She's also the voice of Jaina Proudmoore in WoW.

I mean, she's done a ton of shit.

Cybsled

Voice actors get roles so long as their voice holds out. Ellen McClain (voice of Glados/combine female voice alert/administrator in TF2) is almost 70. Jim French, guy who voiced Bill in L4D and other dota heroes, was 89 when he died and had only retired a few years earlier if memory serves.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
The guy who did Captain Price prior to the new game is 79. Only reason original VA didn't come back is cause he wasn't up for it.

• 1Like

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buff women generally don't exist outside of modern societies with high calorie availability and steroids. Women naturally need to maintain more fat, and its really difficult to grow muscle mass without testosterone. Toned women? Yes. Actually bulked up women? Mostly no. You need to live in the gym, eat an enormous amount and still will probably need a testosterone supplement. All of those things should be impossible in a post apoc society.

I think you're getting body building women confused with "buff". I don't see, in this universe with that setup they had at the stadium, full gym setup with people training which her physique is totally and absolutely possible. Folk just mad playing a buff woman because it makes them look like a fat pile of shit which most people on here are.

• 3Faggotry
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I think you're getting body building women confused with "buff". I don't see, in this universe with that setup they had at the stadium, full gym setup with people training which her physique is totally and absolutely possible. Folk just mad playing a buff woman because it makes them look like a fat pile of shit which most people on here are.

You're a perfect example of someone so far into ivory tower the west has created that you're not even sure what the natural world looks like anymore. Sure though, someone hitting the gym as an occupation to maintain muscle mass is something that would totally happen when all industrial production in society breaks down. I'm sure finding food, and even basic sanitary needs wouldn't occupy a huge chunk of people's productive lives.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You're a perfect example of someone so far into ivory tower the west has created that you're not even sure what the natural world looks like anymore. Sure though, someone hitting the gym as an occupation to maintain muscle mass is something that would totally happen when all industrial production in society breaks down. I'm sure finding food, and even basic sanitary needs wouldn't occupy a huge chunk of people's productive lives.
Whatever man. Will Smith had time to do pull-ups in I Am Legend. Checkmate faggot

• 7Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

jayrebb jayrebb care to explain this so we don't have to?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
No, it’s pretty much impossible.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
they even show abby getting a "meal" and it consists of her eating one burrito. CARBS? LIMITED FATTY PROTEIN? DISGUSTING

Bane knows what it takes, you are what you eat. Its not bagels, pizza and burritos

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they even show abby getting a "meal" and it consists of her eating one burrito. CARBS? LIMITED FATTY PROTEIN? DISGUSTING
i think this is supposed to contrast what ellie got on the same day, thick hearty bigot steak sandwiches.

stupid girl didn't even eat em, she gave em to asian joel

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

In TLOU1 Joel tells Ellie how much he misses coffee. He hadn't had coffee in over a decade. They didn't bother covering food but it was quite obvious everyone was starving and eating whatever they could get their hands on.

TLOU2 ignores this entirely and has burritos and steak sandwiches. When, in such a situation, beefsteak and meat would be reserved for the elite just like it always was before modern society. Or for extremely special occasions. The average person in the mushroom apocalypse would be eating potatoes and root vegetables 99% of the time. Augmented by some fish or birds when they could catch them. Straight up scavenger society with no logistics or infrastructure. Simply because the power of the potato is how much caloric density you create with it. Potatoes created more calories, cheaper and in less space than any other vegetable and could grow in almost any situation. Why else do people think it took Europe by storm compared to all previous agriculture?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

In a society where you have to fight to survive, be on constant vigilance for mushroom zombies and other human tribes, where would you find time for this? The method of bodybuilding are well known. You require lots of food, lots of sleep, and minimal cardio exertion and deprivation. 60 days of Army ranger school today and a bodybuilder loses literal years of work because of deprivation and exhaustion.

So when you're constantly deprived and forced to walk everywhere its very hard to maintain excess muscle mass. People would default to being thin and wiry before they were massive.

• 1Truth!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In TLOU1 Joel tells Ellie how much he misses coffee. He hadn't had coffee in over a decade. They didn't bother covering food but it was quite obvious everyone was starving and eating whatever they could get their hands on.

TLOU2 ignores this entirely and has burritos and steak sandwiches. When, in such a situation, beefsteak and meat would be reserved for the elite just like it always was before modern society. Or for extremely special occasions. The average person in the mushroom apocalypse would be eating potatoes and root vegetables 99% of the time. Augmented by some fish or birds when they could catch them. Straight up scavenger society with no logistics or infrastructure. Simply because the power of the potato is how much caloric density you create with it. Potatoes created more calories, cheaper and in less space than any other vegetable and could grow in almost any situation. Why else do people think it took Europe by storm compared to all previous agriculture?
joel finally had a cup of coffee the night before abby, i have no idea wtf you'd do with 20year old coffee beans tho.

spronk

FPS noob
The seraphim/scav society was also bizarre to me, it looked literally like around 10,000 people chilling out in wooden huts on an isthmus. How the fuck would you feed that many people? It seems wildly unlikely that they wouldn't constantly be invaded by zombie hordes, one person gets bit and goes underground to hide and spores up creating a never ending cycle of near extermination.

Thats one thing I liked about TLOU1, it showed extremely tiny pockets of survivors that were one mistake away from vanishing, and even Tommy's little camp was more a dream than reality. Even the starting "city" was run like North Korea and ruthless in putting down any possible sign of disease. In TLOU2 you have at least four absolutely massive settlements, and only one - Santa Barbara - is run like what you'd think a post apocalypse society runs like.

yeah, yeah I know the reason why is because Cuckman wanted to tell a story about revenge and didn't really give a shit about building a world that felt "right" but its a bummer not a single writer tried to make it work. I didn't watch TWD past season one but it sounds like that show at least tried to preserve that sense of "nothing lasts long in this world".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Potatoes created more calories, cheaper and in less space than any other vegetable and could grow in almost any situation. Why else do people think it took Europe by storm compared to all previous agriculture?

I just assumed it was because Russia was bored and fucking loved vodka as their pastime.