The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, basically, we're losing the Colbert Report, and gaining nothing. Sounds shitty.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm willing to bet Jon Stewart was approached. I don't think he wants to give up what he's got. His ratings are great, and he's probably a lot more in charge of that show than he would be the Late Show.
I'm sure Jon is also paid a small fortune at comedy central.

Also, hopefully John Oliver gets Colbert's slot.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why are people mentioning Louis CK? He's one of my favorite comedians and maybe I just know him for his standup and sitcom but has he ever interviewed anyone ever?
He was classically trained in the art of show hosting by David Lynch.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I think this is a genius move by CBS and have no doubt Colbert will do great as a host, it doesn't outweigh my disappointment that this means we're losing The Colbert Report. In my opinion, there are no shortage of people that could make good talkshow hosts, but I'd be hard pressed to name someone that could pull off what Colbert has done in the past decade.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Louis CK is hilarious would be an awful late night host. He doesn't have the personality and I don't even see him having the motivation to do something like that.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Neil Patrick Harris

Not actually funny on the fly.
XSaGI4I.png

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I'm sure Jon is also paid a small fortune at comedy central.
John Stewartis the highest paidTV personalityon late night television.

Also, hopefully John Oliver gets Colbert's slot.
John Oliver already got his own show. On HBO.

Colbert Report will be replaced by another parody/satire news show, likely hosted by another Daily Show alumni. If I had to put money on it, I'd say it'll be a woman or a brown person. Probably not Samantha Bee. Maybe Kristen Schaal. If it's a man, probably Aasif Mandvi. I doubt they'd offer Wyatt Cenac his own show this soon, but maybe.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Colbert Report will be replaced by another parody/satire news show, likely hosted by another Daily Show alumni. If I had to put money on it, I'd say it'll be a woman or a brown person. Probably not Samantha Bee. Maybe Kristen Schaal. If it's a man, probably Aasif Mandvi. I doubt they'd offer Wyatt Cenac his own show this soon, but maybe.
That wouldn't go well. Any similar show will automatically be compared to CR and will suck.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Samantha Bee or Wyatt Cenac could both handle their own show. Not sure about Aasif, he's great on the show but I don't know how he'd do for a full half hour. I haven't heard him or Samantha really outside of the show, but Wyatt Cenac on podcasts is still hilarious off the cuff.

But if they decided to do something somewhat in the vein of Colbert Report then Samantha Bee would be the best choice. She's amazing staying in character and being willing to look like an ass while treating her subjects like shit. Plus...ya know...vagina. That would shut up some of the whiny fucks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Stephen moving up the ladder while Jon is still stuck doing dumbshit.
Stewart owns the production company and the rights to both shows, plus his salary as host. He is making way more money than any of the other late night hosts by a long shot.

Wyatt Cenac would be a really good replacement but he hasn't done any comedy stuff in a few years now, not sure he'd even be interested.

I think it will be impossible for Colbert to be as funny on CBS as himself than he was on CC as his character. The show could still be decent but it is going to be a huge net loss for television.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't understand why they didn't go with Craig Ferguson.
Most of the stuff that Craig does on his show he does specifically because he's on at 12:30 at night and heknowsthat his viewership is smaller than it could be. Basically Craig made his choice. He might take it if they offered (I dunno the guy), but from everything he's said publicly it's very possible that he'd only do it for more money and creative freedom than they'd be willing to pay him.

Colbert will be fine at 11:30 for an hour on regular network. I hope very much that he sticks to his 1 guest per show format -- but since these shows are one face of the hollywood press machine I guess that's completely unrealistic to even hope. He won't do his schtick, but his sctick isn't what makes him funny.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Kinda sucks that this didn't play out a little sooner because John Oliver would've been the obvious choice to replace Colbert a few months ago. I really liked Oliver when he was filling in for Stewart, and I'm glad that he got his own show on HBO, but I wonder if it would've been better to have him stay with Comedy Central giving us 4~ nights/week worth of content rather than the 1 night/week he'll be giving us on HBO.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Colbert will be fine at 11:30 for an hour on regular network. I hope very much that he sticks to his 1 guest per show format -- but since these shows are one face of the hollywood press machine I guess that's completely unrealistic to even hope.
The only reason a show like Letterman's has the second half hour is for the second guest and the musical act. Cut off that half hour and it's basically the same format Colbert has now (opening, skit, guest). Really, if Colbert is going to do anything to change the format, I wouldn't mind seeing him get rid of the stand-up monologue at the beginning of the show and do something behind the desk similar to The Word. The monologue feels out-of-date to me, and Colbert and Jon Stewart have proven there are better ways of delivering jokes then just rattling off a bunch of them at the beginning of the show.